Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, J89 said:

Why surface sound should not be set to 0? 

Those voices are so bad, i don't want to hear them.

I feel bad for you if you hear voices in the surface sounds man, I really do. 

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pfei said:

Anyone know why Christina's Twitter account is gone? Even the cached Google copy throws a 404.

I see Jenny posting but nothing from Christina for a while, then I see the missing Twitter profile, and I go "hmmm"...

Still there afaik? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She went on holiday for a couple of weeks but as people have noticed, she's back now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Murikka said:

I did not compare the traction to dr1. If those tires would work as they should then there would be LOT of grip. 

There are sooooo many factors to the grip levels on ice and snow. Dependant on era, road conditions etc etc. 

There is lots of grip, the grip is just different compared to other surfaces. See the clip below, there are lots of grip, but lots of wheel slip as well. 

If I have to complain about something it is that Sweden in these games are just too bumpy. IRL Swedish roads are really flowing. The bumpiness kinda ruin that at times. 

Edited by bogani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cafe5150 said:

Just done the daily AI challenge - Poland. 10mile stage really fast and flowing in the Evo 6. Graphics seemed sharper than before on standard Xbox.  Still came 400th or thereabouts. 😕

400th on the AI challenge? Sounds like you could use a little practice

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad I had a tinker with Dirt Rally 2.0, Dirt Rally, Dirt 4, Dirt 3 and Dirt Showdown last night, as I got some mud this morning doing no more than 15mph and ended up having to use my rally skills to counter-steer back into line!

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bogani said:

Still there afaik? 

I've been on holiday - and I'm definitely still on Twitter. 😉 Back now though - just going over the reams of emails and forums pages! 

  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 holidays in as many months?! I’m pretty jealous, not gonna lie. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, bogani said:

I feel bad for you if you hear voices in the surface sounds man, I really do. 

Well, why can't it be set to 0? For some reason the smallest value of 50. Some Codemasters stuff again?

Edited by J89
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

today something strange happened:

daily AI from yesterday (with H3) was missing from rewards..............   no leaderboard and no money...........

 

@ChristinaMc  any hints?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bogani said:

There are sooooo many factors to the grip levels on ice and snow. Dependant on era, road conditions etc etc. 

There is lots of grip, the grip is just different compared to other surfaces. See the clip below, there are lots of grip, but lots of wheel slip as well. 

If I have to complain about something it is that Sweden in these games are just too bumpy. IRL Swedish roads are really flowing. The bumpiness kinda ruin that at times. 

Try mk2 Escort in Sweden and you know what I mean, if you have any experience with studded rally tires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Murikka said:

Try mk2 Escort in Sweden and you know what I mean, if you have any experience with studded rally tires.

you starting to convince me, yesterday i did the weekly B rwd in sweden and effectively there is not much grip, even if you are gently with the throttle.  a bit more grip would be correct

Edited by teknoid85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's about right personally. I like it anyway. Wouldn't mind more ffb though. Something a little closer to a gravel event.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rallystu2 said:

I think it's about right personally. I like it anyway. Wouldn't mind more ffb though. Something a little closer to a gravel event.

The traction should be closer to a gravel event. :classic_laugh: Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but i'm not trying to tell how I think the grip works with those tires, I know how much grip those type of studded tires have. I haven't driven a car with those types of tires, but I have been in a car with studded rally tires. In a historic rally mk2 Escort ( my friend didn't let me drive it as it's his baby) and in 242 ice track racing volvo, which I had opportunity to drive but I had my right hand in sling and couldn't use shifter, so I had to just sit in passenger seat and enjoy the ride. The amount of grip is mind-boggling.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch from 3:00 and listen to McRae.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's not forget we have 3 different types of surface at Sweden. The daily in the M1 was on snow/ice, traction was really good and handling was awesome. Things get a bit more slippery when driving on slush, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Murikka said:

The traction should be closer to a gravel event. :classic_laugh: Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but i'm not trying to tell how I think the grip works with those tires, I know how much grip those type of studded tires have. I haven't driven a car with those types of tires, but I have been in a car with studded rally tires. In a historic rally mk2 Escort ( my friend didn't let me drive it as it's his baby) and in 242 ice track racing volvo, which I had opportunity to drive but I had my right hand in sling and couldn't use shifter, so I had to just sit in passenger seat and enjoy the ride. The amount of grip is mind-boggling.

it's to say that in a 4wd car  i feels a lot more right in game then  rwd cars in game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Ahh, if only they were WRC cars.... but they're not, so you have the real R5 sounds for them instead.

If there is more wrc/ 2000 cars coming which was hinted at on jons Instagram might have a chance with the fiesta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Chewy21398 said:

If there is more wrc/ 2000 cars coming which was hinted at on jons Instagram might have a chance with the fiesta

I'm afraid not, the 2010 car was the start of the new regulations (2011), it also wouldn't fit with the 2000's class.  We will be getting more 2000's WRC cars though, in fact we're getting two more in a couple of weeks.

Edited by F2CMaDMaXX
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I'm afraid not, the 2010 car was the start of the new regulations (2011), it also wouldn't fit with the 2000's class.  We will be getting more 2000's WRC cars though, in fact we're getting two more in a couple of weeks.

Those are in the end of the 2000s though. Was expecting to get some early 2000s cars. Everyone "knows" the Focus 2001 and Impreza 2001 are coming sooner or later, but it'd be a load of fresh air to see new ones come with them like the 2001's 206 and the 2001 Xsara, to keep things balanced among these cars, because 2003 onwards the Xsara is a lot stronger and the 2001 version already has the WRC facelift.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, he's talking about getting the 2011 homologation cars, not the 2000's cars we're all getting.  I wouldn't bet against other cars coming in the 2000's class either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DocStrangelove said:

400th on the AI challenge? Sounds like you could use a little practice

Yes well you see. I'm not as hardcore as the rest of you and I'm on an Xbox controller. But I still love the game. Came 80 something on another challenge tho.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, cafe5150 said:

Yes well you see. I'm not as hardcore as the rest of you and I'm on an Xbox controller. But I still love the game. Came 80 something on another challenge tho.

I didn't mean to offend or anything. I was being ironic because I think you confused AI challenge with community challenge, as the last place on AI challenge is 30.

(edit: I'm not hardcore either, I play with PS4 controller and I don't hope to ever reach alien times)

Edited by DocStrangelove

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DocStrangelove said:

I didn't mean to offend or anything. I was being ironic because I think you confused AI challenge with community challenge, as the last place on AI challenge is 30.

(edit: I'm not hardcore either, I play with PS4 controller and I don't hope to ever reach alien times)

No offence taken at all, I know I'll never get close to the best times, but I'll enjoy trying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×