DiRTy Gossip Thread

20 minutes ago, warpengage said:

They are tweaking the rain? News from the Discord server, I guess? Good to hear.

Yes

• Like 2

Just now, Riggs said:

Yes

heyho ūüėĄ

headlights???  stronger??

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

heyho ūüėĄ

headlights???  stronger??

Another team, i hope it gets sorted too ūüôā¬†specially the lighting problems mentioned in #1 bug.

Once we get those 2 issues fixed, plus the audio cut-outs, i think the game is set for good. These are the 3 major problems right now and everything else can be fixed meanwhile in a more chilled manner.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 3

11 hours ago, Decks said:

Used to quite like the Grid games, it was before I got a wheel though. What's the wheel support line with them generally? 

I didn't like the first one, but Grid 2 and Autosport work pretty well with a wheel. Grid 2 being more arcadey. If you played Dirt 2 or 3... or really any of the other CM racing games it's a familiar feeling.

• Thanks 1

Riggs, don't forget about championship resets. They have to either be prevented or there needs to be some information displayed to players that career modes are not offline and are prone to being reset. As long as there are people losing hours of their progress, because of it this, game won't be set for good.

• Agree 1

The championship resets are a nuisance, but they've been happening a lot less now. Besides, you may lose the current championship progress but theres no other losses (like credits, league demotion, etc).

But yes, for one that sees this happen it's a nuisance. I had it happen to myself in the first weeks but then it stopped completely.

On the other hand, I found the audio cuts to become more frequent for me.

Posted (edited)

DR2.0 50% off! (steam)

Until june 7th

ūü§®

Edited by elrojodp8

This is bad news lol. But hopefully it means more money cashing in.

46 minutes ago, Riggs said:

The championship resets are a nuisance

It's not a nuisance. Just look at the most helpful negative reviews on Steam. Most of them mention championship resets.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, elrojodp8 said:

DR2.0 50% off! (steam)

Until june 7th

ūü§®

Hmm... building up population for Season 3 customers? Or rather trying to amortize the cost of production, meaning not enough copies sold yet...?

ūü§∑‚Äć‚ôÄÔłŹ

4 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

Hmm... building up population for Season 3 customers? Or rather trying to amortize the cost of production, meaning not enough copies sold yet...?

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

Unfortunately i think it's the latter. I'm basing myself on the steamdb estimated sales, which besides being inaccurate and presenting an interval between 50K-100K, it's still pretty low. By this time it should be in the 150K-200K imo.

The low review score on Steam is surely affecting the sales a lot, it's "Mixed" right now, sitting at 64%. It went up from 62% in the past few days ever since the FFB patch, but it's still sitting behind DiRT4 (65%), which is absurd.

Seriously, if you guys are enjoying the game and see any future for it and you haven't dropped a review yet, please do. This is "our" game after all.

https://store.steampowered.com/recommended/recommendgame/690790

I wouldn't like to see this game die so quickly.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 14

It's 50% off on PS4 with a Plus subscription, 25% for non-Plus users. 

Myself and a few others I know have taken the opportunity to buy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Isnt time trial supposed to be optimum conditions so that everyone is on the same fair level? 

Yes, but there's usually a dry and a wet leaderboard. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Unfortunately i think it's the latter. I'm basing myself on the steamdb estimated sales, which besides being inaccurate and presenting an interval between 50K-100K, it's still pretty low. By this time it should be in the 150K-200K imo.

The low review score on Steam is surely affecting the sales a lot, it's "Mixed" right now, sitting at 64%. It went up from 62% in the past few days ever since the FFB patch, but it's still sitting behind DiRT4 (65%), which is absurd.

Seriously, if you guys are enjoying the game and see any future for it and you haven't dropped a review yet, please do. This is "our" game after all.

https://store.steampowered.com/recommended/recommendgame/690790

I wouldn't like to see this game die so quickly.

If it dies it's because of all the 'I haven't read anything about the game before I bought it so now I'm ****** that something is or isn't in the game/DLC'-people or the impatient little snobs who believe fixing an issue should be done in a matter of minutes, get angry when it's not and go on a rant. "FFB is not the best so it's the worst rally game in history." Give me a break!

Those are the entitled people who write bad reviews. The world would be such a better place if those people would move to the other side of the galaxy together with their small tedious brains. 

Edited by SimVansevenant
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 5

3 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Isnt time trial supposed to be optimum conditions so that everyone is on the same fair level? 

yeah, maybe, but on other side, other (non DLC) Location have time and weather change option..

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SimVansevenant said:

If it dies it's because of all the 'I haven't read anything about the game before I bought it so now I'm ****** that something is or isn't in the game/DLC'-people or the impatient little snobs who believe fixing an issue should be done in a matter of minutes, get angry when it's not and go on a rant. "FFB is not the best so it's the worst rally game in history." Give me a break!

Those are the entitled people who write bad reviews. The world would be such a better place if those people would move to the other side of the galaxy together with their small tedious brains. 

Especially the ones who don't own it or play it, but put in a poor review, join forums and jump on every negative post or comment and back it up and reinforce negative perceptions, slowing sales. Plenty of competition on the boards anyway, but many will have missed an amazing experience due to listening to rubbish.

Edited by Kembro
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, SimVansevenant said:

That's an annoying and apologetic outlook for making something seem better than it is.

People complaining about the game lacking things it never advertised is one thing, but people being upset that they spent money on a game they don't enjoy is valid. I don't play the game much because the FFB before the update was an utter bore and uninspiring. A few others of "significant" import have also put the game on hold. I'm certainly glad and appreciative of CM for letting me take part in the early stages and provide all of us last minute digital keys, which we weren't expecting.

CM is also very slow to respond to things, even if it is the higher ups immediately sending everyone on holiday the day of release and then taking the majority of the team to work on other products. We do have the forum, but the interaction between the devs and the community especially in this thread has practically vanished. I remember Paul, Christina, and Urgaffel in here constantly, just chatting and shooting ideas if not dropping hints. Now it's game release, flood the forums with feedback, and then eventually just a general "We're working on things" a month later. Half of that is probably due to the 2 week post launch vacation. Not that they don't deserve it.

Even if they did respond quicker, again, I'll blame the higher ups, but the team never seems to have enough time to actually do what properly needs to be done anyways. The games haven't really been shipping in an amazing state. It's annoying how the trend is to now push out games as fast as possible and maybe fix them later. I certainly don't have any insider knowledge, but there's been a lot of big key members bailing out of Codies.

Let's not forget Dirt 4 was supposed to get reasonable post-launch support, but there was almost none and the devs went pretty silent. Haven't seen the Mighty Craic since.

And then there's being ****** about DLC not being in the PS4 at exactly the right time.

• Agree 10

8 hours ago, JZStudios said:

That's an annoying and apologetic outlook for making something seem better than it is.

People complaining about the game lacking things it never advertised is one thing, but people being upset that they spent money on a game they don't enjoy is valid. I don't play the game much because the FFB before the update was an utter bore and uninspiring. A few others of "significant" import have also put the game on hold. I'm certainly glad and appreciative of CM for letting me take part in the early stages and provide all of us last minute digital keys, which we weren't expecting.

CM is also very slow to respond to things, even if it is the higher ups immediately sending everyone on holiday the day of release and then taking the majority of the team to work on other products. We do have the forum, but the interaction between the devs and the community especially in this thread has practically vanished. I remember Paul, Christina, and Urgaffel in here constantly, just chatting and shooting ideas if not dropping hints. Now it's game release, flood the forums with feedback, and then eventually just a general "We're working on things" a month later. Half of that is probably due to the 2 week post launch vacation. Not that they don't deserve it.

Even if they did respond quicker, again, I'll blame the higher ups, but the team never seems to have enough time to actually do what properly needs to be done anyways. The games haven't really been shipping in an amazing state. It's annoying how the trend is to now push out games as fast as possible and maybe fix them later. I certainly don't have any insider knowledge, but there's been a lot of big key members bailing out of Codies.

Let's not forget Dirt 4 was supposed to get reasonable post-launch support, but there was almost none and the devs went pretty silent. Haven't seen the Mighty Craic since.

And then there's being ****** about DLC not being in the PS4 at exactly the right time.

Two things about the (lack of)communication. 

- This is not Early Access. You can't compare this release to DR. 

- Codemasters went on the stock market since Dirt Rally. This legally limits what they can communicate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

on todays rgt germany¬† daily i managed to get 3 punctures in a time. i challenge you to do better!!!!¬† ūüėā

Edited by teknoid85
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Let's not forget Dirt 4 was supposed to get reasonable post-launch support, but there was almost none and the devsÔĽŅ went pretty silent. Haven't seen the Mighty Craic since.

DiRT Rally, the original one, was created by the passion of a few members of the team, and it was mainly an experiment on which the higher ups weren't particularly interested at the start. 

DiRT Rally 2.0 was a game directed and decided by the higher ups and the developers had to sort of live with this. 

In the end, the public, the players and the reviewers can still tell the difference. DR2.0 is good, but it somehow lacks the soul the original had, and that was what told DR1 apart from all other games

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 3

and is the H1 class improved????    feels mini and fulvia have a bit more fast accelleration now... 

Dirt Rally 2.0 is much more in every way than the original. Dirt Rally could not even air the wheels of this Dirt Rally 2.0.

• Agree 4

10 minutes ago, Keko55 said:

Dirt Rally 2.0 is much more in every way than the original. Dirt Rally could not even air the wheels of this Dirt Rally 2.0.

it's so rewarding compared to the first dr1, in wich  it was more a fight versus the wonky physics, rather than the opponents.

in dr 2.0 you also have  a lot more confidence on how much you can push a car to the limits without crashing

also setups are a lot more effective

and evry car has the correct physics,  specially the rwd cars now behave a lot better than in the first title

it really annoys me that this game don't get the right  approval

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 5

They only have themselves to blame. The game is far from finished even now. Thats what you get when you release in a subpar status.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 2