DiRTy Gossip Thread

I'm in the middle of giving Monte Carlo a go, just had a run on the Sprint en montée but are those new winter tyres that come with the rally really working? I mean there's absolutely no grip at all anymore when u hit a snowpatch, the car just slides immediatedly and spears off to one of the sides.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:
21 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Yes, but was it Hoover or Dyson? I need to know whether it was American suction or British.

Hmm, based off the sound, they may have gone from Hoover to Dyson in their quality, but whichever one we decide on.... (*puts on shades*) they still suck...

• Like 1

Is there a way to show default values in the tuning menu? There was such thing in DR1, afair.

• Agree 3

33 minutes ago, sqdstr said:

I'm in the middle of giving Monte Carlo a go, just had a run on the Sprint en montée but are those new winter tyres that come with the rally really working? I mean there's absolutely no grip at all anymore when u hit a snowpatch, the car just slides immediatedly and spears off to one of the sides.

I really like it this way, lots of fun with all those mixed conditions. It's a nice challenge.

20190325190826_1.jpg

• Agree 3

In all honesty the amount of grip available on the Ice in DR1 was a little bit too much but I'll wait till I get a chance to do Monte DLC before I pass judgement!!

Monte is really quite the challenge now! You are afraid of every patch of ice even though the feeling is awesome when hitting it!

• Agree 4

Yeah, I like the changes to the physics in Monte. It makes it a very different experience compared to DR1.

• Agree 4

i like dirt rally 2.0, i has some good ideas with a great handling,but i miss  the fine details  perfections,the fine tune, something that only one who feels and love rally can achieve........

in poor words:  paul coleman, in this game your hand are missing

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, sqdstr said:

Aw, man, I've been waiting for such a thing for SOOO long... 

I finally have a full-blown excuse for sliding down a mountain right towards Terminal Damage! 

On another note, Monte now looks really awesome with the new replay system compared to those gopro replay cams in DR1.

Also just one last thing, is it normal that MC in time trial only has 1 weather option (daytime, clear skies) that is greyed out and can't be changed?

Posted (edited)

20190325190826_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, BloodCat said:

Where is that special livery, by the way?

alpine i guess

Edited by teknoid85

Posted (edited)

I counted 5 cars with new liveries, all of them are black with gold detailing and D+ on them

From memory after a quick look before - Mini Cooper, Stratos, Alpine, Delta HF and one more which escapes me...

Edit: Peugeot 205 T16 is the other, how I forgot that I'll never know 

Edited by MattyH1812
  • Agree 1

guys i know i'm insistent with this problem but nobody has an answer to this, or if and when they fix the graphics on xbox one s and ps4:classic_sad:

Posted (edited)

guys it is normal that in online lobby i can't change the tyres  on service?   no choose/change...........    is that a setting by some funny dudebro's   or is it a bug???

Edited by teknoid85

Did a first Run, don't know what demon rode me to pick R-GT class on icy roads...

But it did give me another World Record. of all the 3 people who raced RG-T down Monte so far XD.

Anyway, amazing upgrade, I think I saw some new trees, there are new sounds like crackling ice sheets I think and most importantly the road condition is superb in it's transition, especially for RWDs. You feel every bit where you switch between icy patches and actual grippy tarmac. Now in direct comparison it also shows, how tarmac has definitely improved. Much better than DR1, no Assetto or PCARS yet, but best it was in DiRT so far.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

57 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

guys i know i'm insistent with this problem but nobody has an answer to this, or if and when they fix the graphics on xbox one s and ps4:classic_sad:

They're not broken you just don't like them. Very big difference.

1 hour ago, teknoid85 said:

20190325190826_1.jpg

alpine i guess

What is special about these liverys.

Anyone else noticed that the flag next to Phil Mills' name is the flag of England on some liveries but Union Jack on others? Is there a particular reason for that?

Posted (edited)

Was Monte Carlo released for PC first? I'm asking because there was an update on Xbox too but only half a GB and there's no new location in time trials. 

Edit: Just read on the previous page steam update is 7GB so it might be live later for consoles 

Edited by richie

18 minutes ago, richie said:

Was Monte Carlo released for PC first? I'm asking because there was an update on Xbox too but only half a GB and there's no new location in time trials. 

It's going to be released midnight in your timezone I believe.

I like to think because of all the steam issues they decided to make up for it by releasing monte one day early

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfCoins said:

It's going to be released midnight in your timezone I believe.

I like to think because of all the steam issues they decided to make up for it by releasing monte one day early

Yeah maybe. Anyways, really looking forward to this one 😃 after watching the video above even more. It looks awesome!

monte is stunning looking this isnt no tweak. well done codies ! :classic_biggrin:

also its damn hard so expect to lose a bit of hair and get the swear jar ready 😂