DiRTy Gossip Thread

The dlc liveries are quite plain like most of the fictive liveries, a bit disappointing. Any chance we will get IRL liveries in another pack ?

Or something like the livery editor from Dirt 4 ? it added a bit of depth to the career mode.

Also the manta is very quiet can't really hear it over the codriver calls, wonder if it is the same for everyone ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Accro2008 said:

The dlc liveries are quite plain like most of the fictive liveries, a bit disappointing. Any chance we will get IRL liveries in another pack ?

Or something like the livery editor from Dirt 4 ? it added a bit of depth to the career mode.

Also the manta is very quiet can't really hear it over the codriver calls, wonder if it is the same for everyone ?

IRL are always difficult because of extra licensing. You should check this thread out:

There are already plenty of liveries out, including some Martini and Marlboro ones, and others. This is your best shot at getting irl liveries.

There may be others in racedepartment as well.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Riggs said:

IRL are always difficult because of extra licensing. You should check this thread out:

There are already plenty of liveries out, including some Martini and Marlboro ones, and others. This is your best shot at getting irl liveries.

There may be others in racedepartment as well.

I know about skins, i did a bunch of them back into Dirt Rally 1 :

160328082445674698.png

Sadly not everyone is on pc and has access to modding.

Also if they managed to license a livery editor in Dirt 4, I wonder why would it be that difficult to bring it back into DR 2.0 ? I also get that there will always be issues with some manufacturers like Audi concerning fictive liveries.

• Like 1

Are there any plans to overhaul the Shop-System in the Career ? Having to wait hours because the car you ACTUALLY want to drive in the Career isn´t available is pretty frustrating; and then it´s not even guaranteed that the car is available with the next reset in the first place. I´m still a bit baffled that this was considered a good idea.

• Like 1

Yea I think all cars should be available 'new', and only the used cars should rotate availability.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Civarello said:

Are there any plans to overhaul the Shop-System in the Career ? Having to wait hours because the car you ACTUALLY want to drive in the Career isn´t available is pretty frustrating; and then it´s not even guaranteed that the car is available with the next reset in the first place. I´m still a bit baffled that this was considered a good idea.

I've said it before, but the shop system could be cool and useful. Like how about all of the used cars have a chance to come with certain upgrades already purchased. So maybe you can buy a new R5 100% stock, or you can buy a slightly cheaper used R5 that is beat to hell and needs bodywork & suspension fixes, but also has the upgraded gearbox and drivetrain. Now all of a sudden you have a reason to consider used cars.

Or maybe you've already got an RS200 in the garage, but a different one shows up in rotation - with a T3 engine upgrade already fitted. It will cost maybe $50k more than what you spent on the car already in your garage, but for a free T3 upgrade? Sign me up!

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Like 3
  • Agree 6

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DocStrangelove said:

I'm one of the few people who enjoy wet stages, but even I think it's excessive. Daily events feel like they're wet 60-70% of the time. I haven't actually counted so that may be my mind playing tricks on me, but it certainly feels over the top.

What I enjoy much less is stages with bad sight. Two days ago I did the dailies and 3 of 4 were with bad sight, one night/wet in Group B, one Supercar RX wet with blinding sun/clouds, one H3 RWD wet in USA with the clouds blinding so much that I had to drive at half speed because I literally couldn't see further than 5 metres. Started the NZ weekly then, first two stages were dawn/dusk with the sun shining right in my face, third one was night again obviously. That was 6 stages in a row with sight conditions ranging from bad to none. Too much.

I actually feel the same way and I started doing dailies a few days ago. I think this happens because game studios want to showcase their weather and lighting effects. In Project CARS 2 if you set weather to random most of the time it'll be rain or fog or thunderstorm or all together ^^  

Edited by richie

Makes me dream of the day dirt rally can have a weather system akin to pc2

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rallystu2 said:

Makes me dream of the day dirt rally can have a weather system akin to pc2

That would be incredible. It would bring stage degradation to a whole new level, and we could see wheather changing during the course of the stage... It would probably be very demanding for the engine and hardware though, so I guess it's something for the future/next gen. Longer stages area priority over this. 

Also, in some ways I think DR2 did a step back to D4 in this aspect. In D4 you could choose any time of day with any weather condition, and there were plenty to choose from. It felt really immersive to see all those different combinations 

• Like 1

Today I started the clubman RX championship after a long break of doing any RX events. Silverstone, UK first and guess what - heavy rain. Thats OK I tought, one can expect a little rain there and more. And it just rained all 6 races long. Next round, Höljes. And it was the ******* heavy rain again all 6 races... I was like doing all 4 events in one go but seriously it just wasn't fun anymore... 😞

2 hours ago, richie said:

I actually feel the same way and I started doing dailies a few days ago. I think this happens because game studios want to showcase their weather and lighting effects. In Project CARS 2 if you set weather to random most of the time it'll be rain or fog or thunderstorm or all together ^^  

Well... if it is random than it would randomly select a weather type, and most of the types are "bad weather" so you'd have a higher chance of getting bad weather. If there's sunny, cloudy, foggy, rainy, thunderstorm, 3/5 of the options are bad weather.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Well... if it is random than it would randomly select a weather type, and most of the types are "bad weather" so you'd have a higher chance of getting bad weather. If there's sunny, cloudy, foggy, rainy, thunderstorm, 3/5 of the options are bad weather.

Yeah I get that but there are 5 'dry' weather conditions (clear, light cloud, cloud, heavy cloud, overcast) and like 6 wet conditions (light rain, rain, heavy rain, storm, thunderstorm, fog + rain and heavy fog + rain) and most of the time you really get one of the wet weather conditions. 

Edited by richie

DiRT 4 already had all this weather stuff. Not sure why it didn't just return to DR2.

They should also bring back YourStage as an addition to the 'bespoke' stages.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, chukonu said:

DiRT 4 already had all this weather stuff. Not sure why it didn't just return to DR2.

They should also bring back YourStage as an addition to the 'bespoke' stages.

100x this for weather. D4 was super underrated for this. the big patches of fog that went from being able to see a couple of turns to barely seeing 20m in front was GREAT (no sarcasm lol)

the your stage thing would probably only work for the locations from D4. I'd be fine with that though. more variety is gooood

6 hours ago, Balazsryche said:

Today I started the clubman RX championship after a long break of doing any RX events. Silverstone, UK first and guess what - heavy rain. Thats OK I tought, one can expect a little rain there and more. And it just rained all 6 races long. Next round, Höljes. And it was the ******* heavy rain again all 6 races... I was like doing all 4 events in one go but seriously it just wasn't fun anymore... 😞

ok, this is because you probably finished the open RX championship before they patched the weather/times of day in career and community/ai events to make it less dark and wet. I think this was patch 1.2. the game sets the next championship when you finish the previous one, so as soon as you finished the open, the game used its parameters to create a nice rain-soaked championship. the next one should have a higher ratio of dry events.

I just did the open RX championship today for the first time, and all 3 were in the rain (not fun at all, agreed). I checked the clubman one after completing it, and sure enough, 3 out of 4 events were completely dry.

same goes for the rally career.

they have actually tweaked this, people just aren't noticing because they're doing the monthly events which have been up since the patch or they're going back to career after a long time like you.

The BMW M1 pro car and the Opel Manta have arrived. 

M1 is quite a handfull. The Manta is the slugish beast as you know it from DR1. But now up to DR2.0 standards.

Love it! Thank you Codemasters!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Accro2008 said:

Yep, the Manta engine sound is quite weak at the moment. You hardly get an impression there is an engine in there at the front.. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

(PS4)

The headlights do not come out on the M1 .....

Edited by GregPit81

I know that I am tormenting you with this discourse but I see myself badly or the game on consoles with less power than on x is blurred:classic_unsure:

2 hours ago, MarcoMaas said:

The BMW M1 pro car and the Opel Manta have arrived. 

M1 is quite a handfull. The Manta is the slugish beast as you know it from DR1. But now up to DR2.0 standards.

Love it! Thank you Codemasters!

go argentina and say the manta is slugish it will beat the m1 if you drive it fast. it handles far better than the m1. just not as fast on open stuff.

• Like 1

@soundfx

Opel Manta 400 engine sound is too low, need to be way louder ( Steam PC and using hood/bonnet cam )

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

go argentina and say the manta is slugish it will beat the m1 if you drive it fast. it handles far better than the m1. just not as fast on open stuff.

well the M1 was more of a tarmac focussed car in real life, the manta felt more at home on gravel.

2 hours ago, ALF said:

@soundfx

Opel Manta 400 engine sound is too low, need to be way louder ( Steam PC and using hood/bonnet cam )

As Manta GT/E owner, i am not 100% sure, but i think they use different sound in DR2, i can say the sound is changed from DR1, its more like regular GTE 8v engine sound , than 2.4 16v sound.. it miss the recognisable (high Rev) pitched  Growl

On 4/8/2019 at 2:58 PM, teknoid85 said:

bmw m1 and opel manta are in game!!!

I'm loving the Manta. Really chuckable and it sounds great. Don't know what the issue is.

Loving the Manta, the easiest RWD car for me so far, done a few of the NZ stages and I was doing some glorious power slides out of the corners! 

• Like 2