DiRTy Gossip Thread

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, DocStrangelove said:

You don't see the abyss so you don't brake as much

joking apart,  in argentina all is grey... road,rocks,cliffs,bridges+ the ecxessive shaking make you barely focus on the road on some stages.   i wish the devs give us the opportunity to set down shakings more than it's now possible  ( and on dashcam also)

@cmMikeRobson

Edited by teknoid85

22 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????  😂

He means that the engine develops more power during nights which are cooler.  Which is true for turbocharged engines.  Though this is definitely not going to be part of the game simulation (as he also suspects). 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bn880 said:

He means that the engine develops more power during nights which are cooler.  Which is true for turbocharged engines.  Though this is definitely not going to be part of the game simulation (as he also suspects). 

yeah, that's because i was arguing his response 🙂

Edited by teknoid85

Finally got to try Germany the past couple of days. 

Absolutely great fun in the M1 and the RGT cars! So much better than Spain. I love drifting through those junctions and hairpins! 

• Agree 2

On 5/26/2019 at 8:22 PM, gfRally said:

So last weekend I was in at the Southern Ohio Forest Rally, took some pix, thought I would share.  Not as good as @ttbst 's photos, but I like what I got.

Full album here:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/181663275@N04/3Po5U5

Interestingly there are quite a few Fiesta R5 cars showing up here in the US now.  There where 4 plus a hybrid shell with Mitsubishi engine (cheaper) - and this was a super regional, not a national event.  

sofr2019-1.jpg

sofr2019-12.jpg

sofr2019-15.jpg

sofr2019-20.jpg

sofr2019-21.jpg

sofr2019-22.jpg

sofr2019-33.jpg

I was there man ,loved it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree 1

On 5/27/2019 at 11:44 AM, cjr3559 said:

I’m in Columbus.  Chillicothe is 50 miles away, and Portsmouth is another 50 from there. It would probably take me 90 minutes getting to some of the backroad spectator locations. Assuming parking is possible on the road side somewhere?

Small world , in Columbus too.Ive been to STPR many of times .Whos going this year in the fall ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madhun1967 said:

Small world , in Columbus too.Ive been to STPR many of times .Whos going this year in the fall ?

Ohio represent! I may be a few hours north of you both, but I've been trying to find some buddies who'd be willing to go down and see it this year because it seems like a great time!

• Like 1

Nice nice ! Lets do it.I can just post here a day before i go up onFriday.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Madhun1967 said:

I'm going to try my best to make it,  I've been there almost every year for the past 10, it a beautiful location.  ++ Solberg this year

Edited by gfRally

Pin them down on too-dark shadows and let's get that fixed up! It sucks not being able to see anything in so much of the game!

The rain fix will be in the next patch. It wasn't confirmed until recently so I didn't want to say anything in case it got pushed back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, watzcoc said:

When is next patch

Soon™ Imagem relacionada

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, watzcoc said:

Soon as in next week, two weeks

There is this that shows some dates:

The rain will definitely be in the Latvia patch, but it might be in the one before that, I can't actually remember and I'm off sick so can't go over and ask

DirtRally2Season2-Plan.jpg

Edited by urgaffel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

any screenshots of the fixed rain effects? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, urgaffel said:

The rain fix will be in the next patch. It wasn't confirmed until recently so I didn't want to say anything in case it got pushed back.

Nice! Thanks for keeping DR2.0 humming along. Will the rain fix also include fixes for the missing windshield (windscreen :classic_happy:) droplet effects? 

14 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

Nice! Thanks for keeping DR2.0 humming along. Will the rain fix also include fixes for the missing windshield (windscreen :classic_happy:) droplet effects? 

What missing windshield droplets?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Rain fix ...great

Needs:

Headlight brightness, frame rates and Blurry graphics on console; and before anyone tries to be a troll on my post, I played the first dirt rally on my day one Xbox and it was smooth....it's the game, not my Xbox or my TV. Plus lots of little bugs but the first few I mentioned would be appreciated soon...it's really making the game and new content a bummer to play and am likely not to purchase from this company again. Many good companies in the past have fallen from bad products at release and terrible follow up. Just look at some of the older titles that were big at one point...I love rally racing and hope they do right by their fans.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, urgaffel said:

What missing windshield droplets?

OK, I know you're not feeling well and some of the overly-harsh criticism wears on you and your mates at CM, but this is the kind of thing that's frustrating. There's a thread, made by Christina, specifically for bug reporting. This was reported there and more than once. Does no one from CM read those threads and report the bugs to the people who can actually effect changes?

Anyway, the bug is that in anything but "heavy rain" weather settings, there are no droplets on the glass in the cockpit views. Try it yourself right now. Set up a custom championship so you can choose any of the rain settings except heavy rain, then turn your wipers off (just for ease of visibility of the windscreen effects.) There are no droplets, save for a few scattered around the edge of the wiper contact area. It's been like this since launch.

You could also check out Dirt 4 to see how the rain effects should look. It's almost like in DR2, heavy rain setting = D4's light rain windshield effects and light rain setting = no rain windshield effects.

Edited by ShodanCat
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

OK, I know you're not feeling well and some of the overly-harsh criticism wears on you and your mates at CM, but this is the kind of thing that's frustrating. There's a thread, made by Christina, specifically for bug reporting. This was reported there and more than once. Does no one from CM read those threads and report the bugs to the people who can actually effect changes?

Anyway, the bug is that in anything but "heavy rain" weather settings, there are no droplets on the glass in the cockpit views. Try it yourself right now. Set up a custom championship so you can choose any of the rain settings except heavy rain, then turn your wipers off (just for ease of visibility of the windscreen effects.) There are no droplets, save for a few scattered around the edge of the wiper contact area. It's been like this since launch.

You could also check out Dirt 4 to see how the rain effects should look. It's almost like in DR2, heavy rain setting = D4's light rain windshield effects and light rain setting = no rain windshield effects.

This video would disagree with you:

Maybe check your graphics settings?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

That's the maximum amount of droplets that appear on the windscreen though, so there's literally no reason to turn on the wipers.

Guys, offtopic, rally Portugal, anyone atending?

Posted (edited)

I have a video processing to Youtube right now to show what I mean. Will link when it's ready.

edit: @urgaffel Video uploaded. Click timestamps in the description to go straight to each of the weather settings. I know compression makes things sucky to look at, but you can still see the raindrops aren't what they should be. Heavy rain does have them, but they are very light and you don't even need the wipers on to drive in it (totally different compared to Dirt 4.) Max settings on PC, 2080 Ti, also tried on my other PC w/ 980 Ti, same thing there. 165hz display at 100+fps.

Edited by ShodanCat
  • Thanks 2