DiRTy Gossip Thread

24 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Never got why there is no Dragon on the Union Jack. Did the other 3 bully Wales when creating the Flag?

Also: I'm very curious to see if the Jack changes in the Future. If, during the coming decade, Northern Ireland reunites under a Good Friday referendum and Scotland goes independent, which are both in the realm of possible with brexit, in Theory it should change, no?

The United Kingdom of England and Wales, with a red cross on white with a Red Dragon in the middle or something XD

45 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Sort of. Northern Ireland,  Scotland , Wales and England fall under the Flag and governance of Great Britain, the symbol of which is the Union Flag.

(Northern Ireland technically isn't part of Great Britain) 

I see you also restrained yourself from an unnecessary "well, actually..." moment at all the 'jack' references...

9 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

Never got why there is no Dragon on the Union Jack. Did the other 3 bully Wales when creating the Flag?

D0GFlAqWsAEhXZd.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Agree 1

Didn't want to go full pedant. I've bitten all my fingernails off through temptation though.

18 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

Also: I'm very curious to see if the Jack changes in the Future. If, during the coming decade, Northern Ireland reunites under a Good Friday referendum and Scotland goes independent, which are both in the realm of possible with brexit, in Theory it should change, no?

The United Kingdom of England and Wales, with a red cross on white with a Red Dragon in the middle or something XD

The creation of the flag was like 400 years after the annexation of Wales. The country is represented on the Union Flag in the sense that it was a part of Kingdom of England at that time.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Stupid times we live in, and I just hope England finds its way back to the growing route that Cameron was pursuing. It's obvious the people don't want Brexit and this whole process has done nothing but harm to the country in every department, specially in the economics. I see much of Thatcher in May's behaviours, but it's just ruining the country and the union.

Both UK and the EU are stronger together, not separate. That should be pretty obvious and I can't understand how such opposite idea from UKIP's leader Nigel Farage managed to win such referendum in the first place. Big illusion.

Edited by Riggs
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

On 3/26/2019 at 12:07 PM, PJTierney said:

No new Achievements have shown up on Xbox, and a quick look at PS4 Trophy sites shows none either.

Steam is one shared environment for public/development.  PS4 and X1 have private developer environments, which is why you might occasionally see developer sessions on Steam but never for the consoles.  The trophy/achievement scrapers only take details from the retail environment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Monte Carlo is truly fantastic! Loving the 'grip' (it's not grip actually, but traction) changes between ice, snow and tarmac, and the replays looks so damn good. I'm a little bit in love 😍

Edited by richie
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

If we have got a truly monte experience with so slippery snow, imagine in season 2 getting a proper muddy and slippery wales 😃

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

9 minutes ago, Fedemaisonnave said:

If we have got a truly monte experience with so slippery snow, imagine in season 2 getting a proper muddy and slippery wales 😃

I'm ready to embrace the trees even more than on the first DiRT Rally. I sort of look forward to it... Sort of. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I noticed that some of the areas that would retire you in Monte Carlo now reset your car to the road. I'm speaking of areas where you could drop from a cliff to the next part of the road lower below. Some of these places would be a kinda forced DNF but since it's possible for the car to get to the road I'm glad they've made a back to road replacement rather than an instant DNF 🙂

can someone explain why on australia there is less grip than in the other gravel locations?   is that so in real life????

5 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

after only 4 weeks not even in top 40 in UK sales.. Sad Day, for a such good game.. i hope something will change soon, it has to..

even Dirt4 did sale much ,much, better.

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

i'm not surprised, a rally sim is for a niche market,  it would be nice to see comparison with first dirt rally  in a few months

5 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

even Dirt4 did sale much ,much, better.

DiRT 4 was a numbered chapter, so it was supposed to sell better. Also, it relied on DR1 fame, unlike DR2 which has a foundation of D4 infamy.
And we had JustBigLee as the proper community manager back then, not the current... one.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

can someone explain why on australia there is less grip than in the other gravel locations?

I think the camber changes combined with bumps make Australia more difficult. Normally I feel OK grip there, and then bang! -- I'm flying outta a harmless left 4.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

can someone explain why on australia there is less grip than in the other gravel locations?   is that so in real life????

Yes. It's because of the ball bearing type gravel.

image.png.d34e220a79babc1c14505a3aa98f72c7.png

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

The bumps. Constant goddamn bumps everywhere. Want to go flatout through these 5's and 6's? Yeah expect that suspension to be crying by the end of it. So you are constantly dealing with awkward weight shifts and transitions. A lot of the time it is halfway through a corner on some wild "4 Right tightens 3 over crest" which just completely throws you off if you haven't been doing time trial runs for the last 20 minutes in AU.

• Agree 3

The problems are across all versions. It's the patch version we have to look at.

4 hours ago, CMMcBabe said:

Steam is one shared environment for public/development.  PS4 and X1 have private developer environments, which is why you might occasionally see developer sessions on Steam but never for the consoles.  The trophy/achievement scrapers only take details from the retail environment.

Thanks for the insight :classic_happy:

First time at Monte: the co-pilot speak spanish at start... but thank CM for this experience! Montecarlo is the best rally!

i can't wait to have greece in dr2.0, it was my favourite in the first game

then finland and wales

7 minutes ago, Edwinsimo said:

First time at Monte: the co-pilot speak spanish at start... but thank CM for this experience! Montecarlo is the best rally!

in italian he speaks portuguese at start 😂

Just catching up here on the flag stuff.

Can't see why the rest of the world is confused that the Union Flag is called the Union Jack depending where it's flown, that it's made up of the flags of the member states of England, Scotland and Ireland but not Wales, even though Ireland hasn't been part of the UK for about a century.....Except for Northern Ireland which is (at the time of writing) but is not part of Great Britain even though it's part of the UK.

Simple enough to me.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1