DiRTy Gossip Thread

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

There's gossip material in the Roadbook today :classic_ninja:

I wonder what it could be then. As I have no idea if i see the roadbook. 2019 WRX content? Nordschleife content? or maybe something was mentioned in Jon's video.

5 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

A good car 🙂

THEY'RE ALL GOOD CARS.

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, PJTierney said:

There's gossip material in the Roadbook today :classic_ninja:

"As a quick tease, there’s one car in particular that is expected to have updated audio in Version 1.6."

The news that 1.6 is on the way, audio updates are coming or something else?... 

...really hope that 1.6 fixes the last of the trophy issues. That platinum beckons! 

34 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

"As a quick tease, there’s one car in particular that is expected to have updated audio in Version 1.6."

The news that 1.6 is on the way, audio updates are coming or something else?... 

...really hope that 1.6 fixes the last of the trophy issues. That platinum beckons! 

Its sound for Skoda Fabia maybe?

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

It's a car that got featured in at least 2 other Codemasters games, so the Fabia isn't it as this is the first game it's featured.

Edited by Riggs

audio for a car that's already in the game is gossip? I hope we're not that desperate.

very off-topic sidenote: have gone and gotten the CTR remaster and it's amazing if you're into that sort of thing. ooooor for more 4-player split-screen racing but like rollcage, check out Grip. it's on Steam, Switch and PS4 and it's also amazing.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, ianism said:

audio for a car that's already in the game is gossip? I hope we're not that desperate.

That's exactly the kind of thing the DiRTy Gossip thread was created for, a place for Codies to drop clues about new content and forum members to guess what they mean.

Like this

4 hours ago, dani211212 said:

3 hours ago, Riggs said:

It's a car that got featured in at least 2 other Codemasters games, so the Fabia isn't it as this is the first game it's featured.

2 other Codies games, or 2 other DiRT games? Could be the Evo 6

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

maybe its the SUBARU Impreza ?, it was tweeted somewhere as sound recording a month ago or so, but that should not be "big deal", as it was known?

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

maybe its the SUBARU Impreza ?, it was tweeted somewhere as sound recording a month ago or so, but that should not be "big deal", as it was known?

The Impreza that was being recorded would be a brand new addition to the game, the roadbook suggests that it is a car already in the game that is getting a tweak.

The S14 Impreza will hopefully be getting an audio tweak, as it's not right at the moment. 

Edited by tbtstt

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Could be the Evo 6

I'm not sure if it was Codemasters or DiRT. I recall people going back to CMR series so probably Codemasters rally game, as we even brought back the gossip of the 206 back from the dust. :classic_biggrin:

@Evo6 sound:

Imagem relacionada

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, tbtstt said:

The Impreza that was being recorded would be a brand new addition to the game, the roadbook suggests that it is a car already in the game that is getting a tweak.

The S14 Impreza will hopefully be getting an audio tweak, as it's not right at the moment. 

What's not right about it?  It's the real thing 😉

5 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

What's not right about it?  It's the real thing 😉

The audio was recorded from a real S14 @F2CMaDMaXX, but the turbo noise currently occurs at the wrong time in DR2.0. 

At the moment you get compressor stall ("chatter") from the turbo far too frequently. The real S14 doesn't do that. Pretty sure that the CM audio gurus are aware of the error though and are going to address it. 

• Like 1

I suspect GRiDy Gossip rather than DiRTy Gossip, but Codemasters recording another car:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Off topic : I would like to thank @PJTierney for his work.

I actually enjoyed Cristina’s work, but now we have much more publications or news and it’s nicely enjoyable!

On topic : maybe a 206 or a Xsara ! 😁

Edited by JamesMcAdam
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

9 hours ago, tbtstt said:

The audio was recorded from a real S14 @F2CMaDMaXX, but the turbo noise currently occurs at the wrong time in DR2.0. 

At the moment you get compressor stall ("chatter") from the turbo far too frequently. The real S14 doesn't do that. Pretty sure that the CM audio gurus are aware of the error though and are going to address it. 

Fixed already in last patch :)

2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Fixed already in last patch :)

I tried the S14 this afternoon: it's not fixed. 

5 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I tried the S14 this afternoon: it's not fixed. 

Interesting, i don't get any chatter from it anymore.

31 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Interesting, i don't get any chatter from it anymore.

I'll double check later, but I am 99% certain it was still doing it earlier. 

I must admit I didn't look at the patch notes for 1.5, was the Impreza audio mentioned in there? 

There was nothing about it in the patch logs, unless they magically fixed it and didn't mention it in the notes like many other things.

13 minutes ago, Riggs said:

There was nothing about it in the patch logs, unless they magically fixed it and didn't mention it in the notes like many other things.

Yeah, i'm poking @PJTierney to try and work on the patch notes to be at least somewhat complete.  It looks good for CM as well as let's us see plenty of stuff getting fixed/changed.

• Agree 1

Been hitting that subject as well.

2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Yeah, i'm poking @PJTierney to try and work on the patch notes to be at least somewhat complete.  It looks good for CM as well as let's us see plenty of stuff getting fixed/changed.

Right, I just checked and I can confirm that the S14 Impreza sound is unchanged on the PS4. Is this something that should have changed in all versions with v1.5 @PJTierney

• Like 1