DiRTy Gossip Thread

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Pistro said:

I'm currently on my way to winning masters in R5 class. It's my fourth try though so it was very challenging and it's possible only because I basically memorised all the stages at this point. Without it winning masters would be near impossible as pace notes in this game are very inconsistent and you often crash, if you don't know the stages and drive anywhere near the limit, because of corner angles very often being plain wrong.

As to engine upgrades, I never thought about it that way. Definetely worth investigating.

from elite upwards AI is too fast, even more than time trial times 😂

imho AI times need to be redone from scratch

i also agree with wrong pacenotes, if you go really fast, specially in poland and australia and follow 100% pacenotes you are S.C.R.E.W.E.D  😄

Edited by teknoid85
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

from elite upwards AI is too fast, even more than time trial times 😂

imho AI times need to be redone from scratch

Depends on a class you are driving in really. Some classes, like H2 FWD, are bugged and unbeatable, while others, like R5, are very well balanced and should not be changed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Pistro said:

Depends on a class you are driving in really. Some classes, like H2 FWD, are bugged and unbeatable, while others, like R5, are very well balanced and should not be changed.

IMHO   AI times  should not be so hard to beat like doing a daily and fighting for first place in leaderboard.....

btw, i'm actually in elite, and waiting for AI fix   and  other bugfixes to continue with careermode.  let's see how it goes

Edited by teknoid85

14 hours ago, Pistro said:

I'm currently on my way to winning masters in R5 class. It's my fourth try though so it was very challenging and it's possible only because I basically memorised all the stages at this point. Without it winning masters would be near impossible as pace notes in this game are very inconsistent and you often crash, if you don't know the stages and drive anywhere near the limit, because of corner angles very often being plain wrong.

As to engine upgrades, I never thought about it that way. Definetely worth investigating.

Is it much more difficult than Elite? Did you have to use restarts? How far in terms of points are you from the AI in second place?

I'm curious because I'm struggling with R5 in Elite and I wonder if I'll ever be able to reach and beat masters. 🙂

Posted (edited)

Today`s Daily Event. Love the new Subaru ❤️ 

Daily Event onboard

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3PPfHAg7PpY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by KlimasAdrian

14 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

MHO   AI times  should not be so hard to beat like doing a daily and fighting for first place in leaderboard.....

And that's fine, but leave that kind of AI in Elite or below. We finally have an AI that gives us a challenge, why would you want to take that away from us? Rebalance it below Masters sure, but I thoroughly enjoyed the fights I had towards the end of my career in My Team. You actually had to fight for the championship, not just stomp the first 4 events and retire the final 2 for the ez win. 

• Agree 2

My opinion would be to give people the option to move up a tier or not. Like if elite is just right and you scrape 3rd in the season, you should be able to stay there.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

And that's fine, but leave that kind of AI in Elite or below. We finally have an AI that gives us a challenge, why would you want to take that away from us? Rebalance it below Masters sure, but I thoroughly enjoyed the fights I had towards the end of my career in My Team. You actually had to fight for the championship, not just stomp the first 4 events and retire the final 2 for the ez win. 

i think nobody wants to win a championship  with 4wins and 2 retires in master or elite ,   imo it's to be found a sweetspot that pleases all

... and add the rest of the countries as the DLC tracks are added

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Pistro said:

That's the way I also see it, I can't imagine someone winning Masters at least in R2 that I am in without really memorizing most of the stages or generating their own pacenotes.  The AI are doing consistent hammered time trial record times or beyond.  Not rally times even of the best drivers in the world IMO.

Edit: But Codies are looking into it, so we will see what they decide on the issue etc.

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 1

Wonder when well get any news of season 2, end of the month is it for s1.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

I think who you bought something, you also have the right to know what it is ..........
In addition, I hope for completely new rally locations: Sweden, Monte Carlo and Germany, I know almost by heart ...... because I also have Dirt Rally

Today I drive Sweden in the Subaru WRC.  I have a bug that my tires was soft not spiky.  Wow lots of fun.  That should be looks like 

21 hours ago, DocStrangelove said:

Nonono, the 80s were the cultural peak in the history of mankind

I'll agree as long as you're being sarcastic. But the cold war was fun.

In unrelated news, this week during the NZ rally, Mr. The Block stared Alex co-driver dead square in the eyes and said "Remember this?" while he destroys his car and watches Alex burn to death for the second time. He blames it on power steering this time.

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, danielofifi said:

Is it much more difficult than Elite? Did you have to use restarts? How far in terms of points are you from the AI in second place?

I'm curious because I'm struggling with R5 in Elite and I wonder if I'll ever be able to reach and beat masters. 🙂

It's not much more difficult, but the difference in stage times between individual AI drivers gets so small that if you are even five seconds off the pace from the first place you can end up 5-10th sometimes. That's the biggest difference. You have to be extremenly consistent to win in that circumstances. Hence the big fuss with inconsistent pace notes.

I don't ever use restarts as it breaks the immersion for me, and also because I very rarely crash so I don't really need to.

I'm actually first in the championship standings, around 10 points ahead, after 4 rounds of which I won 3 and came 5th once. I should also add that I started with a brand new car, with no engine upgrades so I could have made it a lot easier for myself if I wanted to. Also I don't ever cut corners excessively and don't drive on grass. If I did that it would be too easy, especially in places like USA and Poland.

Edited by Pistro
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if that EscCos will actually finish an event this year? More mechanical woes in NZ. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I'll agree as long as you're being sarcastic.

Only slightly. The 80s gave us Tron. Aliens. Terminator. Star Trek Next Generation. The Simpsons. Knight Rider and Corvette C4. Honda CRX. Venom. Metallica. Slayer. NWA. Snap. Nine Inch Nails. NES. Master System. Mega Drive/Genesis. Ayrton Senna.

We're in a rally game forum, aren't we? The 80s gave us motherf***ing Group B.

The 80s were ****ing rad.

Edited by DocStrangelove
  • Agree 5

53 minutes ago, DocStrangelove said:

Only slightly. The 80s gave us Tron. Aliens. Terminator. Star Trek Next Generation. The Simpsons. Knight Rider and Corvette C4. Honda CRX. Venom. Metallica. Slayer. NWA. Snap. Nine Inch Nails. NES. Master System. Mega Drive/Genesis. Ayrton Senna.

We're in a rally game forum, aren't we? The 80s gave us motherf***ing Group B.

The 80s were ****ing rad.

Tron, Aliens, Terminator, and TNG range from bad to meh. Knight rider was dumb, not a Simpsons fan, the C4 is ugly compared to the earlier and later models, I have zero attachment to the CRX. Metallica, NWA, ...Snap? and Slayer are all pretty ****. NIN had a few decent songs.

The 80's stylistically was bad, and there were new regulations for cars that led to them being ugly (And like my mom said about BMW's) very boxy. For poor people. XD The music was bad too.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 6

3 hours ago, JZStudios said:

The 80's stylistically was bad, and there were new regulations for cars that led to them being ugly (And like my mom said about BMW's) very boxy. For poor people. XD The music was bad too.

Wait... What?

There is nothing wrong with boxy cars and 80's music is epic af. 

W.A.S.P, Gamma Ray, Anthrax, Great White, Warrant, Helloween and so on. Best music ever. 

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Pistro said:

It's not much more difficult, but the difference in stage times between individual AI drivers gets so small that if you are even five seconds off the pace from the first place you can end up 5-10th sometimes. That's the biggest difference. You have to be extremenly consistent to win in that circumstances. Hence the big fuss with inconsistent pace notes.

I don't ever use restarts as it breaks the immersion for me, and also because I very rarely crash so I don't really need to.

I'm actually first in the championship standings, around 10 points ahead, after 4 rounds of which I won 3 and came 5th once. I should also add that I started with a brand new car, with no engine upgrades so I could have made it a lot easier for myself if I wanted to. Also I don't ever cut corners excessively and don't drive on grass. If I did that it would be too easy, especially in places like USA and Poland.

I just won Masters but only by the process of elimination.... being that the top AI driver dnf’ed or dropped down the order twice. I’ve posted all this in another thread but the AI is all over the map, for the 2000cc class anyway. Australia was a breeze (won every stage) but every other rally the one top driver, when not crashing out was kicking my behind and WAY ahead of everyone else. I’ve posted a few examples.

As you can see I’m 4 seconds behind 2nd place which is totally fine but for 1st to be 15 seconds faster then that?!! Same issue with the second stage.... I’ll go as far as to say those 1st place times are not even attainable! I’d love to be proven wrong though if someone as video evidence. The final pic is the overall rally times. Don’t get me wrong time can be had with further practice etc., but almost 1:30... no way, not from me anyway.

7C932287-B227-4B5D-A29F-694CBCB9ACA3.jpeg

91AF5DA0-C899-48F5-AA57-0D3A6DECFE8C.jpeg

7D43BB08-3D44-421A-A725-5F29139C577C.jpeg

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Tron, Aliens, Terminator, and TNG range from bad to meh. Knight rider was dumb, not a Simpsons fan, the C4 is ugly compared to the earlier and later models, I have zero attachment to the CRX. Metallica, NWA, ...Snap? and Slayer are all pretty ****. NIN had a few decent songs. 

The fact that you have mentioned both Aliens and Slayer, yet not changed your opinion is deeply concerning. This now throws every opinion you have ever had into doubt. 

I won't argue with the style point, but the 80's gave us some of the greatest movies of all time (including Die Hard, the best film ever made), was an incredible period for pop, thrash and rap music, plus it gave us Group A, Group B and Group C category racing. 

Edited by tbtstt
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Wow. You must be fun at parties? Oh wait, I assume you don't like parties. You only like to watch co-drivers burn. 

Edited by bogani
  • Haha 5