DiRTy Gossip Thread

even Dirt Rally gets its fair share here...

2 hours ago, SquadBruce said:

I was running Top 20 on PS4 with no upgrades but no idea where i ended up in the end! 

Glad to see its not just me that has switched to single platform leaderboards!

I check the Multi-Platform boards if I top the Xbox board, but if I can’t make #1 on that there’s no point in looking at even faster times 😏

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

How do you switch to single platform leaderboard?

Should be in Game Options.

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Should be in Game Options.

Ah, I expected it in leaderboards somewhere 😃 Thanks

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DocStrangelove said:

That moment you realise you've got to finish the weekly AI challenge tonight but you've had 5 pints.

That moment you realise it's Australia in the Datsun.

That moment you realise you f'cked up your car so badly that you're starting a night stage without any lights.

That moment you **** it up so badly that you go down to #22 in the event.

That moment after two stage wins with broken un-upgraded engine, spending most of them upside down, when you realise you're on #5 again.

That moment after the last stage when Mills tells you you won the event.

That moment you realise you've had 6 pints now but you still have to do some dailies. Because reasons. And it's Poland. Wet. Rally GT. Of course it has to be the 911, because reasons.

That moment you realise you somehow made it to top tier even though you spent half of it backwards.

That moment you realise you made it to 2nd tier in an un-upgraded NR4 Subaru even though you spent half of the time conscious.

That moment you realise you made it to 2nd tier in the crosskart daily because... no idea why.

That moment you felt like God in the last daily with the Group A Subaru and you realise you finished in the middle.

Love this game \o/ but I wish they didn't force me to do online events while drunk!

Drunk rally games are best rally games... It's so rewarding to nail a section even though in reality, you just barely survived it

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, carpa said:

Drunk rally games are best rally games...

Do, do people actually drive sober? I couldn't even imagine trying to do my dailies without a few beers in me, only way to calm the nerves and get my head on straight!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Do, do people actually drive sober? I couldn't even imagine trying to do my dailies without a few beers in me, only way to calm the nerves and get my head on straight!

I prefer herbal remedies myself, but I fully agree with you about being intoxicated- otherwise I am shaking like a s**ting dog by the time the finish line rolls around.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Sometimes when I'm driving (always sober :classic_wink:) my mind wanders and I start thinking about totally-non-racing things, normally happens when I'm at complete ease with the car. At that point I'm essentially on "autopilot" until I hit a bad bump.

In Forza I've won Multiplayer races while on "autopilot", strange feeling when the race is over: "What just happened? oh, I won."

In DiRT Rally 2.0 I've had it a few times, normally ends badly 2km down the road :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Sometimes when I'm driving (always sober :classic_wink:) my mind wanders and I start thinking about totally-non-racing things, normally happens when I'm at complete ease with the car. At that point I'm essentially on "autopilot" until I hit a bad bump.

In Forza I've won Multiplayer races while on "autopilot", strange feeling when the race is over: "What just happened? oh, I won."

In DiRT Rally 2.0 I've had it a few times, normally ends badly 2km down the road :classic_laugh:

I know the exact feeling. You start a stage in Poland, then you realize you've been daydreaming of that Philly Cheesesteak you had the other week and how that would be so good right now and - oh **** is that a haybale? Did he say Chicane or around? Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Yeah I do that too, and usually I then drive better. So much so that I sometimes actively try to think of random other stuff. I believe the reason is that the subconscious just takes over, unhindered by my conscious mind that often unnecessarily corrects and brakes and stuff when paying attention.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, DocStrangelove said:

Yeah I do that too, and usually I then drive better. So much so that I sometimes actively try to think of random other stuff. I believe the reason is that the subconscious just takes over, unhindered by my conscious mind that often unnecessarily corrects and brakes and stuff when paying attention.

It's like when Senna got into that flow state at Monaco '88 :classic_wink:

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Yeah this normally happens in a normal car for me.

Except the crashing.

So far.

why after daylight savings time  daylies are  delayed 1 hour?

Posted (edited)

OFF Topic : can someone told me how Bogani has been able to have this onboard cam ?

I have this secret hope that this is not a PC Mod........ as I am on ps4 and a huge fan of this onboard cam.... :classic_biggrin:

Edited by JamesMcAdam

1 hour ago, teknoid85 said:

why after daylight savings time  daylies are  delayed 1 hour?

The events are not delayed, they occur at the same time.  You are in a different timezone now.

• Agree 1

Just now, CMMcBabe said:

The events are not delayed, they occur at the same time.  You are in a different timezone now.

before  events started at 11am  (italy)     now at 12am

can i ask you if the camera shaking setting  going to be improved? i've made a poll and 90%  voted for an improvement.  i think it's exagerated and  i get dizzy with those stages.   thanks 😉

3 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

They still happen at 1000 UTC, it's just that your country has changed time.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

They still happen at 1000 UTC, it's just that your country has changed time.

in uk there is no  time change???   didn't know it

45 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

The UK moved to BST over the weekend.

We in Italy moved to CEST during the weekend too... 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

can i ask you if the camera shaking setting  going to be improved? i've made a poll and 90%  voted for an improvement.  i think it's exagerated and  i get dizzy with those stages.   thanks 😉

Oh, you mean 9 out of 10 people voted for 'good camera shake' over 'bad camera shake'? :classic_tongue:

Edited by richie
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, richie said:

Oh, you mean 9 out of 10 people voted for 'good camera shake' over 'bad camera shake'? :classic_tongue:

i don't see the point of telling lies, as the only thing i want is to improve this exagerate shaking that cuase dizzyness and ruining argentina experinece

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

i don't see the point of telling lies, as the only thing i want is to improve this exagerate shaking that cuase dizzyness and ruining argentina experinece

Have you moved the slider to 'maximum shake'? I find camera shake ok. I'm in either current dash cam or cockpit view. If you watch some onboard footage you'll see how bad drivers get shaken while driving on the limit during a special stage. 

Edited by richie