DiRTy Gossip Thread

18 minutes ago, CarlesWRC said:

I don't understand people's disappointment with lack of rally stuff. We knew before the game was even released that S2 would focus on rallycross so it's hardly surprising. Until codemasters said there would be some rally content in the season I was expecting only rallycross anyway so 2 rally cars and arguably the best location from the first game is a great bonus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 7

yeah, I can't even really get much out of RWD cars because I play on a keyboard so the only truly interesting thing here for me is Wales.

brand new rally location was never going to come this season (if they're even making one). you would use that to sell season 3 to the deluxe edition owners.

I'm not excited by the RX content at all, but both Wales and the Group B cars I'm really looking forward to and in the context of the Season Pass in general, if you'd offered me 4 rally locations and 8 rally cars at the start of the process I'd have snapped your hand off.

Like others, I'm very much hoping for a Season 3 with Finland and Greece in.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

Whether there really will be sesaon 3 remains to be seen
However, the Nissan Kit Car seems almost confirmed

Two RX tracks still missing from the 2018 season, Finland and Greece missing from the DR1 line up, plus a number of cars that have been recorded. I think there are enough loose ends for a season three. 

Edited by tbtstt
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

I really dont get this... how can u not like RX if you havent ever played it? For me (and many others) its really a blast! not comparable to stages but a lot of action guaranteed and definitely not easy..  And its a blast for real rally drivers too i guess, cause why would they participate in it otherwise? 

I don't enjoy circuits. RX was included in other Dirt games and I never enjoyed, so why I would lose my time playing this in DiRT Rally 2 having a lot of rally stuff to do in this game. And I don't have a lot of time after work, so I have to optimize my free time.

5 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

I'm not excited by the RX content at all, but both Wales and the Group B cars I'm really looking forward to and in the context of the Season Pass in general, if you'd offered me 4 rally locations and 8 rally cars at the start of the process I'd have snapped your hand off.

Like others, I'm very much hoping for a Season 3 with Finland and Greece in.

let's see what tomorrow brings....

• Confused 1

Won't play RX content at all - but still stoked to be getting Wales the 037 and the 911. Can't wait!

• Agree 5

Gotta say I'm really happy with the 911 SC and 037 (even if one of those is just rehashed content.) Can't wait to hear the sound of the 911 - it's gonna be awesome if the M1 is any indication.

Well, there goes my Steam depots predictions down the drain. At least, I nailed it when I said they'd make it a nice and even 10 locations for each discipline, by the end of the season pass.

• Sad 1

Shame we have to wait until the end of the season before we can attempt some big slides into turn one at the Estering!

I wonder if the new RX circuits will become part of the World Championship in freeplay? 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

18 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Two RX tracks still missing from the 2018 season, Finland and Greece missing from the DR1 line up, plus a number of cars that have been recorded. I think there are enough loose ends for a season three. 

I wouldn't assume they'd put all the 2018 RX tracks in.

I'd say Abu Dhabi and Spa are more likely than COTA, and I don't think they are likely.

Posted (edited)

It's no surprise we get more RX content next season, is it? Season 1 was dominated by rally content, so it's fine. Lancia 037 and 911 SC RS, baby! 😍  Can't. Wait. 

Edit: Oh and Wales ofc!

Edited by richie
  • Agree 4

I expect Season 3 will be outside of the Deluxe Edition content, so will be payware for everyone 😛

2 minutes ago, ianism said:

I wouldn't assume they'd put all the 2018 RX tracks in.

I'd say Abu Dhabi and Spa are more likely than COTA, and I don't think they are likely.

Dont know killarney or/and Cota would be my guess.. and knowing codies im quite sure there will be a 3rd season with finland and greece.

3 minutes ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

I expect Season 3 will be outside of the Deluxe Edition content, so will be payware for everyone 😛

1 half of me says thats fine and ill happily pay.. other half thinks its being robbed after paying deluxe and seeing it getting reduced by a third  within a month.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Since Estering isn't even included in the season this year, COTA and Killarney are safe bets for completing the 2018 RX season

I think it's unlikely that they'd add Spa or Abu Dhabi and allow Solberg, Loeb, Kristoffersson etc to drive on them, surely some licensing issues there

It was expected to have the juicy content outside Deluxe, and it makes sense. SEASON 3 HERE I GO 😄 

6 minutes ago, Riggs said:

It was expected to have the juicy content outside Deluxe, and it makes sense. SEASON 3 HERE I GO 😄 

Let's hope so... We all knew season 2 would be more RX related, but still it left me a little disapointed (i play almost exclusively rally content). Greece and Portugal for S3, please... Dreaming is free, right?

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Doomguy405 said:

Another 4.6GB update, anyone know what it is??

Probably the Germany files for next week DLC...

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Opassac said:

Let's hope so... We all knew season 2 would be more RX related, but still it left me a little disapointed (i play almost exclusively rally content). Greece and Portugal for S3, please... Dreaming is free, right?

There has to be a season where all the hinted 2000cc cars take place. So if that's not present in S2, it can only mean S3.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Yep, the Germany rally files are now in the locations folder.

• Thanks 1

Yorkshire!

DQiqiLiXkAAyYoF.jpg

This is the livery included from another angle (assuming they have permission to use the logo).

Posted (edited)

I find it strange as well that so many are angry, furious even, that there's more RX content than rally content in season two. They should either buy a pair of glasses so they can read properly or activate the part in their brain that makes it possible to do research before buying something like the deluxe version for example. It was advertised that season two would focus on RX content and if you didn't read it or didn't use your brain before buying it, it's your own bloody fault. You can't blame the team for your own stupidity. And if you do blame them and call them out, you're even worse than stupid and frankly shouldn't be allowed to play the game because of it.

I do still hope to see those DLC cars become available to us modders though. *wink wink nudge nudge* --> Oooooooh hail @ChristinaMc, mother of the Dirt Community and liberator of great news! (too subtle?)

Edited by SimVansevenant
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

I really enjoyed the first season waiting for things that really interested me, in fact I still do with Germany, and now it will be a long wait until Wales, the rest?...meh.. waiting for seasons 3 and 4(let's hope)
Thanks anyway codies, xq the game is excellent! In my opinion, only some rally locations are missing to make it legendary.

Edited by elrojodp8
  • Agree 1