DiRTy Gossip Thread

789ifyz said:
@couger1981‌, isn't every car they post about a hint?
Don't think so, they are posting other games like Grid aswell.

@couger1981, Those tend to be retweets, but ok, you're probably right.

789ifyz said:
#Jon Tucker Rally
Not sure we can afford that licence, he's a big name superstar now.

@justbiglee Hahaha! That's okay, but I think you should still consider it.

PS. does anyone know why the Easter Holidays were a week early in London compared to the rest of UK (or at least England)?
Not that it's a bad thing. I did get 2 extra days off College thanks to that...

PSS, can someone tell me what PS actually stands for?

dotmartin said:
789ifyz said:
PSS, can someone tell me what PS actually stands for?
Post Scriptum, I think. 

@docmartin, thanks. Somehow that reply reminded me that I have access to Google and you add indeed course, PS does stand for post script. I think. Thank you vw much for actually responding and not just asking why I didn't just Google it earlier.................................................. Now all that's left is to find out why Easter hols were early .............................................................. PS, still waiting on a fix for mobile forum formatting and paragraph spacing, @justbiglee. I hope u can find the time to do it soon!

So another week bites the dust :) Time for more overly hopeful analysis of dev tweets :)

Courtesy of @JonTucker we have: 

https://twitter.com/jontucker1/status/461979895829377026

and

https://twitter.com/jontucker1/status/462490525208416256

The way I read the above is that perhaps a new tyre/surface model was tried last week and maybe it turned out rather well :)

In case you haven't read Handling Chronicles from GRID last week the tyre model is absolutely key to how handling feels in the game and any improvements are good news!
Hopefully the DiRTi team is taking note of how the development is progressing to give us some insight once the game is announced

Hopefully the DiRTi team is taking note of how the development is progressing to give us some insight once the game is announced
I'm sure they are. Although Jon's on holiday this week, so doubt you'll see many hints from him this week ;)

@rallycameraman I think Grid Autosport has sucked the wind out of DiRT for a little while

gfRally said:
@rallycameraman I think Grid Autosport has sucked the wind out of DiRT for a little while
Publicly perhaps... Let's just say I'm very happy with how things are moving along with DiRT ;)

gfRally said:
No we're still going, its been one of those weeks where there is a lot of the behind scenes stuff going on and its taken up so much of my time I haven't been able to do the kind of stuff I normally do.

Don't worry I'll get back to teasing you soon.

Nice one @gfRally to get some attention from the Codies ;D

Just as @KickUp is saying there won't be much publicity for a rally game until Autosport comes out, but it seems the DiRTi team is hard at work :)

Let me read too much into more tweets :)

Here we have @justbiglee mentioning a podcast in planning stages, one can presume it will be DiRT related
https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/463786731787923456

Mr @justbiglee has also updated his Twitter page cover/background to what I'm pretty sure is a photo of the rallycross track in Hell in Norway. Hint anyone?

Okay so this may be a bit far fetched but still likely: yesterday I have kindly asked for some bean spilling on the next DiRT game and @JonTucker accused Art Director Harvey Parker of being guilty of bean spillage in the past.

Harvey Parker as a reply posted a cool looking photo from Bombay (Mumbai?):
https://twitter.com/MrHarveyParker/status/463793710090575874

So from what I know Mumbai based Reliance Entertainment has a majority stake in Codemasters. Perhaps Harvey was showing off the advances in game art and technology to company owners to give them a taste of what is to come. 
Another explanation is that Harvey was on holiday in Mumbai.

@mastonvonblasta (cool name BTW) I was really just thinking the media stuff as @kickup said, didn't think DiRT team was taken away to support GRID, I am sure this happens to some degree at crunch time, but I did stir the pot a little  >:) not on purpose of course, or was it?  

Gee this post is almost as general and vague as a @biglee post (kidding)   :P

Oh yeah, also @mastavonblasta, interesting theory, ever make it a hobby to figure out the Kennedy assassination?

This thread is a bit more lively now. Can always rely on @MastaVonBlasta‌ to inject some hilarity and wild theories.
Big thanks for the LOL reactions guys, but you can laugh all you want until a long awaited day when at least one of my theories will be confirmed... I hope.

Mr @justbiglee has also updated his Twitter page cover/background to what I'm pretty sure is a photo of the rallycross track in Hell in Norway. Hint anyone?
Good spot: definately looks like turns 1 and 2 of the Hell track! Got my fingers crossed this is a hint of whats to come.

tbtstt said:
Good spot: definately looks like turns 1 and 2 of the Hell track! Got my fingers crossed this is a hint of whats to come.
Is Hell the track with the big blind jump on it? If so, that would be one cool track to race on.

tbtstt said:
Is Hell the track with the big blind jump on it? If so, that would be one cool track to race on.
Höljesbanan has a couple of blind crest/jumps at corners :)

KickUp said:
Höljesbanan has a couple of blind crest/jumps at corners :)
That is Sweden, isn't it? :D
Aha! Interesting wording in the above statement, definitely short of a confirmation. A hint nevertheless :D