DiRTy Gossip Thread

21 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

(and did the layout of the Mettet rallycross track make it to the Community Request list as well?)

Along with making the Mettet start lights actually work 🙂 

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

I've no problem with people requesting things that would make the game perfect for them, so long as it's done in a constructive manner 🙂 

I hope my suggestions/requests have been constructive enough, if so, than people could use it as an example.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, AhcannyC said:

Honestly.. I would do the dashcam implementation for free XD it’s really quite simple using the camera mod tool, but it doesn’t work on the encrypted DLC.

if the developers themselves can’t or won’t do it, why not allow modding tools or get the community LIKE YOU OR I to do the work for them for free.

A good example of this is wreckfest. They released track mod tools, and a bunch of users created tracks that were SO good the developers actually added the tracks as official content in a recent update. There is no reason why codies couldn’t have a similar approach. 

honestly being here a lot of months ,i have offer them  to translate in greek the game ,i have told them many times to fix the cameras for all cars not only the locked ones , for free so it would have more options in all directions,and also i have asked the dash on the right to be more center for us having widescreens ,

the camera thing is 10 minutes job for the locked ones  cars ,they could just give me ,fix them and give them back ,they just dont care ,

they call me toxic ,this is a codemaster forum ,only cm-lovers should talk ,so behave cause you will be banned as me in the past,  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Isn't there already a dash cam between the roof and drivers seat cam?

8 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Might still come, But not as paid DLC 

Really hoping it does, that was the car I was looking forward to most!

Edited by mwoodski

4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Is there a small contingent of people who want dash cam who have suddenly found their voice, or is one person just starting new accounts on the forum to make their point? 

B

• Haha 2

The choice of doing an all-RX season 4 is interesting. I don't know if they did that because they found out that people have a high interest in WRX, or because they had some contractual obbligation. 

I mean, I don't know how many players actually care about the minor differences between the 2018 and the 2019 versions of those cars, apart from WRX enthusiasts 

5 minutes ago, carpa said:

I mean, I don't know how many players actually care about the minor differences between the 2018 and the 2019 versions of those cars, apart from WRX enthusiasts 

There are a few of us here, but I don't know how great our numbers are! 😄

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BendyWater said:

I think the differences are subtle and more locations and tracks. I’d like to see more retro cars and liveries.

Based on what is known about the specification of the 2019 WRX cars then, in theory, the changes on the 208 and S1 should be very subtle (if any).

The Mk.8 (OMSE) Fiesta should handle a little differently to the 2018 car, and the STARD Mk.7 and Mk.8 Fiestas should have a little more grunt than their OMSE equivalent. 

The 2019 Megane handling should be different.

The Clio and the Ibiza should be the most interesting element of the Season 4 2019 WRX roster. On the occasions when it hasn't broken (which haven't been that often), the Clio has looked very quick and Raymond has been posting top three times. I am looking forward to seeing it in game. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BendyWater said:

Hmm yea, there will be differences for sure! But are those differences really enough to warrant the a new (paid) DLC car that’s incredibly similar and wasn’t a complete rebuild vs a new track 😉

Oh yeah. I can appreciate that the addition of 2019 content isn't going to appeal to the masses. I know there are a handful of us here who are excited by it, but I am not sure how many others will be! 

I assume that CM will be offering individual item pricing (as they have for seasons 1 and 2), so those who aren't bothered about seeing another batch of rallycross Supercars can just buy the rally bits from season 3 that they want. 

Edited by tbtstt

2 hours ago, Chewy21398 said:

@PJTierney shouldn't of said that ive a list of content lol, but the games great!! P.s Ireland;)

new locations are highly unlikely, and Jon Armstrong already said Ireland was not coming to the game.

26 minutes ago, BendyWater said:

Hmm yea, there will be differences for sure! But are those differences really enough to warrant the a new (paid) DLC car that’s incredibly similar and wasn’t a complete rebuild vs a new track 😉

Personally, I would rather take the existing cars out on some new content, than take a new car out on the same old content we have been driving since... forever 🙂 

yea, I'm a fan of RX and I'm not really interested in those new additions other than the Clio and mayyyybe the Ibiza

8 minutes ago, BendyWater said:

those tracks are amazing fun with crazy jumps and there’s nothin wrong with a sim also being fun 🙂

Fun? I am pretty sure that isn't allowed in a sim. 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BendyWater said:

Well of course these words are frowned upon here, and I’m risking a lot by saying them, but seriously...

Have some fun man, it’s hostile and depressing in here 🙂

why so serious!

I think some people in here actually think they really are actual real life rally drivers or something , I picture some of them talking to the excel spreadsheet they keep of their activity as they LARP their way through the day 🙂 ...

It’s just a toy game man, that we play with toy wheels and controllers, have some fun fellow humans do a frickin barrel roll now and again 🙂 its not realistic anyway, it’s a toy game we play in our down time for Schmitz and giggles.

lol tbtstt was totally being sarcastic with the "sims can't be fun" comment 😉

totally agree on you saying some sim drivers (including people on here) taking stuff waaay too seriously though.

how is adding content from old games like how Forza Horizon does DLC? F Horizon games add completely new areas and cars ... there was no Lego FH3 or hot wheels in FH2. I like the idea of adding content from older Dirt games, but we already did that with DR1 stuff and anything else is not happening because it's too old (D3 or earlier) and they'd have to build new physics (D4 Landrush - also nobody wants this)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

B

Maybe a bit of both – possibly every time someone new mentions it, many of the others who've asked for it in the past show up to voice their support of the idea. Count me in that group 🙂 

Edited by caerphoto

I don’t know if you will understand me. I communicate through a translator. In DR1, before the next division, a timer began to tick, which showed whether you were in time for the next section. It was convenient. I don’t understand why this timer is not in DR2?

2060043355_2019-08-13204009.thumb.jpg.80b0c64bbd8675392d366e0d0267d366.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, mwoodski said:

Isn't there already a dash cam between the roof and drivers seat cam?

dash cam that shows rpm,km in the middle ?

8 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Is there a small contingent of people who want dash cam who have suddenly found their voice, or is one person just starting new accounts on the forum to make their point? 

I still want dash cam. I don't like any of the camera views in game, but I also don't like how it controls either so I really haven't been playing.

7 hours ago, nPiipo said:

I just feel like some people are trying to find these small things that are "wrong" with the game and then they start shouting at everyone that they won't buy the game. Not many people do so, but it's really annoying when Codies have to deal with these people when they could be actually making the game even better. Yes, the dashcam would be nice, but there are bigger issues in the game.

I almost hate to say it, and I don't know how the Ego engine works with cam positions, but considering it worked perfectly fine in DR and D4 and no one complained about it, they changed it for no reason to a form that universally seems to be less liked, and it should be really easy to just input the same values from DR and D4. It should only take less than 2 hours max, probably less than 1.

But maybe Ego is super weird about changing camera positions, which I'm doubting since they added in the ability to move it around in 3D space. Guaranteed the devs can turn off the bounding limits and in game move the camera to a good position and save the value.

7 hours ago, bogani said:

In cars where the steering/seat is built really far back in the cockpit, those are the cars that you're going to end up really far back in head cam as head cam is simulating where you're head should be. 

That said, I've been pestering the devs about bringing the old dash cam back since early pre testing. It's just a very good compromise to have it placed on the actual dashboard. 

No need to adjust the current dashcam, just give us an additional dash cam a la DR1. 

The issue is in game now there's "head cam" and "cockpit cam" which are almost identical except the FOV on one is massively more shallow and isn't affected by the FOV slider. I can't imagine why they thought that was a good idea.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BendyWater said:

Well of course these words are frowned upon here, and I’m risking a lot by saying them, but seriously...

Have some fun man, it’s hostile and depressing in here 🙂

why so serious!

I think some people in here actually think they really are actual real life rally drivers or something , I picture some of them talking to the excel spreadsheet they keep of their activity as they LARP their way through the day 🙂 ...

It’s just a toy game man, that we play with toy wheels and controllers, have some fun fellow humans do a frickin barrel roll now and again 🙂 its not realistic anyway, it’s a toy game we play in our down time for Schmitz and giggles.

NEIN!

You play flight sims? You ask ATC for clearance and traffic control, take-off, do **** all for 5 hours while flying, then talk to ATC for clearance and traffic control and land. Do it again.

Sims aren't for fun.

Rally driving isn't fun. I've never seen a rally driver smile. Filthy masochists. I'm surprised they don't dress like Slipknot.

• Haha 6

On 8/12/2019 at 6:12 PM, Steverex said:

I think someone was asking for dates of the content. I have it here 😛

67812195_2062182660554030_8034620952992022528_o.jpg

Great News, for me DLC is ending with 5. November Finland rally. season 4 is not my case..

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

25 minutes ago, Steverex said:

@PJTierney

Do you know if we can buy the hole season at once or we need to wait until the last item comes out? 

I think it was said there will be a pass that works the same as the S1/S2 pass; this you can buy any time and you get each piece of the content on the date shown in the promo material. So something every two weeks for 4 months, basically!

Ya, like something similar to deluxe edition. I know we can buy each item separately, but I wanted like pay at once and every two weeks, receive the packs automatically 

1 hour ago, Steverex said:

@PJTierney

Do you know if we can buy the hole season at once or we need to wait until the last item comes out? 

seems like there are 3 options:

• Season 3 + Season 4 together
  • Seasons 1, 2, 3 + 4 together
  • buy every thing you want individually.

basically, people who don't want RX (or Rally, but this is a very small group) are stuck buying stuff they don't want or buying things individually. personally I kind of wish there was an option to buy just Season 3 or just Season 4.

• Agree 7

So how do we know the 206 is the wrc car and not a kitcar?

3 minutes ago, chukonu said:

So how do we know the 206 is the wrc car and not a kitcar?

They have used the word "Rally" in place of "WRC" in the past. 

Plus an article from some time ago indicated that CM had modelled a car that was mounted on a wall: that was subsequently determined to be a 206 WRC, not a kit car.

• Agree 3