DiRTy Gossip Thread

Ferranis said:
I must say from the videos this looks really, really promising! And when watching these videos... the stages make the most difference. I really love the generated approach from d4 ... but the handmade stages beat your stage. 

Honestly its the same with Dirt Rally and D4. I played DR for 600 hours and only then driving the same stages got repetetive - the d4 ones kinda feel this way now :/ ... After 60 hours or so.
I would like both, Career with real stages, and also your stage using the tiles of the stages, imagine if you put in a single game every Stage of SLRE, WRC 7, DiRT Rally and DiRT 4 and also make tiles of them, it would be infinite gaming LOL

sqdstr said:
sqdstr said:
https://youtu.be/8aXBZ4M5KzY
Clear winner, I had more hopes with the WRC 7 progress.
Watching that video you value what D4 is
I have to admit that I do like the engine sound of that Fiesta R5 more in WRC 7 than D4 though...
In Dirt 4, its the real sound of the Fiesta R5...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmFpl1RakAU

Fiesta R5's sound much deeper than how they sound in D4.
Yes it might be recorded from a real car, it still doesn't sound close to the real deal.
It doesn't sound even close to the version in WRC7. Thats my point!

Well that was an anti climax, WRC7 drives as crap as WRC6 with regards to ffb on a steering wheel - what a let down, as usual all the YouTube vids by people with pre release copies were a load of ball cocks !!!!!!

Now that's disappointing :-/ I thought they said they had made WRC7 with wheels in mind.

They really did capture the look and feel of each location in WRC7 from what I've seen so far. I'm reluctantly dreaming of what codies could have done with the license...

Dytut said:
Now that's disappointing :-/ I thought they said they had made WRC7 with wheels in mind.
One very strange thing with it is if you have the PS4 controller set to turn off to save the battery it disconnects the wheel when it turns off? 
Im using the Fanatec CSL elite PS4 and at least the rev lights and gear indicator work on it but it doesn't make up for the hovercraft style handling. Maybe it feels different on a Thrustmaster we will have to wait and see?

Yeah I saw a review where they mentioned that the game was thrustmaster certified and I have a T300 wheel. I'm on the PC so I'll get it and give it a go tonight. Those epic stages do seem awesome even if the handling isn't the greatest.

madwak said:
Dytut said:
One very strange thing with it is if you have the PS4 controller set to turn off to save the battery it disconnects the wheel when it turns off? 
Im using the Fanatec CSL elite PS4 and at least the rev lights and gear indicator work on it but it doesn't make up for the hovercraft style handling. Maybe it feels different on a Thrustmaster we will have to wait and see?
I have a G29 and the default wheel settings in WRC 6 were atrocious. Took a lot of fiddling to get it decent. Try messing with steering sensitivity. That setting was very wierd in 6. They might have fixed it, but in 6 I found 25% to be a sweet spot.

They still haven't announced supported peripherals so we don't even know if your wheel is supported.

This looks pretty good!

https://youtu.be/54IF-OR9HqY 

bogani said:
This looks pretty good!

https://youtu.be/54IF-OR9HqY 

This guy doesn't seem to know that little invention called handbrake...and the car seems to oversteer (a thing lots of people complained about when watching the first D4 vids...)
Think it's time that codies get that licence for WRC...

Looks decent. One thing that bothers me a bit is that the 1:38 on that run (that had quite a few mistakes) is quite a bit faster than the 1:44 on the IRL run.

Dytut said:
Looks decent. One thing that bothers me a bit is that the 1:38 on that run (that had quite a few mistakes) is quite a bit faster than the 1:44 on the IRL run.
Yeah, but how accurate are the stage itself? It's obviously not laser scanned.
Performance wise, it's not intended as a hardcore sim by any means anyway.

Hmhmhm, played it for a hour. This game definitely has something!

Pro:
-> The stages are more than awesome
-> Graphics are decent
-> No handholding, do or die
-> Gravel/Engine sounds are good

Cons:
-> The game seems to always stutter a bit, changed about every setting and couldn't find anything against it. Its not the fps though
-> Driving with a wheel seems to take a lot of fiddling in the settings to get a good feeling (haven't found the best settings yet)
-> The handbrake is wierd and does only induce very little oversteer
-> The driving physics are decent, but far from D4 or DR
-> The codriver... we don't talk about the codriver...

All in all I will continue to play it as a second game behind D4, in the hope that some of the rough edges get fixed.

Finally someone who can drive:

https://youtu.be/lNVYz6fhMgU

Looking forward to vids from some of you DR fans. I have to wait until the 26th.  :(

bogani said:
They really did capture the look and feel of each location in WRC7 from what I've seen so far. I'm reluctantly dreaming of what codies could have done with the license...
4km stages out of puzzle game generator :P

@Porkhammer Since for whatever reason Dirt 4 doesnt have a car setup workshop unlike Dirt Rally had - do you have a setup for michigan and the Subaru 1995? It drives terrible. It understeers like hell and the AI seems to not have this problem o.o
Or is this car in general a bad Group A car? I thought the Subaru was one of the best rally cars :/

Finally someone who can drive:

https://youtu.be/lNVYz6fhMgU

Looking forward to vids from some of you DR fans. I have to wait until the 26th.  :(
The land mines in the road every 10 metres is fckn annoying though..

KevM said:
Dgeesio will be on shortly with an initial review.
im very impressed. graphics look very nice handling once you had a few goes is pretty nice but dont expect to dive straight in and be like colin mcrae. can feel weight of the cars ive driven and the narrowness on tracks is what ive wanted for ages in a rally game. i brought this for £20 on cdkeys its the best rally game already i played since dirt rally and ive only done three stages.now back to rally.uploading video soon of world record run.only thing i cant do at moment is get handbrake set up to how i want it so im scandy flicking but thats no biggie.games brilliant.for 20 quid its better than anything i played as said since dirt rally.its best game theyve made.

dgeesi0 said:
KevM said:
im very impressed. graphics look very nice handling once you had a few goes is pretty nice but dont expect to dive straight in and be like colin mcrae. can feel weight of the cars ive driven and the narrowness on tracks is what ive wanted for ages in a rally game. i brought this for £20 on cdkeys its the best rally game already i played since dirt rally and ive only done three stages.now back to rally.uploading video soon of world record run.only thing i cant do at moment is get handbrake set up to how i want it so im scandy flicking but thats no biggie.games brilliant.for 20 quid its better than anything i played as said since dirt rally.its best game theyve made.

That's great and also weird to hear in a way :D
I noticed from your WR video with the 2016 Polo R in Mexico that you press a lot the brakes (judging by the rear lights). Can I ask you why? It seemed a bit excessive to me but I'd like to hear your opinion (I'm not saying you drive badly, that was a great run and great drive)

@dgeesi0 you have videos? Where can I watch them?

Forget it! Found you on the video thread. Sorry for the inconvenience!

carpa said:
dgeesi0 said:
KevM said:

That's great and also weird to hear in a way :D
I noticed from your WR video with the 2016 Polo R in Mexico that you press a lot the brakes (judging by the rear lights). Can I ask you why? It seemed a bit excessive to me but I'd like to hear your opinion (I'm not saying you drive badly, that was a great run and great drive)
not same as dirt rally or dirt 4 so adjusting to how it plays.if you like me its all or nothing.so i can be a bit flat footed. tarmac is great just trying to get the car to turn in quicker.cant map my handbrake at moment so im having to try flick can in.still paying with steering wheel settings to get best outcome.

how tight some events are really make the game.will upload a tarmac one next.