DiRTy Gossip Thread

1 hour ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

The tarmac? the concrete? or the cobbles?

The tarmac

8 minutes ago, Chewy21398 said:

The tarmac

Loaded, tested:

1) night germany

2) all 3 surfaces

3) headlights on and off

4) brightness normal and all the way up

Noted no brown in any of the palettes for the road surfaces, your monitor is dying, you have a custom colour setup or you're having a stroke.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Chewy21398 said:

Does anyone else feel that the Germany at night time the tarmac looks like it’s unfinised and brown and off putting?

what?

your seeing things, looks fine

• Agree 1

@PJTierney: Since it seems that responds much more information content than we are used to, here is a question that the community continues to ask: what kind of hope can you give us regarding the following seasons (3.4, etc.)? Are they a reality or simply an illusion on our part?

• Agree 1

Does anyone know if they will fix the AI?? Masters championship is nearly impossible... In Dirt Rally, I had no problem...

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, elrojodp8 said:

@PJTierney: Since it seems that responds much more information content than we are used to, here is a question that the community continues to ask: what kind of hope can you give us regarding the following seasons (3.4, etc.)? Are they a reality or simply an illusion on our part?

I'm paraphrasing here, but he mentioned something along the lines of can't say if there will be more seasons or not, but they're sure they'll have plenty of stuff to keep us entertained.

• Agree 4

4 hours ago, badaboum528 said:

Does anyone know if they will fix the AI?? Masters championship is nearly impossible... In Dirt Rally, I had no problem...

Which class are you using? With a couple of exceptions (the FWD classes for H2 and R2), I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the AI.

They're mighty challenging, and personally I have to fight for every championship point, but that’s the idea. I certainly hope it doesn’t become easier to allow everyone to win; it has far greater longevity at the moment and that’s a key reason I play season after season (along with the randomly generated championship rounds).

• Agree 4

11 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Which class are you using? With a couple of exceptions (the FWD classes for H2 and R2), I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the AI.

They're mighty challenging, and personally I have to fight for every championship point, but that’s the idea. I certainly hope it doesn’t become easier to allow everyone to win; it has far greater longevity at the moment and that’s a key reason I play season after season (along with the randomly generated championship rounds).

Are you using a wheel setup? I personally find it a little too off putting using gamepad. Specially the faster stages. A slider to adjust difficulty would be a nice feature. I wish we could generally adjust things according to input devices.

2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I'm paraphrasing here, but he mentioned something along the lines of can't say if there will be more seasons or not, but they're sure they'll have plenty of stuff to keep us entertained.

Yup.

Season 2 has just started, so let’s focus on that for now 😉

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Yup.

**** high and watch !!or better focus on dirt rally 3.0 ,or better give it to the russian that made the assetto truly a game and may be the force be with you ,,

• Confused 5
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, nasoduko said:

**** high and watch !!or better focus on dirt rally 3.0 ,or better give it to the russian that made the assetto truly a game and may be the force be with you ,,

Nobody understood a thing. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, bogani said:

not my problem :classic_cool:

and you didnt! that makes you to check your iq ...

Edited by nasoduko
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 6

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, bogani said:

True except for the part about letting the Russians take control. I don't think this a particularly good idea. There might be some who would improve it but the risk of running the game into the ground is more likely to happen. No offence to any of Russians but, historically speaking, giving power to the Russians hasn't worked out well in most cases (both in gaming and real history). Not trying to insult anyone, just stating facts.

Edited by SimVansevenant

1 minute ago, SimVansevenant said:

True except for the part of letting the Russians take control. I don't think this a particularly good idea. There might be some who would improve it but the risk of running the game in the ground is more likely to happen. No offence to any of Russians but, historically speaking, giving power to the Russians hasn't worked out well in most cases (both in gaming and real history). Not trying to insult anyone, just stating facts.

have you played assetto corsa via content manager recently ?

30 minutes ago, nasoduko said:

not my problem :classic_cool:

and you didnt! that makes you to check your iq ...

Actually it is your problem. If most people can't understand what you're saying, you need to communicate more clearly.

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

I'm using Group A. You do have a really good point! But I think that Group A also has broken AI and it depends of the location! For example, Poland is impossible. By the way, I always finish with top 50 times worldwide and i'm still at the bottom of the pack!

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Yup.

Are you aware of a fix for the AI in career mode?

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, badaboum528 said:

Are you aware of a fix for the AI in career mode?

Can you be more specific?

• Rally or Rallycross
  • Difficulty Level
  • Too fast or too slow etc.?

"Fix ________" can mean a lot of things, so specifics are always better 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Can you be more specific?

• Rally or Rallycross
  • Difficulty Level
  • Too fast or too slow etc.?

"Fix ________" can mean a lot of things, so specifics are always better 🙂 

I think he’s referring to Masters AI times (rally mode) being quicker than the world record human times, so unless you are capable of setting world record pace you don’t stand a chance of winning. 

Having said that, Spain and Germany are significantly easier to win on, similar story to Dr1, in that the AI seem less competitive on tarmac compared to other surfaces. 

Another issue is the h1, h2 fwd times being too quick, i think that’s pretty much across all difficulties (not just Master’s). 

Ai was rating in the top 3 of the various polls for fixes that were going round the forum a few months back.

Christina did respond to AI queries not long after the game cane out, saying any work on the AI “would be a big undertaking”, so it may be on the devs radar already, but they may not have the resources to look into every issue to be fair. 

9 hours ago, badaboum528 said:

Edited by Pieman99
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

i know but im reffering to that theres not only one bug ,there are a lot that 5 months now ,all we see is people changing here and promises but no fixes ,,

and ok they fix the ffb at list i got to mention that ,,

ps:i hope i speak more clearly for the people that dont understand !me friend ,i come in peace

Edited by nasoduko

The internet can be a scary place at times. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

It has been said countless times that the dlc content rollout has no significative impact on bug fixing.

And saying they haven't fixed anything, is at least an understatement.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Read on here yesterday that we were getting a new location - Latvia. Very excited about that.....

Until I got home and rad the in game announcement properly and realised it's rallycross.

Which reminds me, what's with the rallycross daily events? I tried a few and been the only car on the track. Do I need to qualify or are they meant to be just time trials?

Not too bothered, I'm not really interested in circuit racing (well, except for Wreckfest) but as I've paid for the content I like to at least try it out.

1 minute ago, Smithers1968 said:

Read on here yesterday that we were getting a new location - Latvia. Very excited about that.....

Until I got home and rad the in game announcement properly and realised it's rallycross.

Which reminds me, what's with the rallycross daily events? I tried a few and been the only car on the track. Do I need to qualify or are they meant to be just time trials?

Not too bothered, I'm not really interested in circuit racing (well, except for Wreckfest) but as I've paid for the content I like to at least try it out.

Just time trials mate.