DiRTy Gossip Thread

Might be my confirmation bias speaking, but some of the footage in that video looks more like it was using the simulation handling too.

WD40 livery for the Fiesta is an interesting one. For those that don't know, that's a livery seen around a few UK rallies in real life.

I think the WD40 car was at Autosport International a couple of years ago

Busterbvi said:
@KickUp I did ask before but maybe overlooked. Is it possible to give us the option of having the cars spot lights fitted in daylight ? Rally cars look so much more complete with them fitted.

We'll only be fitting them at the service before night stages. Sorry. 

Might be my confirmation bias speaking, but some of the footage in that video looks more like it was using the simulation handling too.

WD40 livery for the Fiesta is an interesting one. For those that don't know, that's a livery seen around a few UK rallies in real life.

What a crap picture. Bet it was a right dickhead who took that... ;)  Really glad to see the WD40 livery on the Fiesta R5, it's a cool looking rally car! 

The Focus RS RX looks so good, can't wait to get my hands on it. Nice to see a little snippet of Loheac as well. 

@KickUp, will the Hyundai be available for day one pre-order steam as well? Because I'll pre-order the game the day it get's into steam!

And... the Dashboard on the Fiesta is still wrong :P

Couple of questions concerning the new pre-order information. The first one has been asked by others:

1. Is the Hyundai i20 R5 only going to be available for those who pre-order, or does the pre-order just gift players with the car sooner than you would get it by playing through the game?

2. Am I right saying that there are three pre-order packages available:

- Day One edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery and Founder Icon)
- Day One edition 
(Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery and Founder Icon) plus steelbook 
- Special Edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery, Founder Icon, and Team Booster Pack

So the steelbook is only available with the Day One edition, not the Special Edition? 

Thats all very detailed looking.  Will the Xbox One pack enough punch to keep up with the new game?

Didzis said:
Does RX-Lites (or RX2 or whatever it's called) consist of only Fiestas?
Yeah. They can barely be classed as Fiestas though! 

Didzis said:
Does RX-Lites (or RX2 or whatever it's called) consist of only Fiestas?
Yep. It's a one make championship
They look like Fiestas but they are actually mid engined 4WD spaceframe chassis with a Fiesta silhouette bodyshell. 

I bet the i20 is just available from the get go for pre orders. Locking it completely would be utterly silly.

About the Hyundai i20 R5:

As far as I understand it will be like the Mini Pack from DiRT Rally console release. Full acess to the car from day one and acess to an "exclusive" online community Hyundai Event taking place between 9th-11th of June.

Edit: See comment below

tbtstt said:
Couple of questions concerning the new pre-order information. The first one has been asked by others:

1. Is the Hyundai i20 R5 only going to be available for those who pre-order, or does the pre-order just gift players with the car sooner than you would get it by playing through the game?

- Day One edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery and Founder Icon) plus steelbook 
- Special Edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery, Founder Icon, and Team Booster Pack) 

So the steelbook is only available with the Day One edition, not the Special Edition? 
You'll need to preorder to get the Hyundai. It may become available to purchase at a later date but for now the only way to get it is to pre order. 

@KickUp, will the Hyundai be available for day one pre-order steam as well? Because I'll pre-order the game the day it get's into steam!
I don't know for sure but I guess so. 

I know its a bad word around here, Sounds like DLC in the future.  A unique event and a Car that may be bought later (not confirmed). 

I will shut up now

KickUp said:
You'll need to preorder to get the Hyundai. It may become available to purchase at a later date but for now the only way to get it is to pre order. 

I think there's some kind of thing with pre order bonuses that they have to become available for purchase for everybody else at a later stage

Huh, definitely was not expecting that about the Hyundai. It will probs act a timed exclusive and become separate DLC later on. 

Still, a tiny bit unfortunate, now i wonder who forced this idea.

It would be interesting to see how much more the special edition costs compared to the reguilar version. I remember a game where every copy was the special edition.

KickUp said:
tbtstt said:

- Day One edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery and Founder Icon) plus steelbook 
- Special Edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery, Founder Icon, and Team Booster Pack) 

Thanks for the clarification @KickUp. Have I read the situation with the pre-order bundles correctly as well? 

It would be interesting to see how much more the special edition costs compared to the reguilar version. I remember a game where every copy was the special edition.
Was that Far Cry 3 by any chance? I remember pre-ordering the game for PC off Amazon for £30 and turned out it was the special edition with a book, special survival pack type thing and a bobblehead. Pre-orders sold out pretty fast lol. I couldn't believe I got a special edition of a brand new game for only £30...