Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, versedi said:

That could be a case if it would be only about present WRC. But we didn't see a Toyota in Codemasters game for long time and I dont think we will anywhere soon.

There won't be any Toyotas in Codemasters games. Because of... reasons. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Civarello said:

ve mentioned these things (Steam workshop, custom liveries in Online Events, worse support for custom-stuff in general, missing options in the setup-menu compared to DR1 and D4, no Rally-school, a WAY worse Career-mode compared to D4

Custom liveries are reported to be working across the board now. 

DR had options in the setup menu that shouldn't have been there. RWD cars with a solid axle won't have any camber/toe adjustments. 

I do agree that I would love Dirt Fish back though. 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bogani said:

Custom liveries are reported to be working across the board now. 

DR had options in the setup menu that shouldn't have been there. RWD cars with a solid axle won't have any camber/toe adjustments. 

I do agree that I would love Dirt Fish back though. 

So encryption issues have been brought in line with the changes made in Dirt 4 to allow modded liveries to be used in carreer mode now? If this is true i hope this means cameras can be modded too!

I totally agree about Dirt Fish, I couldnt understand why they didnt include it again in DR 2.0. Another one of the unfourtunate steps backwards, but maybe they are planning to add it in later when they have more time, like with VR and Leagues. Would also love to see the return of steam workshop car setups, that was something really cool from DR 1.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chukonu said:

Don't know why Toyota is being like this. Why wouldn't you want your car represented in a game? It's how I learned to love even ugly ducks like the Metro.

I believe there are other factors at play with Toyota and Codemasters (and these have been an issue for some time). 

Nice to see I am not the only one who would like to see Dirtfish (or a similar) back. A wide open space would be very useful for playing with car setup! 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I believe there are other factors at play with Toyota and Codemasters (and these have been an issue for some time). 

Nice to see I am not the only one who would like to see Dirtfish (or a similar) back. A wide open space would be very useful for playing with car setup! 

is timetrial not enough for testing setup??   i don't wan't do discredit your idea, but i think there are more important thing they should do, imho

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

is timetrial not enough for testing setup??   i don't wan't do discredit your idea, but i think there are more important thing they should do, imho

Yeah, but the DirtFish would be a nearly direct import of the same circuit. They don't have to make it new, because after all it's just a testing fun lobby. What could give some work would be the surfaces, so yes right now there's other priorities and that is bug fixing and rolling out DLC1.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

is timetrial not enough for testing setup??   i don't wan't do discredit your idea, but i think there are more important thing they should do, imho

At the risk of upsetting programers everywhere, surely the fact that the entire area and features have already been created using esentially the same game engine and made by the same people would mean adding it in to DR 2.0 would be still be viable (time wise) and a fraçtion of the time it takes to create a whole new country and stages?

But yeah if it got in the way of fixing FFB or something really important, it wouldnt be worth it. Just depends on how hard it would actually be.

Edited by Rygar86
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rygar86 said:

At the risk of upsetting programers everywhere, surely the fact that the entire area and features have already been created using esentially the same game engine and made by the same people would mean adding it in to DR 2.0 would be still be viable (time wise) and a fraçtion of the time it takes to create a whole new country and stages?

But yeah if it got in the way of fixing FFB or something really important, it wouldnt be worth it. Just depends on hlw hard it would actually be.

At least there would be no need to integrate road degradation on an area like DirtFish.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also want DirtFish back. They could make the area a little bigger, add the Rallyschool from D4, and (as I mentioned before) add the party modes (Invasion, Outbreak, Transporter) from DIRT 3 in it and you have something fun next to the serious stuff. Maybe these fun games are not 'real', but it is a different way to learn and understand the cars and also a good way of training yourself. 

 

  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's too much work at the moment with more serious things on the table. I'd be happy enough with simply a direct import of the D4 DirtFish, even without the modes, just for testing.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Let's not forget that DirtFish was a licensed location based off a real-world environment.

While it may or may not be a relatively easy job in terms of porting the content, there is also the licensing aspect to consider, a topic that only the people at DirtFish and Codemasters would really know about regarding viability.

Edited by PJTierney
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Let's not forget that DirtFish was a licensed location based off a real-world environment.

While it may or may not be a relatively easy job in terms of porting the content, there is also the licensing aspect to consider, a topic that only the people at DirtFish and Codemasters would really know about regarding viability.

True, but if that was the case then they could have added a replacement instead of Dirtfish.

god forbid we should get something new. 

Some people speculated that the reason that the 2000’s cars were not in the game at launch was due to licensing in too, yet a few weeks later they are putting he same cars back in. Again, if licensing was the issue then the c4 and fabia should have been included in release.  

 

I forgot about the rally school in d4 too, that was pretty fun, plus the dirt 4 career was better too, and the team management was deeper than dr2. 

It’s just weird that dr2 is inferior in these aspects that were in the previous game.

Edited by Pieman99
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

It’s just weird that dr2 is inferior in these aspects that were in the previous game.

Maybe the management was disappointed with D4 sales so they tasked the devs with making the exact copy of the more (?) successful DR?

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

is timetrial not enough for testing setup??   i don't wan't do discredit your idea, but i think there are more important thing they should do, imho

I wouldn't want to see huge amounts of resources committed to it (and I don't care about all the "block smashing" and time trials and all that), I'd just like to see them bring the basic (plain) environment back from DiRT 4.

Yeah, time trial is really good for working on lap times, but there just isn't room on any of the stages to play around with the cars. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

the dirt 4 career was better too, and the team management was deeper than dr2.

Team management was deeper in Dirt 4, but I think it really went overboard with sponsors and crew housing and food and moral and sleeping places and romance and piano lessons and I don't even remember what all was in there. At times, it felt more like a rally management game than a rally driving game to me. I'm glad DR2 returned to a simplified system similar to DR1's.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DocStrangelove said:

Team management was deeper in Dirt 4, but I think it really went overboard with sponsors and crew housing and food and moral and sleeping places and romance and piano lessons and I don't even remember what all was in there. At times, it felt more like a rally management game than a rally driving game to me. I'm glad DR2 returned to a simplified system similar to DR1's.

Yeah, I agree. Would be cool to see the livery editor back, but I REALLY don't miss having to constantly renew engineer contracts and pick new sponsors every few races. 

Edited by tbtstt
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think overall the My Team is a bit better and easier than D4
+ Car not automatically is good again after finishing an event. Really need to repair it.
+ Can develop the car, although this is a bit debatable how realistic this is (but its more of the direction of F1 series, which i think is good development)
+ Good you not need to constantly renew contracts.
+ Good you can invest in your crew.
- Not need to pay salaries (but this has probably to due, that the career and online events are mixed, and not really are seasons)
- No sponsor budgets
- Not can choose an other person for engineer or something.

I think the base is better, but can get more depth. F.e. missing salaries, entry fees, sponsor budgets, etc.

Livery editor would be great, but as semi-pro graphics artist, I think it was very limited in D4. It should have a bit more depth.
Don't forget that liveries of teams also being influenced by the sponsors/partners. So to make it more realistic in career, all the cars should have sponsor liveries of all sponsors which are in the game, or kinda preset. So if you choose Castrol as main sponsor, you car will be green/black/white. Although maybe still can choose from a few different patterns and can choose the order of the three colors. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Would be cool to see the livery editor back, but I REALLY don't miss having to constantly renew engineer contracts and pick new sponsors every few races.

That could be automated for those who don't want to be bothered. I, for one, kinda miss all that fluff.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that custom Championships or stages should be always public, it bothers me a lot that always there isnt anyone to play online 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i see that a lot of players open  a lobby, waiit a bit and after no one joins, obviously the doing other things on pc.......         i would be nice if evrytime a new player joins the lobby,  the game makes an audiosignal  (beep) ,  even if the game is open but in taskbar....  so  lobbycreator knows players waiting to play  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

I think overall the My Team is a bit better and easier than D4
+ Car not automatically is good again after finishing an event. Really need to repair it.
+ Can develop the car, although this is a bit debatable how realistic this is (but its more of the direction of F1 series, which i think is good development)
+ Good you not need to constantly renew contracts.
+ Good you can invest in your crew.
- Not need to pay salaries (but this has probably to due, that the career and online events are mixed, and not really are seasons)
- No sponsor budgets
- Not can choose an other person for engineer or something.

I think the base is better, but can get more depth. F.e. missing salaries, entry fees, sponsor budgets, etc.

Livery editor would be great, but as semi-pro graphics artist, I think it was very limited in D4. It should have a bit more depth.
Don't forget that liveries of teams also being influenced by the sponsors/partners. So to make it more realistic in career, all the cars should have sponsor liveries of all sponsors which are in the game, or kinda preset. So if you choose Castrol as main sponsor, you car will be green/black/white. Although maybe still can choose from a few different patterns and can choose the order of the three colors. 

I can live with a livery editor because if is a choice to do something with it. For the rest I have the game for driving. Please no dirt4 gimmick with sponsors and crew.

I even would like to be able to turn off the stupid "driving to the msrchall" thing. After doing several hundred of hours in the game (ok that takes another few months) such things get annoying.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

But that's how it is in real life and adds a lot to immersion, specially when damage still accounts for while driving to the marshall. It has been a requested feature in DR1 and I'm glad it's in.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Janneman60 said:

Please no dirt4 gimmick with sponsors and crew.

Awww, come on! Doesn't applying a ProDrive sticker on an Impreza makes you feel warm and cozy? :classic_unsure:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BloodCat said:

Awww, come on! Doesn't applying a ProDrive sticker on an Impreza makes you feel warm and cozy? :classic_unsure:

Ehhh, no? 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×