DiRTy Gossip Thread

Posted (edited)

seems like some people missed some stuff posted earlier in this thread.

for one, the 2001 Impreza is confirmed to be coming, and there's a screenshot of it in game. 

second, someone pointed this out (picture below; and sorry I forget who it was): https://steamdb.info/app/690790/depots/

according to that schedule (and subject to change I'm sure) there will be a Season 3.

if you look closely, 1.7 and 1.10 DLC have two locations each. that looks like two RX tracks being released at a time.

so assuming it's the same schedule as Season 1 with a location release every month, Season 2 would be 2 rally locations (June, July) and then the 2 RX ones (August). and Season 3 would be the same for Sept-Oct-Nov.

then there is one more location, 1.11

assuming 1.11 is a rally location, it looks like we'd get the 3 other DR1 locations and two new ones.

I realise this is all speculation, but this is a gossip thread, so **** it. I'm excited already

Untitled.thumb.jpg.138572a6c072aea7c4b7d088ef1c7e6c.jpg

Edited by ianism
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I've seen that and I sincerely hope what you're speculating is true. What I'm more worried about, is the current buglist of the game and certain parts of the game that need tweaking. I hope someday I'll be able to set up a PDF with some suggestions.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, paint21 said:

Also did the R5 cars have proper Anti-Lag when redlining at the start before ? because atleast the 208 and Fiesta do have.

Anti-lag used only when you release the gas pedal to keep turbo pressure alive - Dirt Rally 2.0 physics does not use them at all
That sound what you hear may the launch control or simple programmed ignition misfire to keep the engine below the peak of its max RPM

I'll ask again: 

I've not tried it yet, but does Sweden have weather with falling snow? All the clips on YouTube seem to be bright day time or evening.

I already hate that sound, when the car slides on the snow.
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

I'll ask again: 

I've not tried it yet, but does Sweden have weather with falling snow? All the clips on YouTube seem to be bright day time or evening.

Ya don't worry it does, options are

• daytime-cloudy
  • daytime-heavy snow
  • sunset-partly cloudy
  • sunset-heavy snow
  • dusk-cloudy
  • night-cloudy
  • night-heavy snow

I've only done the daily/weekly events so far (both are Group B RWD o.O) it's super good, but it would be nice to have clear skies for once hah

imo heavy snow looks better than the light snow in MC, but it's still not great. also, note that there aren't any other options. really hope they bring some more (light snow, medium snow, fog, light fog) like in D4

also more times of day. 4 just doesn't cut it.

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, J89 said:

And those snowbanks are ridiculous. Bank is too hard, the car just bounces out of them.

how fast are you driving into them, exactly? because they are actually pretty forgiving as long as you don't go straight into them.

the most difficult thing about them that I've found is that they can suck the front of the car in and spin you if you are cutting a corner a little close (or just suck like me haha).

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Just finished the daily with the M1 and, man, Codies did an amazing job. They absolutely nailed it. Touching the snow bank slightly won't let you spin out. However, if you hit them at a wrong angle they can stop your car, just like IRL. I think this is a vast improvement to DR in almost every aspect. Almost every aspect because lighting is a bit too bright. Entering heaven must look like this :classic_laugh: Not too bad but it's clearly a bit too bright in some spots. 

All in all, it's an awesome experience! Wow :classic_love: 

Edited by richie
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, ianism said:

how fast are you driving into them, exactly? because they are actually pretty forgiving as long as you don't go straight into them.

the most difficult thing about them that I've found is that they can suck the front of the car in and spin you if you are cutting a corner a little close (or just suck like me haha).

That's supposed to happen, as it does irl.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Loving Sweden so far. Yes I 've been on my roof, depends how fast you nosedive into the snowbanks. They're not all going to be soft and powdery. You wouldn't expect a snowman to just crumble (like in Forza Horizon 4 - Winter season) Great visuals. Impressed.

Edited by cafe5150
  • Agree 3

I’m back, haven’t really posted on here in a little while. Really enjoying Sweden, much more forgiving when you touch a snow bank with the front end.

Also, I posted a while ago to say I was doing the Clacton Rally in a Talbot Sunbeam. Unfortunately it won’t be ready for the rally so we are back in the trusty MG!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Why surface sound should not be set to 0?

Edited by J89

Posted (edited)

why are people complaining about Sweden being too bright? you do know snow is white, right? white reflects light a lot.

ever been on a frozen lake on a sunny day? it's brighter than the desert in the middle of summer. the only (natural) place I've been that is even close to being as bright is the Salar de Uyuni, which is a salt flat (the biggest and highest in the world)... almost as perfectly white as (clean) snow.

I find it amusing that there isn't even an option in the game to drive Sweden with clear skies in the daytime (such a shame... I desperately want more times of day and weather options). that should be quite a bit brighter than anything available currently.

EDIT:

@J89 I see you downvoting my post for no reason. did you ever get video of the improvement in grip that was bothering you and only you? or did CM fix it for you personally?

Edited by ianism
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

to me it seems ther is a LOT of grip compared to dr1..........   don't understand the complains.   i adore sweden now,  i disliked it in dr1............

5 hours ago, ianism said:

seems like some people missed some stuff posted earlier in this thread.

for one, the 2001 Impreza is confirmed to be coming, and there's a screenshot of it in game. 

second, someone pointed this out (picture below; and sorry I forget who it was): https://steamdb.info/app/690790/depots/

according to that schedule (and subject to change I'm sure) there will be a Season 3.

if you look closely, 1.7 and 1.10 DLC have two locations each. that looks like two RX tracks being released at a time.

so assuming it's the same schedule as Season 1 with a location release every month, Season 2 would be 2 rally locations (June, July) and then the 2 RX ones (August). and Season 3 would be the same for Sept-Oct-Nov.

then there is one more location, 1.11

assuming 1.11 is a rally location, it looks like we'd get the 3 other DR1 locations and two new ones.

I realise this is all speculation, but this is a gossip thread, so **** it. I'm excited already

Untitled.thumb.jpg.138572a6c072aea7c4b7d088ef1c7e6c.jpg

so, probably  5 rally locations (with the tree remaining from dr1-greece finland wales) and 2 new 😛

and the remaining 4 missing rx tracks............

sounds good to me, if they add the 2018 wrc car class i have my rallyheaven 😍

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

e.

Edited by J89
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

to me it seems ther is a LOT of grip compared to dr1..........   don't understand the complains.   i adore sweden now,  i disliked it in dr1............

I did not compare the traction to dr1. If those tires would work as they should then there would be LOT of grip. 

Anyone know why Christina's Twitter account is gone? Even the cached Google copy throws a 404.

I see Jenny posting but nothing from Christina for a while, then I see the missing Twitter profile, and I go "hmmm"...

6 minutes ago, Pfei said:

Anyone know why Christina's Twitter account is gone? Even the cached Google copy throws a 404.

I see Jenny posting but nothing from Christina for a while, then I see the missing Twitter profile, and I go "hmmm"...

She commented on this forum a couple hours ago so it can't be too bad!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chukonu said:

She commented on this forum a couple hours ago so it can't be too bad!

maybe getting too much hate from users with high expectations for DR2?

a few hours ago she also liked my post in this thread with the screenshot from steamdb speculating about DLC locations <insert modest face>

• Haha 2

Just done the daily AI challenge - Poland. 10mile stage really fast and flowing in the Evo 6. Graphics seemed sharper than before on standard Xbox.  Still came 400th or thereabouts. 😕

Posted (edited)

I'm having strange issue atm with the game(maybe). I use dogleg shift pattern, so 5th gear is where 6th should be, and since last night it's sometimes difficult to get the car in 5th gear. Or at least to keep it in 5th gear. I shift into 5th and half a second later it goes to neutral with awful grinding noise. Sometimes it just makes the noise, but keeps it in gear. Or stays in gear some time, starts to keep the noise and then pops it back to neutral.

Did I just all the sudden forgot how to drive a manual or are my shifter going bad? or is this some sort of new fancy feature in game? And this only happens on 5th gear, all the other gears are fine. And this happens way too often. 

Edit: I should also mention that the transmission sounds like it's full of crickets more often.

Edited by Murikka

1 minute ago, Chewy21398 said:

Would like to see the ds3 and 2010 fiesta with real wrc sound 

Ahh, if only they were WRC cars.... but they're not, so you have the real R5 sounds for them instead.

• Agree 1