DiRTy Gossip Thread

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, carpa said:

If Rally Mexico comes in, I'd be SUPER happy. Every time I watch the WRC I can't help but think the stages and the setting look visually GREAT... 

Given it some more thought. Saw the flag in spain now, too. Coincidence?

20190511150137_1.thumb.jpg.268f35af8d5048ecb691624dee4c4445.jpg

If we assume DR1 Rallies come all as DLC, what would be missing as essential driving experience? Narrow tarmac (Corsica, Sanremo, Ireland), Sandy hot stuff and high altitude. Mexico would have part of sandy hot stuff, although it's similar to Greece I recon. But it definitely has altitude which makes it very unique. Power loss due to thin air and all.

Although I do hope, if Mexico is really in the making, that we will finally get a stage with some iconic river fords. None in Australia and especially none in Argentina are a bummer. I am incredibly glad we got iconic El Condor in ARG, but I thought that could've been fit into one long stage and make a second in the lower lands. Anyway, Mexico also has a lot of rivers, so if, i hope they include a stage with those.

And the DLC content numbers also leave space for one Rally location, assuming we get 4 RX to fill WRX. Actually with all the information we have right now, I wanna make an educated guess on the content of Season 2 and Season 3. In retrospect let's see how close this will get:

SEASON 2

• RX Group B:   Pug & Lancia
  • Rally Finland
  • Group B RWD:   Lancia 037 & Porsche 911 SC RS
  • Rally Greece
  • RX Group B:    RS200 & Metro
  • RX Abu Dhabi & RX Latvia

SEASON 3

• New Millenial Class:    Focus 2001 & Impreza 97-99 (Also put the existing Evo VI in here as a double class vehicle)
  • Rally Wales
  • F2 Kit Cars:    Nissan Almera & Pug 106
  • Rally Mexico
  • New Millenial Class:    Impreza 2001 & some other early WRCar(Octavia, 206 or Accent?)
  • RX Germany & RX South Africa

Assuming the structure from Season 1. Maybe they also surprise us with more cars per release, but so far it's been two. The Subaru Legacy Group A hasn't fit in here. Although it might have been recorded for DR2, but there is no fitting car from same class to release it along with...

Why Wales in S3? Because this is not what I want, but what seems most likely to me. And from the old locations I assume Wales would be best to sell a new DLC, since it is a fan favorite.

Edited by SkyRex
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SkyRex said:

Okay, hmm strange there should be a difference. But maybe H1 is to slow to feel it?

It will be very difficult though to drive two times exactly the same to get a comparable time. I highly doubt your driven time has a lot of value with almost a minute of time difference. Much more suspect your car in career wasn't fully upgraded or you just drove very different.

That was a typo, the difference was 3 seconds. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm able to win weeklies regularly so consistency is not an issue for me.

As to speed being too low to feel any difference, I stated that the tests were done at 50 km/h and at racing speeds, and Mini can go up to 140 km/h. I also stated that both runs were in exactly identical cars, with identical setup, on the same tyre compound and with the same engine upgrade level.

Edited by Pistro

On 5/10/2019 at 10:46 AM, cafe5150 said:

Ho hum, one man's meat is another man's poison and all that.

I personally like classical through to metal. Some pop and jazz fusion, prog and classic rock. There's stuff in all those genres that I like and stuff that I don't.

We don't need sweeping generalisations otherwise it turns into a willy waving contest.

I like waving my willy. It's a great pastime.

On 5/10/2019 at 11:20 AM, cafe5150 said:

I suppose it's so easy you can do it? Still going strong too so not a passing trend.

It's primarily scales on guitar, which yeah, weren't that hard and pretty basic before I destroyed my finger. And 80's big hair metal isn't going strong, the industry has moved beyond it. There's some influences here and there but otherwise it's not very prevalent. In Sweden and Germany... maybe.

On 5/10/2019 at 12:49 PM, tbtstt said:

Most of the great 80's action franchises can't be judged on the latter films: Die Hard, Terminator, Robocop, Alien, Indiana Jones... all started on high and ended up with dreadful sequels. 

Alien and Aliens are both genre defining. As are Slayer.

Die Hard is decent, but it's not a "greatest movie of all time" contender. Terminator 1 is so good everyone prefers T2. Robocop is a cheesefest.

Let's also not forget that pointing out a few good things doesn't absolve everything else. The Nazi's weren't too bad, they made wonderful art museums right in the middle of the city.

12 hours ago, ianism said:

um, a) you clearly don't know the history of how it was generally great in the 80s and early 90s but then big labels figured out how to mass-produce it and this resulted in the mainstream stuff being mostly garbage since then (I'm simplifying it but yeah).

and b) you clearly haven't listened to someone who is an actually good writer or producer

c) sure, it's theoretically "easier" music to make but that's what is going to happen when people who have nothing are trying to make music.

I appreciate a good Geto Boys and Shaq, but laying down a simple beat (of which was done electronically on a few notable keyboards, 808 anyone?) and Dr. Suessing over it isn't exactly difficult. what's even better is when you actually look into and realize that they all used the same presets and thus their songs beats between groups were basically the same.

If anything, there's more variety now since there's WAY more samples they use. And with how expensive those notable keyboards and sample packs were, it's not like they couldn't instead go for traditional instruments like guitar or drums.

12 hours ago, Murikka said:

I had a Sierra just like that, but it was white. :classic_laugh:

My pick for best looking 80's cars.

24973413_4.jpg?v=8D397DB930E6CC0

1979 Camaro z/28

Image result for camaro z28

7 hours ago, Pistro said:

Force Feedback

Reults: No difference between 1. No degradation and 2. Third stage of degradation. Only force I could feel was the force of self aligning torque trying to pull the car, due to gravity, because of uneven road surface (3D mesh). On relatively flat and straight parts of the road there were no forces acting on the wheel.

The force feedback on road degredation and ruts is what I've been saying the entire time. I think it really only changes visual appearance and the way the tires interact with the surface. None of the ruts you can see on the surface have any actual effect on the car.

And I'm still arguing that bump steer exists, and cars should "lock" into hard ruts, unless Initial D was lying to me and Takumi actually lost that race.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

The force feedback on road degredation and ruts is what I've been saying the entire time. I think it really only changes visual appearance and the way the tires interact with the surface. None of the ruts you can see on the surface have any actual effect on the car.

And I'm still arguing that bump steer exists, and cars should "lock" into hard ruts, unless Initial D was lying to me and Takumi actually lost that race.

Ogier almost ROLLED in a rut because he took it at the wrong angle, two weeks ago in Argentina. So they definitely have an impact on the car behavior 

6 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

It's primarily scales on guitar, which yeah, weren't that hard and pretty basic before I destroyed my finger. And 80's big hair metal isn't going strong, the industry has moved beyond it. There's some influences here and there but otherwise it's not very prevalent. In Sweden and Germany... maybe.

Primarily scales? Try telling Steve Vai that, I bet he's crapping himself.  That generalisation covers most musical instruments then! I suppose hair metal had it's day when it was fresh, but to say there's no call for rock guitar music? Just Sweden and Germany? I've played all over Europe and it's still as popular as it ever was. 

24 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I like waving my willy. It's a great pastime.

1979 Camaro z/28

Image result for camaro z28

It is indeed great pastime.

I never liked those late model 2nd gen camaros (there is exceptions). Split bumper was much prettier. It's a shame that oil crisis and stupid government regulations killed muscle cars (and most v8's) in mid 70's - 80's. 

I also prefer that Camaro over other generations. Would love to have one with a angry 350 and a manual transmission. Good thing is that I already have way too many cars and i'm suffering from chronic lack of money, so I can't buy one. 

Really? You guys prefer the IROC-Z over the '69 Camaro Z28?

I don't know what to say... So disappointed in those that prefer the IROC-Z... 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
I have had the text translated by a German site and Google translator
Edited by gleylancer571
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, SimVansevenant said:

Gen 1 Camaro is always very beautiful car, but from that era i'm more interested in fullsize cars. And here everyone and their dog has gen 1. 

+ I really like 70's and 80's cars, so this is why I prefer gen 3 Camaro. :classic_laugh:

If the release continues as it has until now, we should be getting the next patch this week, which will also bring in Germany, ready to be unlocked when release day arrives. Also, if I recall correctly, we are due information on Season 2 before the end of Season 1. This week would be nice to know what's coming, although we have an idea.

@SkyRex Switch Greece with Wales. Wales is quite more popular than Greece. Better bring that in the DLC that's absolutely guaranteed, right?

17 minutes ago, warpengage said:

If the release continues as it has until now, we should be getting the next patch this week, which will also bring in Germany, ready to be unlocked when release day arrives. Also, if I recall correctly, we are due information on Season 2 before the end of Season 1. This week would be nice to know what's coming, although we have an idea.

@SkyRex Switch Greece with Wales. Wales is quite more popular than Greece. Better bring that in the DLC that's absolutely guaranteed, right?

That's exactly why I think Wales (or maybe finland) will be s3.

It's the First not included in deluxe and Wales would attract more sales then greece.

Personally I would like Wales as the very next Release. And that is exactly why I think it will be later

Posted (edited)

greece and finland my favourites in dr1

wales is great but i prefer the other 2

p.s:wales and new zealand are similiar

Edited by teknoid85
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I appreciate a good Geto Boys and Shaq, but laying down a simple beat (of which was done electronically on a few notable keyboards, 808 anyone?) and Dr. Suessing over it isn't exactly difficult. what's even better is when you actually look into and realize that they all used the same presets and thus their songs beats between groups were basically the same.

If anything, there's more variety now since there's WAY more samples they use. And with how expensive those notable keyboards and sample packs were, it's not like they couldn't instead go for traditional instruments like guitar or drums.

uh, no. not keyboards. samplers.

no, they don't sound the same haha. someone has not listened to enough.

very few people sample nowadays, largely because of the threat of lawsuits... sampling things legally is very expensive (keep in mind people who make this music generally come from poorer backgrounds). this is partly why in the mainstream most stuff sounds the same (also there is more following of trends)

people who sample rarely use sample packs what are you talking about. they go digging for records in record stores (sample packs only came out with the internet) and it's the slow disappearance of these stores that has also contributed to the decline of sampling. most people don't have the money to pay for instruments. and also the genre started from people turning the record back to play the best part of a track again at dance parties in the late 70s. sure, there are groups who use instruments and do it super well, but the original way is without, and a big part of the culture is trying to keep the genre pure... keep it black, basically, because to a certain extent jazz, and to a huge extent rock were taken away from them by white people.

54 minutes ago, ianism said:

the culture is trying to keep the genre pure... keep it black, basically, because to a certain extent jazz, and to a huge extent rock were taken away from them by white people.

0vFGH7X.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

greece and finland my favourites in dr1

wales is great but i prefer the other 2

p.s:wales and new zealand are similiar

I like some parts of Wales, but my one complaint about the old DR stages is yhat they are almost too iconic.  Maybe not the best words.   But there are a lot of other stages particularly the coastal stages of wales and the vineyards of Germany would have made the locations a little more diverse.  I think they have done a better job in DR2.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Be nice to actually see some new events to change it up ,even the same country's but with different stages 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gfRally said:

I like some parts of Wales, but my one complaint about the old DR stages is yhat they are almost too iconic.  Maybe not the best words.   But there are a lot of other stages particularly the coastal stages of wales and the vineyards of Germany would have made the locations a little more diverse.  I think they have done a better job in DR2.

Completely agree with you there, iconic stages by definition stand out, so aren't representative of the rallies as a whole. One of the reasons I enjoyed Greece so much was for this reason.

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, SimVansevenant said:

That's a lovely one and I also really like the 70s ones. However the IROC-Z rules because it's so 80s which makes everything better by default as I've established earlier. The 90s one though, blergh

18 hours ago, carpa said:

Ogier almost ROLLED in a rut because he took it at the wrong angle, two weeks ago in Argentina. So they definitely have an impact on the car behavior 

SHH! Dgeesy will get on you about how that's a fake effect!

That also doesn't affect the steering wheel in any way whatsoever!

18 hours ago, cafe5150 said:

Primarily scales? Try telling Steve Vai that, I bet he's crapping himself.  That generalisation covers most musical instruments then! I suppose hair metal had it's day when it was fresh, but to say there's no call for rock guitar music? Just Sweden and Germany? I've played all over Europe and it's still as popular as it ever was. 

First off, Steve is primarily scales, I don't know if you play guitar but that's what it is. He also does a lot of bends and whammy slaps. He's fast, but practice basic scales enough and you get that down.

And I said 80's thrasher. Not rock guitar. And, hell no it doesn't cover most instruments. There's not an entire genre of scale progression on trumpet.

Mainly scale and bends.

Also mainly scales and bends, and that I actually did start to learn to play before I destroyed my finger.

17 hours ago, Murikka said:

It is indeed great pastime.

I never liked those late model 2nd gen camaros (there is exceptions). Split bumper was much prettier. It's a shame that oil crisis and stupid government regulations killed muscle cars (and most v8's) in mid 70's - 80's. 

I posted that because the rear end is practically identical to the Pontiac. The hood is a bit different, but it looks like GM just repurposed a lot of stuff, and the pontiac falls more in line with late 70's styling than 80's.

16 hours ago, DocStrangelove said:

The best Camaro. Because every pore oozes "80s ftw"

all_1987_black_camaro_iroc___z_w__t___to

Ew. The only one I dislike more is from the 90's.

4 hours ago, ianism said:

uh, no. not keyboards. samplers.

no, they don't sound the same haha. someone has not listened to enough.

very few people sample nowadays, largely because of the threat of lawsuits... sampling things legally is very expensive (keep in mind people who make this music generally come from poorer backgrounds). this is partly why in the mainstream most stuff sounds the same (also there is more following of trends)

people who sample rarely use sample packs what are you talking about. they go digging for records in record stores (sample packs only came out with the internet) and it's the slow disappearance of these stores that has also contributed to the decline of sampling. most people don't have the money to pay for instruments. and also the genre started from people turning the record back to play the best part of a track again at dance parties in the late 70s. sure, there are groups who use instruments and do it super well, but the original way is without, and a big part of the culture is trying to keep the genre pure... keep it black, basically, because to a certain extent jazz, and to a huge extent rock were taken away from them by white people.

Keyboards have samples on them ya dingus. And most of the beats use the same samples from the same keyboards and packs. And there's samples freakin everywhere now, holy hell are you wrong. Electronic music in particular is primarily samples.

There's Native Instruments with the Maschine which comes with a buttload of samples, not to mention people like Andrew Huang and other YouTubers. Moby sampled extensively, Pretty Lights, Slipknot even, Incubus, Odesza, remixes of tracks... There's literally an entire "genre" of music which is just taking extended clips of other songs and mashing them together.

People who sample VERY OFTEN use sample packs, especially in the 80's and 90's when it came with the instruments. A lot of big audio companies even have free sample packs. I'm so confused by how insanely wrong you are.

Also, have you ever been anywhere near the music industry (especially rap and hip-hop) and heard people talk about the 808? It's literally the most sought after and replicated piano to make samples from.

Not even gonna touch the "Keep it black thing."

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Completely agree with you there, iconic stages by definition stand out, so aren't representative of the rallies as a whole. One of the reasons I enjoyed Greece so much was for this reason.

It's a good point, but it depends on how much you play rally games I guess. I used not to be a rally game enthusiast, I definitely liked them but was never possessed by them. That changed with DR1, for my liking it hit the sweet spot between brutality and accessibility and I was quickly obsessed with it. It was the ultimate rally game for me and I absolutely wanted to have those stages there because only in DR1 I could enjoy them the way I always wanted to.

Definitely agree about Greece though. A pretty obscure location that was super awesome which is ideal. Can't tell if I like Wales or Greece more, they're both my favourites. 

Edited by DocStrangelove
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

First off, Steve is primarily scales, I don't know if you play guitar but that's what it is. He also does a lot of bends and whammy slaps. He's fast, but practice basic scales enough and you get that down.

Yes I've been playing guitar since 1985. Scales and chords are the mainstay of guitar, infact the majority of melodic instruments. Apart from percussive instruments such as drums melody, ie scales phrases chords, is what we do. Yes theres the techniques such as alternate picking, sweep picking, tapping, legato, but it's very dismissive to say Steve Vai is fast but basically anyone can do that if they can do basic scales. Dear oh dear. I suppose you'd have given him a run for his money if you hadn't had an injury. Or is that you in the Rocksmith video?

44 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I posted that because the rear end is practically identical to the Pontiac. The hood is a bit different, but it looks like GM just repurposed a lot of stuff, and the pontiac falls more in line with late 70's styling than 80's.

Camaro and Firebird are actually same car. Pontiac just used their own engines. And yes that basicly is 70's car, but that particular trans-am is 81 so last year for that model. And 77-78 had different nose cone.