DiRTy Gossip Thread

Japan Rally confirmed 554727129569427466.png?v=1

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

Can someone please give this guy a periodic ban or mute him for a little while because he's really getting up my nose and up those of others, I'm sure.

He's like a petulant child, honestly!

Yeah. I understand some people are very frustrated by the delay, but reading a stream of complaints from the same person is pretty irritating!

• Agree 6

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, KlimasAdrian said:

The German stages looks really great 👍 Good job Codemasters Team 👌.

but... tarmac handling model is very bad. On low speed corners seems to be pretty god, but on high speed corners car floating a lot, on replay it looks so unrealistic 😞

I play since 15 years Richard Burns Rally on the top level. Dirt Rally 2.0 on gravel is very similar to RBR handling on NGP 5 physics. For me gravel is very good in this game. But this tarmac... 
@ChristinaMc - I want to ask, Its a chance to improve tarmac physics in next patches? Have You this type of improvements in furture plans?

P.S. sorry for my bad English, I will be gratefull for answer 😉
P.S. 2 I miss so much tarmac handling from a first Dirt Rally ( but first beta version! not later! ), when tarmac handling looks like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq9W9sSYamo

This game could be the best rally simulator, but no with this floating cars 🙂 I keep fingers crossed !

Ever since the move to the Ego engine and the very first Dirt game we have had a floatyness regarding Rally games. Hopefully they move away from it next gen. 

Edited by FLAW3D

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Ever since the move to the Ego engine and the very first Dirt game we have had a floatyness regarding Rall games. Hopefully they move away from it next gen. 

I can`t agree with You. I have very first beta version of Dirt Rally (debut on Early Access) and in this version floating was not perceptible. And they later changed handling ( since Flying Finland update) and tarmac handling was broken... gravel too - since this update cars can jump 100 meters on every small jump 😄 Maybe its a question of cars weight? 

Look on this onboard : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq9W9sSYamo . Handling looks quite good and realistic here 😉 This was first version of Dirt Rally (Early access debut on Steam)

Edited by KlimasAdrian

2 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

My patience is slow at the end 

I love your „german“ english bro... Meine Geduld ist langsam am Ende 🤣🤣🤣

Haven‘t laughed that loud and intense for month...

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

a Japan Rally like Colin Mcrae Dirt would be cool

Rally Japan gravel, not version tarmac.. nice

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, KlimasAdrian said:

I can`t agree with You. I have very first beta version of Dirt Rally (debut on Early Access) and in this version floating was not perceptible. And they later changed handling ( since Flying Finland update) and tarmac handling was broken...

Look on this onboard : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq9W9sSYamo . Handling looks quite good and realistic here 😉 This was first version of Dirt Rally (Early access debut on Steam)

Not dirt rally 1 but the very first dirt introduced a floatyness that was never apparent in McCrae games.  Also i seem to remember Germany was pretty floaty in DR 1 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Not dirt rally 1 but the very first dirt introduced a floatyness that was never apparent in McCrae games.  Also i seem to remember Germany was pretty floaty in DR 1 

Mate, look on this onboard from rally Germany : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBVkmG6u6b4

First two corners I took on full speed on 6th gear. Car floating? Not! It looks realistic here. This was first version of Dirt Rally 1 physics. Later they broken handling with Flying Finland update and car starts to floating on tarmac stages. Thats the true 😉

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, KlimasAdrian said:

Mate, look on this onboard from rally Germany : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBVkmG6u6b4

First two corners I took on full speed on 6th gear. Car floating? Not! It looks realistic here. This was first version of Dirt Rally 1 physics. Later they broken handling with Flying Finland update and car starts to floating on tarmac stages. Thats the true 😉

It looks better indeed, but i think theres an excess of downforce, that's one of the reasons why they changed it to v2. But that handling model for tarmac would be a nice platform to tweak on.

In reality, you'd have more understeer/oversteer on some of those turns, but the downforce was so much that you had robotic handling.

@ChristinaMc @CMMcBabe Any chance this handling v1 model from DR1 could be tested in DR2 tarmac, tweaked and therefore implemented if it fits?

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

13 minutes ago, KlimasAdrian said:

I can`t agree with You. I have very first beta version of Dirt Rally (debut on Early Access) and in this version floating was not perceptible. And they later changed handling ( since Flying Finland update) and tarmac handling was broken... gravel too - since this update cars can jump 100 meters on every small jump 😄 Maybe its a question of cars weight? 

The first iteration of DR the cars were excessively planted due to waaaay too much drag and downforce. The WRC spec cars did 0-60 in what, 7 seconds or something and if you simply released the throttle on a straight the car would lose speed extremely fast coming to a complete stop. Thanks to that the car hardly lost grip at all on tarmac. 

When they corrected these things with V2 physics, tarmac ended up on the opposite side of the spectrum feeling too loose and 'floaty'. 

Some degree of 'floatiness' is to be expected as cars without proper aero will generate lift rather than downforce at high speeds. 

There are still oddities in the tarmac handling, but Germany feels much better than Spain imo. 

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, bogani said:

The first iteration of DR the cars were excessively planted due to waaaay too much drag and downforce. The WRC spec cars did 0-60 in what, 7 seconds or something and if you simply released the throttle on a straight the car would lose speed extremely fast coming to a complete stop. Thanks to that the car hardly lost grip at all on tarmac. 

When they corrected these things with V2 physics, tarmac ended up on the opposite side of the spectrum feeling too loose and 'floaty'. 

Some degree of 'floatiness' is to be expected as cars without proper aero will generate lift rather than downforce at high speeds. 

There are still oddities in the tarmac handling, but Germany feels much better than Spain imo. 

Feels like something in between would've been perfect for tarmac. Couldn't that be adjusted for tarmac-only? Or does that affect gravel too?

2 minutes ago, bogani said:

Yes, but its hard to have fun with driving on tarmac now with car who behave like hovercraft 😞 Also in Spain car is planted to the road, and the grip is to strong... For me v1 physics in Dirt Rally Early access was much more realistic than this in Dirt Rally 2.0 (ON TARMAC! on gravel Dirt Rally 2.0 handling is superb!)

• Agree 1

DR1 v1 feels too much planted, while v2 took it to the other end of the scale. Something in between for testing would be the best.

The problem is that this would affect everything in tarmac, including FFB. It's a nuisance.

If it was just as easy as tweaking the downforce value by a little bit to make it feel a little less floaty, that would be it.

• Agree 1

I wish I was still in a position where the delay of some downloadable content was the biggest issue in my life...

(...though I can't say I have ever considered cluster bombing as the best solution to a gaming related issue)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I come across with what I think is a good idea, it really annoys me the empty online lobbies, people only plays offline.

But, if the game send a notification to every player that is in the game saying for example: 

-Fedemaisonnave has created a Session

-Car: R5

-Rally: Finland 😜

-Length: 6 stages

-Would you like to join the Session?

So you dont need to wait until someone joins your session or if you find any session with people playing

I will quote @ChristinaMc so I'm sure she will read my post 😝🙂

Edited by Fedemaisonnave
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

Just wait and see, maybe we'll get what we want in a couple of hours

And we will all be grateful to you for applying pressure, and the threat of military intervention.

Idiot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
  • Agree 1

Omg, this is embarrassing. 12 year-old confirms the worst cliches about germans. Neck's hurting from all the head shaking. :classic_dry:

Germany is available on Xbox Live. Just bought it to install. (On my dinner hour 😊

Posted (edited)

Il est sur le xboxstore depuis minuit mais pour tous les gars qui ont le contenu de luxe, il me demande de payer...@ChristinaMc?

Edited by Freddygore

So that's why the Tornado isn't present in the DR2 stage. Everything makes sense now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4