DiRTy Gossip Thread

8 minutes ago, ianism said:

weird. I've put 250 hours into this game so far and I've had that audio bug (or one like it) exactly once.

I play on a laptop with just the built-in speakers, sometimes with headphones.

I get the impression it has something to do with my setup.

Maybe because it's installed on a external HD?

Or maybe just X-Box players are more effected by that.

The only thing I could try is to completely deinstall the game + all the DLC's, but I doubt that would change anything.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Maybe because it's installed on a external HD?

Yeah that could definitely be an issue. How is it hooked up? The xbox usb controller might just not be able to handle it on certain sections of the game with really high memory usage. Audio could be the thing it drops to free up room and doesn't get a chance to reset itself until next stage.

Posted (edited)

I've seen more people with audio issues when usb is involved.  I've seen someone on ps4 have it more often when their headset was plugged into the controlled vs the console itself.

I'm on PC so not a good comparison, but i use a "real" soundcard that doesn't use the CPU for processing, and a 3.5mm connection.  I've lost sound *once* in ~240 hours of play.

Edited by F2CMaDMaXX

1 hour ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I've seen more people with audio issues when usb is involved.  I've seen someone on ps4 have it more often when their headset was plugged into the controlled vs the console itself.

I'm on PC so not a good comparison, but i use a "real" soundcard that doesn't use the CPU for processing, and a 3.5mm connection.  I've lost sound *once* in ~240 hours of play.

Is the sound bug also present in ps4? Been playing almost everyday and never had such issue, i though it was a pc only bug...

Nah, it's across the platforms, but after they tweaked stuff, it's considerably less widespread, though those that do get it, can get it a lot, it's weirdly oddly specific.

• Thanks 1

I play on a One X with the game installed to an external HD and an Elite controller that is more often than not plugged in with the charging cable. After a few hours of almost daily play, I have never had any sound issues. 

This is why bugs like this are so difficult for devs to fix. They don’t always affect everyone and they are hard to replicate so finding the source of the issue isn’t a simple task. 

• Agree 1

That Castrol livery looked great, also on the Ibiza RX.

btw, Codemasters seem to be testing with VR, saw on Jon’s IG stories he was busy with Oculus. 

Not that I have VR, but for the guys who desperately want it 😛

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Nah, it's across the platforms, but after they tweaked stuff, it's considerably less widespread, though those that do get it, can get it a lot, it's weirdly oddly specific.

Then i guess i'm just a lucky guy... Never experienced the sound bug... Thanks for the info

Edited by Opassac

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

This sounds interesting as well

F67026DF-B600-495E-9307-39AAE349AA83.jpeg.e96453bfac06a4d7e73c0284de498bd4.jpeg

so he's not saying yes and not saying no. so they might be looking into it? meh would rather have the Hyundai

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, JorritVD said:

saw on Jon’s IG stories he was busy with Oculus. 

I saw him drive a bit of VR today, it was scary fast 😮 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, JorritVD said:

This sounds interesting as well

F67026DF-B600-495E-9307-39AAE349AA83.jpeg.e96453bfac06a4d7e73c0284de498bd4.jpeg

maybe its the standard notepad reply. if you ever ask a dev salesman anything you are taught never say never. always seems like theres a possibility then. saying no shuts the door.saying maybe keeps it open.

Edited by dgeesi0
  • Agree 4

26 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Heading to the weekend like...

ezgif-1-cbe0cca0121a.gif.1e6d8a4c5c6bafa96b821cc2e5c6d3d5.gif

Colin McRae's Pro Skater 2.0, available now at all good game stores (and a few dodgy ones too).

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Heading to the weekend like...

ezgif-1-cbe0cca0121a.gif.1e6d8a4c5c6bafa96b821cc2e5c6d3d5.gif

would it be possible to link to that livery? I liiike

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ianism said:

would it be possible to link to that livery? I liiike

It's a standard livery on the NR4 Impreza 😉 I think the Fiesta R5, Fiesta R2 and some more might have this livery as well. 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Haha 1

Btw, some inspiration for cars to add to the NR4 class, or to reintroduce the "Open" class from DiRT 3:
https://www.facebook.com/sportdytko

Dytko makes Proto cars, basically it is a bodyshell with Lancer Evo X mechanical parts. So it is a Evo, but with a different body.
Though i think a lot of us prefer other cars, but this might be an interestion option, also to avoid WRC licensing.

Nissan Micra
Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto

Fiesta MK8
Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto en buitenAfbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto, gras, buiten en natuur

Suzuki Swift
Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto, lucht en buiten

Yaris
Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto en buiten

C3

Lancer Evo 11?

Audi A1

They also have more types of bodyshell: Hyundai i20 (old gen), Peugeot 208 (new model), Mitshibishi Mirage, VW Polo, Mazda 2, Fiesta MK7 ...
I think all car is possible 🙂

A ready car starts from 50.000 euro. But also very easy to built a RX Supercar

Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto en tekst51563393_1263888480425310_5821117709122797568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQmFc9cUt5Ev1qKYc3XRpSVI5t66SypDQ7atMmbU-65zD7u716BvU7WOhiDBgBA6HDw&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=d41513f36fe8ce4ccc1a7a661031a96c&oe=5DB14C54

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Speaking of Subarus...

Untitled.png

• Agree 1

do we get Wales at midnight or what? I can't wait any more dammit