DiRTy Gossip Thread

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

I have only used a wheel three times and I was nowhere near my controller times. Sure that would change with a bit (OK a lot) of practise. 

It took me a good few weeks when I got my wheel to feel comfortable with it and get back to the pace I had with a controller.

1 hour ago, Rallystu2 said:

Hey, I think @PJTierney has some controller setup ideas that can make it feel better and more natural. 

Sensitivity 100

Linearity 4 (3 is safer)

Deadzone as close to zero as your controller allows without getting stick drift.

Everything else 0 or 100

Video with explanation of each setting:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

I'm the total opposite, much faster with a pad

One of the guys was using a pad on the lan party instead of a wheel and he managed to pull faster stage times than us.

But then he crashed and went back to the bottom line

😄 

• Haha 1

personally i try with controller and i don 't need setup for pad  , is easy with default setup 

Posted (edited)

Even with a wheel, the default setup is useful in some rallies with the R5, with minor adjustments to the gearbox. At least that's what I found out with the Mitsubishi.

Example: Australia and Poland.

Edited by Riggs

I have set a few world records with a gamepad. It does seem easier to me, and it sure is convenient not having to set up my wheel + pedals + shifter/handbrake when I want to play... but nothing beats the immersion.

• Agree 1

Riggs personally with the steering wheel I play at 1080 degrees, I do not change the steering wheel settings, if I want the car is more responsive or more stable , I change car settings  (  now for 1080 degree i put "saturation de pilotage" in 90 %)

Posted (edited)

I was talking about car setup. The only setting I changed on my wheel was the turning degrees to 540, which I believe it is close to what it is used in WRC. I find 1080 way too much work.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, gk9147 said:

Riggs personally with the steering wheel I play at 1080 degrees, I do not change the steering wheel settings, if I want the car is more responsive or more stable , I change car settings  (  now for 1080 degree i put "saturation de pilotage" in 90 %)

6 minutes ago, Riggs said:

I was talking about car setup. The only setting I changed on my wheel was the turning degrees to 540, which I believe it is close to what it is used in WRC. I find 1080 way too much work.

feels like this to me :

giphy.gif

😂😂😂

way to much for me, i use only 360°

p.s:  i think  wrc driver  setup  things like this to personal liking

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

feels like this to me :

giphy.gif

😂😂😂

way to much for me, i use only 360°

p.s:  i think  wrc driver  setup  things like this to personal liking

The only time I'd want a DD wheel on free rotation would be for something like Sea of Thieves lol

• Agree 2

I use 900°, but I have soft lock on. I rarely even need to turn the wheel to full lock.

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Sensitivity 100

Linearity 4 (3 is safer)

Deadzone as close to zero as your controller allows without getting stick drift.

Everything else 0 or 100

Video with explanation of each setting:

Ugh, fine I'll fiddle with it.

2 hours ago, ShodanCat said:

I have set a few world records with a gamepad. It does seem easier to me, and it sure is convenient not having to set up my wheel + pedals + shifter/handbrake when I want to play... but nothing beats the immersion.

I just don't like doing 95 mph down Australia and having almost zero feedback. Kinda the same with Argentina, but you don't go quite as fast. Also the setting up of everything and making my desk useless when I want to do literally anything else.

2 hours ago, gk9147 said:

Your steering ratio is too high. All the cars in game have the real lock to lock rotation on them, and there's a reason most wheels do 900. You can tell when you turn that when you're at 90, the wheel in game is only like 70.

• Agree 1

OMG look at this you all pad simracers.  This physic is so unrealistic not that good like in dirt 2.  Take your pad and show on YouTube how it should be done 

20 minutes ago, tea3k said:

OMG look at this you all pad simracers.  This physic is so unrealistic not that good like in dirt 2.  Take your pad and show on YouTube how it should be done 

0C0E026B-75EB-40EA-A147-D8C6328D9794.thumb.jpeg.2b112766eeeb271ca94a9a9f9ea15783.jpeg

I think I’m doing alright with a pad, easily Top Tier in any Daily Challenge 🙂

Admittedly the Steam players and the Time Trialers are quicker, but it is possible to be quick with a pad.

Ultimately though pace is only one part of the puzzle. If you’re having more fun with a wheel, use a wheel. Unless you’re in a “play to win” scenario where you must use every legal advantage/setting possible to succeed (esports) the peripheral choice isn’t all that important; pick what you enjoy and don’t worry about what everybody else is using. Just enjoy the driving experience in your own way 🙂 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tea3k said:

Our Argentina in game looks nothing like that does it?  Plenty of colour but all we got is BEIGE BIEGE BIEGE? Although i could be wrong here as i despise Argentina and very rarely play it. 

2019-05-01 (3).png

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Ultimately though pace is only one part of the puzzle. If you’re having more fun with a wheel, use a wheel. Unless you’re in a “play to win” scenario where you must use every legal advantage/setting possible to succeed (esports) the peripheral choice isn’t all that important; pick what you enjoy and don’t worry about what everybody else is using. Just enjoy the driving experience in your own way 🙂 

BuT hOw CaN i HaVe FuN iF i'M nOt WiNnInG????

• Haha 4

Maybe not everyone try to be first  on event.  Maybe it's about of joy and close to real life experience.  This physics is not even close to real. 

On 4/28/2019 at 12:02 PM, teknoid85 said:

i guess he ìs driving in granny-mode, that's the only  plausible explanation

I guess it's not that menacing if one only drives the Citroen DS

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2019 at 11:31 AM, teknoid85 said:

sure it nees some application on the start, but once you started  you will never go back,guaranteed!  😂

Well I can't confirm that. Played DR1 with wheel for over 300 hours and now I play DR2 with controller exclusively, I'm not that hardcore anymore. Just can't be arsed to set up all that rubbish in front of the TV again, throwing the wheel around etc., I rarely have the energy so I enjoy a few more casual rounds with my DS4 that are less exhausting.

If that makes me a little slower, then so be it. I'll rather have just some fun and be quite happy to make it to the top 2-3% in a few dailies than squeezing out the last half second where I'll never be able to compete with the aliens anyway. Actually, thanks to DR2's split leaderboards (where time trial leaderboards don't include any run ever done in any game mode) I'm still setting some (temporary) WRs where the aliens haven't yet ruined any chance of doing so. In DR1, I think #12 was the best I ever did in a single stage with my wheel.

So I know I'm not the best driver in the world but apparently I'm still not that bad with controller. That's enough for me, and I enjoy my semi-casual runs and in the end enjoyment is all that really counts.

Edited by DocStrangelove
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DocStrangelove said:

I guess it's not that menacing if one only drives the Citroen DS

That boat is a great cure for insomnia, especially when you do 64km at Monte Carlo.

20 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

That boat is a great cure for insomnia, especially when you do 64km at Monte Carlo.

It actually was almost 70km :classic_laugh: 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

The DS is a fun super-relaxing drive, but it takes a whole weekend to finish one sprint stage. Bah.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DocStrangelove said:

The DS is a fun super-relaxing drive, but it takes a whole weekend to finish one sprint stage. Bah.

130HP with 1230kg

mini:  100hp with 670kg......................  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1