DiRTy Gossip Thread

13 minutes ago, bogani said:

Yea, I'm not a big fan of Australia either. So many off cambers and rough parts that upsets the car. I'm not particularly fond of the visuals there either for some reason. 

This. 

I was so excited for Sweden as it's quite similiar to Finnish stages in winter, but in the end it was just a bitter disappointment as the rwd cars doesn't handle as they should on snow/ice. So now I keep driving Polish stages. :classic_laugh:

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Murikka said:

I had to try that car. I had no problem with it, but i'm not a big fan of it neither. 

I have noticed that all rwd cars tend to do handle strange sometimes when sliding them in New England. It feels like the front tires "sinks" in the road or something and then it snaps it totally sideways without any warning.

I love the Datsun, I pick it to see where I can place it on the leaderboards and I actually held the best Datsun time at Kopina, but after a few weeks things changed dramatically, it seems! Down to 3rd now, thank you very much! :classic_dry:  (:classic_laugh:Nice run!

Edit: Up to 2nd now ^^

Edited by richie
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Murikka said:

IBut still the New England is strange, as it doesn't have soft gravel, so why does the car just snap oversteer when trying to have neat little slide through the corner. Mostly that happens when the front wheels are in apex/inside line of the corner. Is it same for you?

Well... if my front wheels aren't in the apex/inside line then something's gone very wrong.

2 hours ago, Murikka said:

This. 

I was so excited for Sweden as it's quite similiar to Finnish stages in winter, but in the end it was just a bitter disappointment as the rwd cars doesn't handle as they should on snow/ice. So now I keep driving Polish stages. :classic_laugh:

For trying out the FFB I took an R2 Ford around Sweden and actually thought it was pretty decent. Guess just all around the RWD is off.

6 hours ago, JZStudios said:

For trying out the FFB I took an R2 Ford around Sweden and actually thought it was pretty decent. Guess just all around the RWD is off.

RWD on the NZ stages feels awesome imo.

• Agree 3

Another 5GB update from Steam (already had 1.4.1) - whatever that was? Started the game, lost my career 5 locations completed to a 'discrepency' reset. Thanks Codemasters, sometimes you do actually suck at what you do quite a lot 😞 

I believe it was Germany files. And after 30 minutes of driving you'll forget all about that reset, however frustrated you might be.

BMW power!

Those cars sounds so good. Would love to have one in the game. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

Don’t get why people are complaining about season 2 ,was fairly obvious it was going to be more rx based and people are still surprised , I enjoy rallying more but have tried playing rx and it’s good a lot more exciting than f1 too;) it’s good marketing by codies letting some of the cars that didn’t make it in to season 2 slip out on social media etc legacy,focus,2 Imprezas. I can’t wait to see what comes next, would like the recent wrcs 2010s and older wrcs too and.p grass root cars but hats off to codies for making a great game with so much in it, think people need to remember  how little of a choice there was when it came to rally games and how bad the physics were compared to now

• Agree 6

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I actually started to enjoy rally cross thanks to Dirt Rally 2. It takes cool things from circuit racing (working on your lap times, close contact) and rallying (dirt, sideways action) and mixes them together into an exciting experience. I like the fact that the circuits are short, so you don't have to memorise hundreds of corners and braking points.

Edited by danielofifi
  • Like 1

rwd rallycross (autocross) cars would be nice. 

tiedotekuva_henri_haapamaki_jalasjarvi_2

240a.jpg?img=full

jalasjarvi2018-00147.jpeg

• Agree 6

13 hours ago, bogani said:

RWD on the NZ stages feels awesome imo.

The cambered corners help, you can really hook it in and carry speed.

• Agree 1

I like all disciplines, because physics are AMAZING. Welcome any content, I'll enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I've decided this morning that I'm out. Too many bugs in this game to continue trying to invest time into it.

I'm sick of the OSD disappearing from the interior views (which are still linked to odd FFB bugs), I'm sick of the constant stuttering (which began when I changed from a G920 to a G29 - like, WTH Codies? What are you doing?). I'm also sick of Racenet delaying menu load times by 10 seconds each time. 

It's just too much effort, half the battle with this game is sorting out technical issues. I might be back for Dirt 3.0, but I doubt it. Will probably buy F1 2019 though.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, chukonu said:

See ya tomorrow @andmcq

Hah, I wish. It's just too much effort to set the wheel up only to be second guessing this game each time. If I had a dedicated setup for race games I would always be back.

7 hours ago, danielofifi said:

Yeah, I actually started to enjoy rally cross thanks to Dirt Rally 2. It takes cool things from circuit racing (working on your lap times, close contact) and rallying (dirt, sideways action) and mixes them together into an exciting experience. I like the fact that the circuits are short, so you don't have to memorise hundreds of corners and braking points.

This guy gets it. 

Be like this guy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Agree 2

44 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

This guy gets it. 

Be like this guy. 

same, but for me it was Dirt 4

2 hours ago, andmcq said:

I've decided this morning that I'm out. Too many bugs in this game to continue trying to invest time into it.

I'm sick of the OSD disappearing from the interior views (which are still linked to odd FFB bugs), I'm sick of the constant stuttering (which began when I changed from a G920 to a G29 - like, WTH Codies? What are you doing?). I'm also sick of Racenet delaying menu load times by 10 seconds each time. 

It's just too much effort, half the battle with this game is sorting out technical issues. I might be back for Dirt 3.0, but I doubt it. Will probably buy F1 2019 though.

Not specific here @andmcq but i have a similar problem with my G27, i'm not completely convinced it's all game, but here's how i fix it - it's good for as long as your wheel is plugged in, i'm not sure if it survives reboots.

image.png.f91166dae9ffdd6a5df034b7cbccb7eb.png

Go find one of the generic USB input devices under Human Interface Devices, disable it - i can use this one 3rd from the bottom as it's not my mouse, then re-enable it again immediately (start with wheel plugged in) then it's fine, no stuttering.  You can alt-tab from game to do this if you forget before loading DR2.0

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Keko55 said:

porsche_wales_1-jpg.306253

I can't wait to use this thing. A sign that I'm getting old I think!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The best livery that should be on that Porsche 😍😍😍

60918AC4-200C-47A7-ADD9-EBBDBD32C9C3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

35 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

The best livery that should be on that Porsche 😍😍😍

60918AC4-200C-47A7-ADD9-EBBDBD32C9C3.jpeg

I'm afraid no cigarette brands are allowed in games anymore. They could do a Racing Porsche livery as in Project CARS though 

1 hour ago, Keko55 said:

porsche_wales_1-jpg.306253

hello

where you pick these images?   are there others of wales?