Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, richie said:

Have you moved the slider to 'maximum shake'? I find camera shake ok. I'm in either current dash cam or cockpit view. If you watch some onboard footage you'll see how bad drivers get shaken while driving on the limit during a special stage. 

i have it to max and very soft springs and dampers, still way to much (dashcam)  

 

 

you see his head shaking for and backwards like a brainless zombie??? i didn't

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have previously said that the S14 Impreza WRC is one of my least favourite iterations of Impreza WRCar, but I just saw this on Facebook...

56518226_2085494074820247_86490478890471

56270036_2085494184820236_63878054480277

56622486_2085494528153535_26252073155313

55882283_2085494314820223_39774547433572

...I hope CM include a plain grey option when the car arrives in game: this looks properly mean!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Yes, it looks awesome in grey @tbtstt . Interesting they made it a right hand drive.

LHD conversion is mentioned in the advert: would think that would be more appealing for a buyer in Europe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter what color it is, I can't love that car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've grown to like that car, and I'm looking forward to it considerably more than the focus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

I've grown to like that car, and I'm looking forward to it considerably more than the focus.

Controversial! 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just think it sits well as a wildcard and as the years have passed it has become more attractive. Forward thinking design on Subarus part no doubt. Depending on livery it could be a smart looking thing. Still unsure how the 2 will compete with the Skoda and Citroen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

I just think it sits well as a wildcard and as the years have passed it has become more attractive. Forward thinking design on Subarus part no doubt. Depending on livery it could be a smart looking thing. Still unsure how the 2 will compete with the Skoda and Citroen.

hmm  if it's based on reality  c4 will remain the first choice, with focus on second place  and  fabia and  impreza on third place,imho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

I've grown to like that car, and I'm looking forward to it considerably more than the focus.

Ugh. I still find the Focus considerably more attractive. I find most cars more attractive to be honest, as far as looks go... Although it's a new car and it's a Subie, so it's still very interesting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine that with current WRC body kit regulations :classic_ohmy: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Subaru and Mitsubishi have hinted at a return so who knows

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

i don't see the point of telling lies, as the only thing i want is to improve this exagerate shaking that cuase dizzyness and ruining argentina experinece

Same here, can't play Argentina with interior cam, because I get dizzy. Australia can be bad too. Camera shake needs a fix, so we can set it to be a smoother experience.

Edited by Lollerke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 3:44 PM, PJTierney said:

Sometimes when I'm driving (always sober :classic_wink:) my mind wanders and I start thinking about totally-non-racing things, normally happens when I'm at complete ease with the car. At that point I'm essentially on "autopilot" until I hit a bad bump.

In Forza I've won Multiplayer races while on "autopilot", strange feeling when the race is over: "What just happened? oh, I won."

In DiRT Rally 2.0 I've had it a few times, normally ends badly 2km down the road :classic_laugh:

Somehow I just set a Top 10 (Xbox) on the Argentina Daily today, while autopiloting.

 

I should concentrate less often, that was the cleanest run I’ve ever had round there :classic_laugh:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Somehow I just set a Top 10 (Xbox) on the Argentina Daily today, while autopiloting.

 

I should concentrate less often, that was the cleanest run I’ve ever had round there :classic_laugh:

Nice! I think I should give this autopilot thing a go, I guess. How does this work, is there an app to download somewhere? 🤓 Completed my first daily (Monte Carlo R2) and DNF'ed straight away xD I think I fell off a cliff. 

I also did the Argentina run, a few mistakes here and there, but I like the whole daily thing as it requires a completely different approach. Also, I'm not sure, is it worth to upgrade prior to the start?

 

Edited by richie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Somehow I just set a Top 10 (Xbox) on the Argentina Daily today, while autopiloting.

See that is some risky **** right there. Last time I caught myself autopiloting on Argentina it didn't end well - completely missed the 5 Left tightens 1 call... cartwheels into an insta-DNF...

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, specially on the inland stage with those curbs like your in a multi storey car park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, richie said:

Also, I'm not sure, is it worth to upgrade prior to the start?

Engine upgrades are a good 20-30 second advantage depending on the Stage and Car.

You can still set good times with stock power but you need to nail every corner pretty much.

Tuning isn’t required though, for most of the cars the stock setups are safe.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Somehow I just set a Top 10 (Xbox) on the Argentina Daily today, while autopiloting.

 

I should concentrate less often, that was the cleanest run I’ve ever had round there :classic_laugh:

Hearing my cell beep with a message is instant fail for me. My mind wanders for that split second and I'm toast. Some amount of daydreaming is normally ok though 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Engine upgrades are a good 20-30 second advantage depending on the Stage and Car.

You can still set good times with stock power but you need to nail every corner pretty much.

Tuning isn’t required though, for most of the cars the stock setups are safe.

Oh, didn't realise it's that much of a difference. It wouldn't have helped me at Argentina anyways ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richie said:

Also, I'm not sure, is it worth to upgrade prior to the start?

I'll give you my experience in My Team for an example: Elite tier/H3 RWD class in the E30 with all part upgrades purchased from the get go (no engine tune, 100% Stock4Life)

Event 1 [T1 engine tune] | New Zealand - I was averaging around 3sec/Sprint faster than the AI in "my" car. A car I love and have probably 300+ hours in just between DR1 & 2.0. I knew NZ pretty well from some previous WR runs the discord had been doing.

Event 2 [T3 engine tune] | Australia - I was averaging around 10sec/Sprint faster than the AI with about the same location knowledge I had of NZ.

Event 3 [T5 engine tune] | New England - I was averaging around 15-20sec/Spring faster than the AI. Got the engine upgrade boost thanks to some daily/weekly planning to time it right with some extra cars in the garage 😉

---

TL;DR - Buy at least the 3rd and last upgrades, they are gamechangers.

I went from taking hairpins flatout in 3rd with T1 tune to taking the same hairpins in 2nd with tons of throttle play. The time just starts melting off once you upgrade. I really wish they would show you more than a slider bar for "performance" increase with the tune and instead include some hard numbers of BHP increase or something. *hint hint* @ChristinaMc *hint hint*

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

I'll give you my experience in My Team for an example: Elite tier/H3 RWD class in the E30 with all part upgrades purchased from the get go (no engine tune, 100% Stock4Life)

Event 1 [T1 engine tune] | New Zealand - I was averaging around 3sec/Sprint faster than the AI in "my" car. A car I love and have probably 300+ hours in just between DR1 & 2.0. I knew NZ pretty well from some previous WR runs the discord had been doing.

Event 2 [T3 engine tune] | Australia - I was averaging around 10sec/Sprint faster than the AI with about the same location knowledge I had of NZ.

Event 3 [T5 engine tune] | New England - I was averaging around 15-20sec/Spring faster than the AI. Got the engine upgrade boost thanks to some daily/weekly planning to time it right with some extra cars in the garage 😉

---

TL;DR - Buy at least the 3rd and last upgrades, they are gamechangers.

I went from taking hairpins flatout in 3rd with T1 tune to taking the same hairpins in 2nd with tons of throttle play. The time just starts melting off once you upgrade. I really wish they would show you more than a slider bar for "performance" increase with the tune and instead include some hard numbers of BHP increase or something. *hint hint* @ChristinaMc *hint hint*

I'll keep this in mind and just 'do my dailies' more often now ^^ There's tons of stuff to do. I had read on the upgrade screen that upgrading other parts like suspension would help with durability but I didn't read the text for the engine.  I thought the engine was 'rally ready' in terms of power. Anyways, thanks for your help, guys! 👌

Edited by richie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JamesMcAdam said:

OFF Topic : can someone told me how Bogani has been able to have this onboard cam ?

 

I have this secret hope that this is not a PC Mod........ as I am on ps4 and a huge fan of this onboard cam.... :classic_biggrin:

Sorry to disappoint you but it's a PC mod. :classic_mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

Forward thinking design on Subarus part no doubt. 

If that car had seen a few more seasons use (and development) then I think it might be viewed differently. 

It should definitely be on par with the Citroen and the Focus. It's results at the top level weren't great, but in the hands of privateers it's had some success (I am actually curious as to which of those three cars has had the best results post-WRC: I think it might be the Focus).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×