DiRTy Gossip Thread

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, cafe5150 said:

Yes I've been playing guitar since 1985. Scales and chords are the mainstay of guitar, infact the majority of melodic instruments. Apart from percussive instruments such as drums melody, ie scales phrases chords, is what we do. Yes theres the techniques such as alternate picking, sweep picking, tapping, legato, but it's very dismissive to say Steve Vai is fast but basically anyone can do that if they can do basic scales. Dear oh dear. I suppose you'd have given him a run for his money if you hadn't had an injury. Or is that you in the Rocksmith video?

Alright, I really don't care. At this point it's just annoying.

For the record, no one is allowed to **** on Mr. Block anymore because they can't drive as good as him. Also, no one can criticize the game since they can't make anything better. If you can't do something better yourself, you have no opinion and your existence is useless.

Since you can't play at or above his level, I'll also ignore your opinion.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Dude, you gotta be a little less cryptic in your posts, not everyone is on the same wavelength.

• Agree 2

42 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Alright, I really don't care. At this point it's just annoying.

For the record, no one is allowed to **** on Mr. Block anymore because they can't drive as good as him. Also, no one can criticize the game since they can't make anything better. If you can't do something better yourself, you have no opinion and your existence is useless.

Since you can't play at or above his level, I'll also ignore your opinion.

Didn't he set fire to his rare cossie with the codriver still inside? I could probably do better.

12 minutes ago, gfRally said:

This thread as of late...

giphy.mp4

Hopefully some season two news will emerge this week and get things back on track again. 

• Agree 5

11 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Hopefully some season two news will emerge this week and get things back on track again. 

I think we will hear news after Germany (update)? they wont be stealing show from new location!?

But i am sure it will contiune in same pattern 2 weeks after Germany, new Cars drops (i assume it will be in game files with Germany update)

• Agree 1

More then a month now without new roadbook, so for for it with news about season 2.

1 minute ago, SquadBruce said:

Screenshot_20190513-125752_Facebook.jpg

Codies: *try to keep all the new content secret until the eventual reveal*

People who give their car for recording: *spoil everything by posting pics of the recording session, even tagging Codemasters*

Codies:

2l3xgs.jpg

I'm genuinely sorry about this but I just had to😅

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, PJTierney said:

Old but related:

This almost confirms the subarus, no?

The cables, location, sound guy, all very similar. Makes a coincidence very unlikely.

So let's hope it's for DR2 and not for DiRT 5 or something...

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, chukonu said:

Didn't he set fire to his rare cossie with the codriver still inside? I could probably do better.

Two or three times actually. Every time he goes out really.

46 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Old but related:

What amazes me most is that the Kunos team use a lot of the same recording equipment, but they still manage to screw it up. The Dirt games sound better and actually have proper mixing.

@JZStudios  I always wondered if it was the difference between FMod and WWyse sound?   I’ve seen several games that use WWyse and they always sound better, coincidence?  IDK

6 hours ago, elrojodp8 said:

mystery unveiled, update today

I already smell Baumholder forest 😏😁

6 hours ago, elrojodp8 said:

mystery unveiled, update today

who says that?  🤔

46 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

who says that?  🤔

Well the game does, when you boot it up

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KingOfCoins said:

Well the game does, when you boot it up

yeah, i see.

will we have patchnotes too???

Found this on steam :

Hi all,

DiRT Rally 2.0 v1.4 releases at 11am (BST) today, and with that, RaceNet will go down for maintenance, so please make sure you're not playing the game when 11am comes around, as it could compromise event times etc. being uploaded to the server. We're expecting RaceNet to be up and running by 12pm BST. Here is what the update will bring:

- Online Custom events can now be set up as human only

- Plain black and white liveries added for most vehicles

- UI indication added for when ghost cars are stopped due to time penalty

- Leaderboards will now support going to the top from all positions

- AI will no longer select unreleased vehicles

- Speedcar Xtrem wheels will not disappear

- Improvement to Silverstone joker lap detection

- Costa Rican added as a nationality

- Tyre warnings are improved when in the service area

- Reset line improvements on Mettet

- Delta Daily will now award correct credits

- Improvements to Opel Manta 400 engine audio#

- Turning off Personal Best ghosts will keep them off for the remainder of the session

- Visual improvements to some vehicles

- Proximity warnings will not be shown on retired vehicles

- Resuming championships will not damage previously undamaged components

- Stability improvements throughout title

Please note that a further update will follow in the next week, which will focus solely upon FFB – so if you’re wondering where that is, it’s just around the next corner!

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Well, the plain liveries are nice.

Please can we have some communication about where we stand with the weather, times and effects please. 

Changelists are nice and happy to see some FFB changes are coming for those who want that, but I would like to hear something about the other item topping most people's lists please (visibility in wet/dark conditions).

If that communication is "sorry, it is what it is for this game" then fair enough, but please can we have some in-depth communication about this issue sometime soon?

Also, I liked the AI using unreleased cars, gave a bit more depth to the field! Not a biggie...

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Agree 6

Posted (edited)

Indeed the next priority should be the poor visibility on low light/dark conditions and the bad rain drops that get opaque with the lights on. I would love to get a dev comment on this one. This is a game-breaking bug and it's been reported nearly as much times as the FFB, so once the FFB is sorted out I'd like to see a statement wether this is going to be looked at properly or not.

The way it is right now, people are avoiding dark and rain conditions at all costs, making this part of the game useless, which is a shame because not only have you invested time working on these conditions but they are also an important part of the game.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4

Just now, Riggs said:

Indeed the next priority should be the poor visibility on low light/dark conditions and the bad rain drops that get opaque with the lights on. I would love to get a dev comment on this one.

agree 👍

btw

i see no mention of the audio cut outs, the most annoying thing for me.  with last "improvement" it happens even more

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

NICE PATCH

my patch is loading right now and I'm really looking forward to the next Patch because of Force Feedback
Edited by gleylancer571
  • Agree 1

Hey, I've just discovered an option to turn on Hardcore Damage in My Team Championship. Has it always been there?

If not... why isn't it in the patch notes? That's BIG news!