DiRTy Gossip Thread

JZStudios said:

Didzis said:

In German V=F, S=Z, Z=C :D There's probably some more, but that's what I remember from school :D  

Well, for me it doesn't really matter how you pronounce each letter specifically in German, because at the end of the day... it all sounds like an order to shoot somebody. Especially the names of christmas :D

Just a small note, since this is kind of a running joke in Poland about the German language (along with the one that there aren't any woman in Germany xD). Best to just ignore this post... completely... why did I even post this again?

I'm just not sure I get the no woman thing... maybe it's a European thing.

Implying that all german women look like men I suppose  :D

KevM said:

KevM said:

Can you name YourStage saved stages?                            

I believe you can name stages you save for private use, but not those you share with others. Paul can correct me on this if I'm mistaken.

It'd be cool if we could save, name and share Pseudo-Rallies for friends etc.  

We could have virtual Donegal or Killarney multiplayer, based on selected Spanish tarmac etc.  

Not essential but it would be nice!

This is true. We let you name your stages locally but when you share them we don't share the name to avoid people sharing offensively named stages.  

human1101 said:

@KickUp I just noticed that in the steam feature list there is multiplayer, as well as online multiplayer, does that mean hotseat got included?

It's Asynchronous and Live multiplayer versions.  

KickUp said:

KevM said:

KevM said:

I believe you can name stages you save for private use, but not those you share with others. Paul can correct me on this if I'm mistaken.

We could have virtual Donegal or Killarney multiplayer, based on selected Spanish tarmac etc.  

This is true. We let you name your stages locally but when you share them we don't share the name to avoid people sharing offensively named stages.  

This whole waiting thing is starting to get to me..  :'(

bogani said:

KevM said:

New Wales makes old Wales look pish, & in reality, it's far from pish

What in the hell does pish mean? :O

:D http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pish

KickUp said:

KevM said:

KevM said:

Here I was thinking that it was to have some sort of uniformity in the naming of stages. Sounds a bit PC to me. :/

Rygar86 said:

KickUp said:

KevM said:

KevM said:

Here I was thinking that it was to have some sort of uniformity in the naming of stages. Sounds a bit PC to me. :/

If we allowed people to write offensive names then we wouldn't be allowed to release the game. 

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

KickUp said:

KevM said:

KevM said:

If we allowed people to write offensive names then we wouldn't be allowed to release the game. 

Okay, i didnt realise this. So this is a condition that Sony and Microsoft and Steam enforce?

Rygar86 said:

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

KickUp said:

KevM said:

KevM said:

Okay, i didnt realise this. So this is a condition that Sony and Microsoft and Steam enforce?

Yup

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

KickUp said:

KevM said:

KevM said:

And we all know how people are. Would be a shitload of genital stages around the locations.

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said

KickUp said:

KevM said:

KevM said:

Yup

Okay, thanks for explaining. I suppose they are more concerned about hate speech than they even are about swear words. Its a shame though  :|

KickUp said:

KevM said:

KevM said:

So, we can name & save our stages locally.  It shouldn't be too hard to send out our own 'roadbook' with Rally & stage names via forum/group chat etc

When setting up group rallies, how selective can we be when using saved stages?  
Can we literally mix, match & pick anything we have previously saved or are created rallies location/surface specific?

bogani said:

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

KickUp said:

KevM said:

KevM said:

And we all know how people are. Would be a shitload of genital stages around the locations.

Mabye a few, wouldnt bother me though. But people are easily offended these days and companies are well aware of this, hence the condition Codies is forced to comply with.

Just pre-ordered Dirt 4 -- hooray!

Now the really hard wait begins with every time I open my Steam Library...  :/

bogani said:
Kinda like I picture all polish men with a short haircut, in trainers smoking a cigarette while saying kurwa ;)

That's actually quite close. Just change the trainers to jeans and cigarette to beer and you've a perfect image of majority of polish men xD

bogani said:
Kinda like I picture all polish men with a short haircut, in trainers smoking a cigarette while saying kurwa ;)

That's actually quite close. Just change the trainers to jeans and cigarette to beer and you've a perfect image of majority of polish men xD

So the fashion has evolved from trainers to jean in rescent years? ;)

bogani said:

A very brief moment of 2001 Impreza gameplay at the end of the video.

https://youtu.be/HOX3rP5zOQw

Shame you couldn't hear it because it sounds spot on now too 

Hurray! Looking forward to hearing that engine sound. Thought I'd preorder DiRT 4 myself, even though it doesn't seem to have VR support from day one. 

Replays are going to be awesome!             

bogani said:

A very brief moment of 2001 Impreza gameplay at the end of the video.

https://youtu.be/HOX3rP5zOQw

Shame you couldn't hear it because it sounds spot on now too 

Would be cool to see a list of which cars use recordings from the actual car :)

@soundfx

Maybe an idea to get the AP4 regulations into the game? (as addition to the R5 and R4 :)

JorritVD said:

Maybe an idea to get the AP4 regulations into the game? (as addition to the R5 and R4 :)

Although the AP4 cars are very interesting and unique, I don't see a reason for Codemasters to add a national rally class (AP4 is only used in New Zealand AFAIK) into the game. I would rather like to see some world-widely popular rally cars people have been asking for to be added into the existing classes. :) 

I agree. Only problem is that licensing might stay a big problem in the future when we're talking about populair missing cars. So in that case it would be better then nothing I guess.