DiRTy Gossip Thread

Really, driving on gravel or snow is commendable... deserving of a prize. An advance on your time... Incredible. If CM ever withdraws from the world of video games, I will, too. They were always ahead of their time. Thank you, thank you;).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

I understand they've got a tweak coming for the heavy rain at night, i'm hoping soon.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I understand they've got a tweak coming for the heavy rain at night, i'm hoping soon.

discord?

• Agree 1

It's nice to check this place every now and then. Apparently you guys have chatted for 83 more pages since the last time I was here (in March) 😛 

4 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

how about one for everything that falls out of the sky?

light rain, heavy rain, snow... all look terrible for 2017, never mind 2019

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, UP100 said:

It's nice to check this place every now and then. Apparently you guys have chatted for 83 more pages since the last time I was here (in March) 😛 

Well, while you're here, you can give me an opinion for my pick for the next DLC car;

23 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Well, while you're here, you can give me an opinion for my pick for the next DLC car;

We already have a game for that. It even has dirt roads and floods 😛

image.png.b0cfbf24c334cfaf691fd96a2e48e5b6.png

waiting for page to load be like .. come forums sort it out

giphy.gif

• Haha 3
  • Agree 3

after long time,i played DR2.0, and notice, in Time Trail mode, you can't change time and weather for the DLC (Germany, Sweden, Monte) Location?

I am wondering why? thats older track, they should be able to change like other Newer Location?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

#NoS2000NoBuy

Looks good though.

Edited by Riggs
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Riggs said:

maybe more sim compare to the old ones i think and an inside cam too ! Maybe a return like toca !!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Watching that trailer immediately reminded me of this.

Edited by Riggs

24 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

shudder

Obviously an update of the original. Same track. Dunno but the graphics look a bit arcadey, too much colour.

1 hour ago, Freddygore said:

Did you see this grid 's gameplay ?

Looks really good !

https://youtu.be/zJhWJ9Nuz8Q

Lovely! The perfect fusion of the first GRID and GAS... At least interiors have cockpits.

It's bizarre that the Grid reboot even has the same cars (so the old models of the "new" Camaro, Challenger, etc.) I mean they're still cool cars and I guess technically no different from having a 1970 Camaro or whatever, but... it just seems odd to me because usually racing games featuring modern sports cars have the latest version of them, not 10 year old ones. I guess they are trying to make the least amount of work to launch the reboot by reusing as many old assets as possible.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, UP100 said:

We already have a game for that. It even has dirt roads and floods 😛

image.png.b0cfbf24c334cfaf691fd96a2e48e5b6.png

Heh, that game just went free on the Humble store.

8 hours ago, cafe5150 said:

Obviously an update of the original. Same track. Dunno but the graphics look a bit arcadey, too much colour.

Now the graphics are arcadey!? WHEN WILL THE POPCORN END!? The road made of mirror isn't great though.

6 hours ago, ShodanCat said:

It's bizarre that the Grid reboot even has the same cars (so the old models of the "new" Camaro, Challenger, etc.) I mean they're still cool cars and I guess technically no different from having a 1970 Camaro or whatever, but... it just seems odd to me because usually racing games featuring modern sports cars have the latest version of them, not 10 year old ones. I guess they are trying to make the least amount of work to launch the reboot by reusing as many old assets as possible.

I'm assuming the cars are remade though. Unless they had higher res versions they just kept on file. Reworking a car is usually just about as difficult and time consuming as making a new one.

Posted (edited)

I actually find the colors attractive. Doesn't mean it's arcadey. I prefer those colors than the ones washed out in previous Grids, makes everything more fun.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, Riggs said:

I actually find the colors attractive. Doesn't mean it's arcadey. I prefer those colors than the ones washed out in previous Grids, makes everything more fun.

I have all the Grids... they're all pretty colorful...

Used to quite like the Grid games, it was before I got a wheel though. What's the wheel support line with them generally? 

On 5/22/2019 at 7:09 PM, TRLAxeman said:

Even for rally? where it's only stage results data that is needed "i mean how hard can it be"

It's not "only stage results data", the other cars are running it.  There is a lot of changes that would have to be made to make it work, it would be rewriting the multiplayer system.

• Thanks 2

On 5/23/2019 at 12:26 AM, F2CMaDMaXX said:

They are tweaking the rain? News from the Discord server, I guess? Good to hear.

On 5/23/2019 at 12:04 PM, dani211212 said:

after long time,i played DR2.0, and notice, in Time Trail mode, you can't change time and weather for the DLC (Germany, Sweden, Monte) Location?

I am wondering why? thats older track, they should be able to change like other Newer Location?

Isnt time trial supposed to be optimum conditions so that everyone is on the same fair level? 

• Agree 2