DiRTy Gossip Thread

There's a media event at Lydden Hill today where Liam Doran will show off his car:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=725330040845548&set=a.686071188104767.1073741840.173362692708955&type=1&stream_ref=10

I think also Andrew Jordan will show his vehicle for his World RX apperance: 
https://twitter.com/AndrewJordan77/status/455741231306649600
https://twitter.com/bigteduk/status/455813597713944576/photo/1

On April 23rd World RX is having a big media day in Italy so if RX was to be officially licensed in the next game maybe it would be announced there.

Maybe I should stop getting my hopes up... This Blog tease could be for Grid/TOCA game

Would be cool if he had his RS200 there aswell :D

Azoresst said:
Looks like is not today that we have a DiRT game announced!  :P
No not today :P,

Just keep in mind that the have 3 big titles that we produce and I never hinted that it could be DiRT, I'll fess up to totally dropping hints all over the place as to what we're up to and unless you want me to stop that I'll carry on. 

I'd hate for you guys to feel like we've (I've) let you down. Just try to feel assured that me @JonTucker, @KickUp and loads of other people have jobs still :)

Also you're still missing loads of clues :P

Just keep in mind that the have 3 big titles that we produce and I never hinted that it could be DiRT, I'll fess up to totally dropping hints all over the place as to what we're up to and unless you want me to stop that I'll carry on. 

I'd hate for you guys to feel like we've (I've) let you down. Just try to feel assured that me @JonTucker, @KickUp and loads of other people have jobs still :)

I see :) Then this week we'll not see DiRT news - I suspect that it will have something to do with the GRID series (that's based on @Loore doing a final countdown to something :) )

Last night I went back 12 months through @dirtgame and @KickUp timelines and while I have spotted some little hints the forum prevented me from adding them to the original post because number of characters in 'un-urled' links was too much.

If there are loads of clues then I need help @justbiglee :)

I see :) Then this week we'll not see DiRT news - I suspect that it will have something to do with the GRID series (that's based on @Loore doing a final countdown to something :) )

Last night I went back 12 months through @dirtgame and @KickUp timelines and while I have spotted some little hints the forum prevented me from adding them to the original post because number of characters in 'un-urled' links was too much.

If there are loads of clues then I need help @justbiglee :)

I'll look into that forum thing, didn't know it even had a limit on that :/ You should be able to add them as a new post though.

couger1981 said: Would be cool if he had his RS200 there aswell :D

Both the Doran RS200's belong to Pat (Liams Dad!).

Been looking at the news from Lydden today, but nothing major so far. I have just been told that rallycross will be getting a feature on tonights local news: doubt they will launch a new game there!   

Still some major unknowns with regards to Liam's World Rallycross team, which I guess we'll hear more on when the World Championship is officially launched on the 23rd.

In Rallycross related news I just spotted this article over on Racingist:

http://racingist.com/2014/04/15/inside-line-david-binks/

Its an interview with David Binks and contains a few interesting lines mid-interview, specifically:

"...we are working with some great people throughout the year in WRX and with Codemasters on some exciting stuff"

Surely that must be DiRT 4?

I've seen a few hints from @kickup on twitter, but obviously nothing is confirmed yet. It's clearly something very exciting that they're working on. Just wonder when I'll get to have a go, hopefully very soon...  :-bd

This was one of Pauls tweets I wanted to find (and just have). I asked about the possibility of implementing launch control in the game for certain cars, such as WRC, R5 etc...

and this was the reply

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/431874511743770625

Could've been on the wind up, but would be a cool little feature.

This was another tweet, when I asked if anything HADN'T been included

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/431876493791465473

and in reference to 'joker' laps in Rallycross

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/431881048218435584

So there's some more hints, to get your minds going! 
#:-S

Great stuff in here! Looking forward to reading all these interviews, and loving that Tom Cave video (Especially after watching the DMACK Cup the other day)

The only bit of ‘gossip’ I have to add right this moment is a re-tweet from (I think, BigLee..? Sorry I’m new round here :-) )

“We’re also a huge fan of Benjaminaward this week that tweeted us a link to the awesome photos he took at this year’s Rally Sweden. We’ve already put them in a special folder marked “Reference Photos”, (don’t know why, DiRT Team must be up to something too). If you’d like to check out Benjamin’s photos you can here

I’m sure I have more somewhere in my notes from a similar thread I made a few weeks back on a different site (I won’t linky in case that’s not the ‘done thing’ round here)

Azoresst said:
Looks like is not today that we have a DiRT game announced!  :P

@justbiglee Well, what about new hints? :P

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/455376259326181376

This one is the nearest to the last Codies blog article! :-@

tbtstt said:

Been looking at the news from Lydden today, but nothing major so far. I have just been told that rallycross will be getting a feature on tonights local news: doubt they will launch a new game there!   

Still some major unknowns with regards to Liam's World Rallycross team, which I guess we'll hear more on when the World Championship is officially launched on the 23rd.

Its an interview with David Binks and contains a few interesting lines mid-interview, specifically:

"...we are working with some great people throughout the year in WRX and with Codemasters on some exciting stuff"

Should say his R200 Pikes peak

tbtstt said:

Yeah, thats the ex-Dieter Knuttel shell Pat bought a couple of years back, such a mean looking car! Liam "borrowed" it from Pat to use at Pikes Peak, but then couldn't make it due to a scheduling conflict so Pat ended up running. Pat is to return to Pikes Peak with the RS200 again this year.  

Pats original rallycross RS200 is currently undergoing a rebuild and will run in the Retro Rallycross Challenge here in the UK later this year.

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:

Yeah, thats the ex-Dieter Knuttel shell Pat bought a couple of years back, such a mean looking car! Liam "borrowed" it from Pat to use at Pikes Peak, but then couldn't make it due to a scheduling conflict so Pat ended up running. Pat is to return to Pikes Peak with the RS200 again this year.  

Pats original rallycross RS200 is currently undergoing a rebuild and will run in the Retro Rallycross Challenge here in the UK later this year.

It does look like a beast :D

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:

It does look like a beast :D

It ran at Lydden once before they heavily modified it...

...and I've seen it on display a few times, but never seen it running in its full Monster configuration: apparently its too loud to be taken on track!

Dear fellow DiRTy Gossipers, Based on: - justbiglee's post about devs 'not wanting to disappoint' us - @Loore‌ tweet with 'Final countdown - @Loore‌ 's post: No GRID announcement 'THiS' week (in italics!) which to me suggests next week - a number of @‌gridgame tweets about TOCA today I'm concluding my gossip prediction that there will be no DiRT related announcements this week or next or maybe even any time soon... :(

Pay no attention to Ben he's a bigger troll than I am :P

You're on to some good stuff here in this thread guys and it sounds weird but watching you pull out different bits of info and how you interpret it is really useful to me and us as a whole, it lets us know that we're doing the right or wrong things.

So don't focus on when we're saying something, take a look at what we're actually saying and talk about that.

You've found most of the right pieces you just need to put them together now :)

Think the annoucement is for the F1 2013 game being released for Mac?
Don't think so... This was announced on March 6th and the blog was wrote on April 11th!

No GRID announcement 'THiS' week
Quick check of the GRID pages, shows it's being spelt as GRID, a quick scan of the DiRT pages has a certain Community Manager specifying that DiRT is spelt DiRT and they get upset if someone incorrectly spells it as Dirt, because the brand name is DiRT. I haven't read any of the other forums on the new site, so I don't know how much leaking and winding up of forum members is going on over the release of other titles, but...

"THiS" and...
So don't focus on when we're saying something,  take a LOOK AT WHAT WE'RE ACTUALLY SAYING and talk about that.

To me, implies DiRT 4 announcement next week.

Now gimme a cookie
:D

Azoresst said:
Think the annoucement is for the F1 2013 game being released for Mac?
Don't think so... This was announced on March 6th and the blog was wrote on April 11th!
I got a email from Codemaster's today about the Game being released on Mac.

WinnieP said:

(I won’t linky in case that’s not the ‘done thing’ round here)

link away - thats what the button is for :)

I was thinking more on the lines of people thinking I was poaching users for another forum ;-p http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-General/DiRT-4/m-p/21097953#M106019

Had a quick look last night but couldn’t find the notes I’d deliberately left out (for fear of bogging it down) From what I remember MastaVonBlasta has already got them in their OP or they were really old bits from the pre/post Showdown stuff about it heading back to its rally routes (roots), I’m sure there was another that grabbed my attention from the Codies blog..? 

Work and now the bank holiday may slow me down, but I'll keep looking  ;-)

No GRID announcement 'THiS' week
Quick check of the GRID pages, shows it's being spelt as GRID, a quick scan of the DiRT pages has a certain Community Manager specifying that DiRT is spelt DiRT and they get upset if someone incorrectly spells it as Dirt, because the brand name is DiRT. I haven't read any of the other forums on the new site, so I don't know how much leaking and winding up of forum members is going on over the release of other titles, but...

"THiS" and...
So don't focus on when we're saying something,  take a LOOK AT WHAT WE'RE ACTUALLY SAYING and talk about that.

To me, implies DiRT 4 announcement next week.

Now gimme a cookie
:D
Whoa!

Now it gets really interesting!

I wrote my post using a phone - you can see that it's not as pretty as I usually make them :P

@Loore 's post was actually:
No announcements this week.

It is possible that when typing in THIS I have typed in THiS...
Or maybe someone with appropriate forum powers changed that to be THiS... When someone edits their own post there's red line 'edited by xxx on xxx'. Would that show if a forum BOSS (e.g. @justbiglee ...) edited a post by a normal forum user?

This situation is either some spy work or coincidence that I did not write i in capitals...

@MastaVonBlasta - As tempting as it is to mess with peoples post's sometimes, its something we wont do unless its to remove something offensive but in most cases we just remove the whole post.

With great power comes great responsibility. 

'Getting builds ready' would suggest that they are getting something ready to show, either to press or for play testing. It seems a bit too soon for a Grid announcement for me, as codemasters tend to have games in development for much longer than a year before they make any announcements.