DiRTy Gossip Thread

10 minutes ago, Joe289 said:

I don't like tarmac, feels like car slides too easily even on dry, though would be very surprised if they change it.

if you set up your car correctly , it only slides if you exagerate......  👍

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)

I think highly popular Sébastien Loeb Rally has the best tarmac in a rally game (or maybe rbr modded but haven't tried for a while).

Edited by Joe289
  • Agree 4

Night Rally 2.0!

100% rally start in SS after 14-00! Its not real!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Joe289 said:

I think highly popular Sébastien Loeb Rally has the best tarmac in a rally game (or maybe rbr modded but haven't tried for a while).

Completely agree. Also, the way the tarmac stages were reproduced was spot on. The game had its problems, but it also had its moments.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, danielofifi said:

Completely agree. Also, the way the tarmac stages were reproduced was spot on. The game had its problems, but it also had its moments.

To be honest, that game was underestimated. It had some very good physics, maybe not as much of a sim as DiRT Rally (cars had weight though) but very believable. It had lots of stages and a good car list, but the quality wasn't on par with DiRT games. The bad reputation of the studio did the rest... 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, carpa said:

To be honest, that game was underestimated. It had some very good physics, maybe not as much of a sim as DiRT Rally (cars had weight though) but very believable. It had lots of stages and a good car list, but the quality wasn't on par with DiRT games. The bad reputation of the studio did the rest... 

Definitely underestimated. I'd say more of a sim than Dirt Rally 1 but of course it didn't have the look or sound. Probably didn't help that they took months to fix the PC problems.

Had it on PS4 for ages, then recently bought the PC version because it was under £3 on steam. Still play it but it falls between DR2.0 and RBR for physics, content and sound/graphics so I usually go for one of those.

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

if you set up your car correctly , it only slides if you exagerate......  👍

It still doesn't look or feel even remotely realistic, so please stop praising it. You don't even need to look at a replay for 5 seconds before seeing that something is seriously wrong.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Porkhammer said:

It still doesn't look or feel even remotely realistic, so please stop praising it. You don't even need to look at a replay for 5 seconds before seeing that something is seriously wrong.

With all due respect how it looks is of moot point because the graphics engines and physics engines in games don't always align. Its easy to praise something that is a marked improvement on the previous effort.

Also, can people not compare 'modded' RBR when talking about stages and physics. Literally means nothing to a majority of people playing literally any rally game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, magpieracer48 said:

With all due respect how it looks is of moot point because the graphics engines and physics engines in games don't always align. Its easy to praise something that is a marked improvement on the previous effort.

Also, can people not compare 'modded' RBR when talking about stages and physics. Literally means nothing to a majority of people playing literally any rally game.

No, it's not moot because it looked 95,000% better in DR1 before they ruined it.

And who mentioned RBR?

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Porkhammer said:

No, it's not moot because it looked 95,000% better in DR1 before they ruined it.

And who mentioned RBR?

Not taking sides here, but I remember you hated the tarmac in DR1. Or was that before handling 2.0 or whatever name they used for the big handling update?

48 minutes ago, Porkhammer said:

And who mentioned RBR?

I only really know how it drove, not a replay kinda guy. 

Rbr wasn't aimed at you, few posts above it was mentioned in modded form and it crops up a lot. 

1 hour ago, chukonu said:

Not taking sides here, but I remember you hated the tarmac in DR1. Or was that before handling 2.0 or whatever name they used for the big handling update?

Yes, this was V1 handling. The cars had a little too much grip but the movement was extremely good.

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2019 at 9:37 PM, FLAW3D said:

The road looks so wide compared to in game... is that due to Codies using a really narrow FOV? Or have they just made the game track to narrow?

Default cockpit FoV in DR2.0 is set at a fish-eye angle, ie wider than normal. So the road looks narrower than it actually is. Look at Spain, how can a two-lane road look narrower than the car, including both sides of the road!

Edited by Jake Cushing

45 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

Default cockpit FoV in DR2.0 is set at a fish-eye angle, ie wider than normal. So the road looks narrower than it actually is. Look at Spain, how can a two-lane road look narrower than the car, including both sides of the road!

Default FoV is the same in DR2 as it was in DR and D4. 

4 hours ago, magpieracer48 said:

To me it feels exactly as wonky as it looks. Some cars are worse than others and some stages doesn't feel as bad. 

In general fast downhill stages with lots of camber behaves the worst. Yesterday's daily in Spain with the 2000's, the Skoda felt atrocious to drive. The rear end is all over the place like a trolley even when it should stick to the road and follow the front track. It makes the steering feel off and like the car isn't reacting to the steering input of the front wheels. 

I'm expecting Germany to feel better since the roads are more flat but all in all it's just so frustrating that tarmac is this bad when the loose surfaces feels fantastic. I'm not expecting it to feel as sophisticated as ACC or RF2 but it really shouldn't have to be this bad 😕

• Agree 4

21 minutes ago, bogani said:

Default FoV is the same in DR2 as it was in DR and D4. 

Its clearly not the same as DR! 2.0 its a much wider FOV.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Its clearly not the same as DR! 2.0 its a much wider FOV.

Default in DR was 0.6 which equalled 55. The default in DR2 is 55 as well, confirmed by the devs. 

The fact that the camera is on top of the dash will lure you to believe things are different in your comparisons. The road itself seems to be about the same width. 

• Like 1

That’s one way to celebrate a Weekly AI Challenge win :classic_tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

That's a dynamic stack PJ.

Here's how I stuffed a nice run in the RS200. Gotta love the way compression lock ups are represented, even if it sends me off more than anything else. As in real life I find sometimes it's important to accelerate out of trouble, rather than liftoff or brake. Helps to get the braking done earlier too.:classic_biggrin:

https://youtu.be/5nDyTkqcyc8

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2019 at 4:33 AM, dgeesi0 said:

has anyone got any footage of the modded cams in dirt rally 2.0 would love to see some of the views thanks! :classic_biggrin:

I was able to test the OG dash cam in 2.0 with the Group A Impreza. I absolutely love it!! Haven't tried all the cars but the ones I tried were fantastic with the exception of the Group A Evo that had the windshield partly cut off at the top, but no biggie. I highly recommend the cars.zip found over in the 'camera shake solved' thread.

If you're curious how the orignal dash cam looks in Dirt Rally 2.0, here it is on thr Group A Impreza - Imgur.jpg

Edited by wmbishop
typo

On 4/6/2019 at 3:25 PM, Ha3aP said:

Night Rally 2.0!

100% rally start in SS after 14-00! Its not real!

fully agree. And I think the second flood is coming beasue more than 50% of stages are with rain/wet all of the time, all countries, all challanges, career rally included.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I'm one of the few people who enjoy wet stages, but even I think it's excessive. Daily events feel like they're wet 60-70% of the time. I haven't actually counted so that may be my mind playing tricks on me, but it certainly feels over the top.

What I enjoy much less is stages with bad sight. Two days ago I did the dailies and 3 of 4 were with bad sight, one night/wet in Group B, one Supercar RX wet with blinding sun/clouds, one H3 RWD wet in USA with the clouds blinding so much that I had to drive at half speed because I literally couldn't see further than 5 metres. Started the NZ weekly then, first two stages were dawn/dusk with the sun shining right in my face, third one was night again obviously. That was 6 stages in a row with sight conditions ranging from bad to none. Too much.

Edited by DocStrangelove
  • Agree 4