DiRTy Gossip Thread

FlattJern said:
Don't know what game you guys are playing but i've just requested a refund on Steam. Absolutely horrible physics. Terrible FFB, and **** vehicle sounds as per usual. Another year of disappointment.
I agree. The game is horrible. The input lag is totally killing the handling. 
The shortest review you ever need: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdhInvUmJjE
That’s steering animation lag instead of input lag. I use cockpit cam and experience the same behavior (although it isn’t really that bad on my system as in the video) especially when counter-steering but the car reacts to my inputs way ahead of the animation. It seems like the steering animation goes through some input filters because it seems to have some speed-sensitivity and I actually feel like the animation has some kind of ”maximum animation speed” because no matter how quickly you turn the wheel the animation always plays at some limited speed. Quite annoying I have to say but I haven’t felt like it’s actual input lag so it isn’t a game breaker for me.

FlattJern said:
Don't know what game you guys are playing but i've just requested a refund on Steam. Absolutely horrible physics. Terrible FFB, and **** vehicle sounds as per usual. Another year of disappointment.
I saw the same things in tons of videos, but is it just lag between your input and the virtual driver or is it real input lag, where the car actually takes a while to respond to input? I ask because I see it in off-screen videos but it doesn't seem to affect the handling at all.
It feels like it looks..

Operator1 said:

I'm genuinely wondering how they can keep up the costs of licensing, development, & publishing with such low sales figures & such bad reception.

Some of the WRC 7 videos look good, but I also can't help but wonder why anyone would be confident enough to buy WRC 7 after such bad showings with WRC 5 & 6. I'm also wondering how good the post-launch support WRC 7 might be.

I guess I'm just having trouble evaluating whether or not I would consider buying WRC 7 at some point because it looks good but the series also appears to have a sketchy history.

I don't think costs are that high. Licensing will be all related to wrc rather than individual car brands (I assume), the dev team isn't huge, and clearly they aren't paying enough for publishing because it is a shambles with the frustrating staggered release (clearly I'm salty I can't play it yet).
I've enjoyed wrc6. Clearly it's not perfect but it doesn't have to be perfect to be fun so I'm one of those people confident enough to get wrc7. If your a fan of the wrc, and not really into sim racing, then wrc7 seems to be a good choice.
Post launch support will likely be s*** tbh. It was not great for the previous two.

Slowish said:
The lack of multiple controller input support is keeping me from trying WRC7. Unless I can figure out how to use everything with an emulator - it's a no go.  I posted a request in the SLI-max Manager Pro forums to see if it's possible.
Oh god damn, I was just about to buy but that reminded me why I couldn't play earlier titles.  No multiple controllers.  My clubsport pedals go in separately from my wheel and I couldn't map them.  Is that still the case

Operator1 said:
I'm genuinely wondering how they can keep up the costs of licensing, development, & publishing with such low sales figures & such bad reception.

Some of the WRC 7 videos look good, but I also can't help but wonder why anyone would be confident enough to buy WRC 7 after such bad showings with WRC 5 & 6. I'm also wondering how good the post-launch support WRC 7 might be.

I guess I'm just having trouble evaluating whether or not I would consider buying WRC 7 at some point because it looks good but the series also appears to have a sketchy history.
I don't think costs are that high. Licensing will be all related to wrc rather than individual car brands (I assume), the dev team isn't huge, and clearly they aren't paying enough for publishing because it is a shambles with the frustrating staggered release (clearly I'm salty I can't play it yet).
I've enjoyed wrc6. Clearly it's not perfect but it doesn't have to be perfect to be fun so I'm one of those people confident enough to get wrc7. If your a fan of the wrc, and not really into sim racing, then wrc7 seems to be a good choice.
Post launch support will likely be s*** tbh. It was not great for the previous two.

Thanks for the response. I don't expect games to be perfect, but at a minimum, I expect them to function reliably without high-impact issues preventing proper game-play. I don't demand 100% hardcore authentic/realistic simulation - I just like games to deliver an enjoyably fun recreational experience.

FlattJern said:
What sort of video settings you using? being somewhat a console focused game I suspect that the engine of WRC 7 might be quite reliant on fixed 60FPS and vsync on for consistent results, the only thing I can think of that can explain such varied "responses" people are having to it.

Not quite sold on getting WRC 7 yet, gotta wait for everyones initial "rose tinted" responses to wear off, just like with Dirt 4 :)

@Operator1: Shocking stats! If true, I guess I'm as surprised as you about how they've been able to hold on.

Still, a good game can easily dispell memories of a previous poor game.

And an observation: The results of the WRC series in the last few years makes me cringe every time I see a YouTube comment "Just give the license to Codemasters". I doubt this is an easy license to deal with as a developer. Kylotonn looks like they're finally getting near where they always wanted to be. But is the journey to get here and the uncertain future worth it? Where do they go with WRC8?

Time will tell.

griev0r said:
Slowish said:
The lack of multiple controller input support is keeping me from trying WRC7. Unless I can figure out how to use everything with an emulator - it's a no go.  I posted a request in the SLI-max Manager Pro forums to see if it's possible.
Oh god damn, I was just about to buy but that reminded me why I couldn't play earlier titles.  No multiple controllers.  My clubsport pedals go in separately from my wheel and I couldn't map them.  Is that still the case
I believe it's still the case with WRC7 but, even worse because it's not going to recognize the OSW I'm using without a custom wheel option anyway. I've been waiting for a chance to use this phrase: "This is why we can't have nice things!":o

ISR at 13:30 talks about the multiple peripheral problems. I don't game on PC so I can't comment but it might be useful to someone:

https://youtu.be/HF8mdMNfXPc

There are definitely issues with multi input. It lets me map the throttle and brake to my csv3 pedals but only sees them as a button and not an axis. I'm to tired to care or figure it tonight so gonna try again tomorrow.

Scyy said:
There are definitely issues with multi input. It lets me map the throttle and brake to my csv3 pedals but only sees them as a button and not an axis. I'm to tired to care or figure it tonight so gonna try again tomorrow.
Fun thing is, Rally Masters from the giddy year of 2000 supports multiple device inputs when setting up controls. Kylotonn literally has zero excuses as to why they haven't implemented such a basic function. They're lazy and care very little about the end product. S'all about money.

the thing is porky its one of the best rally games made.i hope many dont miss out on this based on previous titles.lazy or not they produced the goods this time.

as i said previously with any game some people get issues some dont. that stuttering mess is not a stuttering mess for me. not one bit of stutter.even when recording.

dgeesi0 said:
the thing is porky its one of the best rally games made.i hope many dont miss out on this based on previous titles.lazy or not they produced the goods this time.
It's not even in the Top 10 of rally games. 

dgeesi0 said:
as i said previously with any game some people get issues some dont. that stuttering mess is not a stuttering mess for me. not one bit of stutter.even when recording.
Same here, I've just been playing WRC 7 for a few hours now, no issues at all, game looks very good and with no stuttering.
Honestly I'm very impressed how much they've improved again from WRC 6. If they keep improving like this I'm sure they'll start delivering superb rallygames. Sound is ok but can be greatly improved.
I have no regret at all buying this game and will enjoy every minute of it.

My farts can produce a more realistic rally car noise than those of... well any WRC title, really. That alone should tell you how little effort they put into this title.

I went back on DiRT Rally last night. Took the Fiat 131 out in Greece. Oh my god, what an absolute dream that was! Forgot how much fun the RWD cars are in that game!

dgeesi0 said:
you have played it less than two hrs. it takes more than that to get the wheel settings right.it is a great game.its okay to like other games. i just done wales for the first time its dirt rally good.some parts even better . i dont mind if some dont buy it you can see some have already made their mind up based on previous titles which is a bit daft really. have a open mind try it properly then decide.

how can you say its bad if you havent played it or set up a wheel correctly ? seen it with dirt rally. you dont get it right in under two hrs.

honestly this is how it is when you get it right.

better than dirt 4 fullstop.there isnt anything in dirt 4 better.i love codie games but its not even close. the more i play it its dirt rally good.some bits are even better.so the sound maybe not as good.who cares ! im after the driving experience which in many areas either matches dirt rally or surpasses it.

wales just now and many of you know i mainly hammered wales on dirt rally.so i know it well it was amazing.in wrc 7 i can feel the gravel but i can also feel the mud and road changes.i can feel the weight of the car on the surfaces.which in dirt rally you couldnt.the cars were very light.

so yes sounds and somethings arent perfect but if you put in the effort you will get your reward. if modders or the devs tweak it make the few annoyances better it will be better than dirt rally.thats from a dirt rally nut.

dgeesi0 said:
dgeesi0 said:
you have played it less than two hrs. it takes more than that to get the wheel settings right.it is a great game.its okay to like other games. i just done wales for the first time its dirt rally good.some parts even better . i dont mind if some dont buy it you can see some have already made their mind up based on previous titles which is a bit daft really. have a open mind try it properly then decide.

how can you say its bad if you havent played it or set up a wheel correctly ? seen it with dirt rally. you dont get it right in under two hrs.

better than dirt 4 fullstop.there isnt anything in dirt 4 better.i love codie games but its not even close. the more i play it its dirt rally good.some bits are even better.so the sound maybe not as good.who cares ! im after the driving experience which in many areas either matches dirt rally or surpasses it.

wales just now and many of you know i mainly hammered wales on dirt rally.so i know it well it was amazing.in wrc 7 i can feel the gravel but i can also feel the mud and road changes.i can feel the weight of the car on the surfaces.which in dirt rally you couldnt.the cars were very light.

so yes sounds and somethings arent perfect but if you put in the effort you will get your reward. if modders or the devs tweak it make the few annoyances better it will be better than dirt rally.thats from a dirt rally nut.
What on Earth am I looking at?

@Scyy what you are describing is exactly what was mentioned in the video and he got it working. Please see my post above (the one right before yours): http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/302299/#Comment_302299

I went back on DiRT Rally last night. Took the Fiat 131 out in Greece. Oh my god, what an absolute dream that was! Forgot how much fun the RWD cars are in that game!
Yup. I've been driving the 131 in DR as well. Taking off the line in that instantly puts a grin on my face and the sound it produces makes my neck hair stand.

In D4 there is none of that. The RWD cars are just stale. Sound wise it's also a step down from DR, which is extremely disapointing.

dgeesi0 said:
dgeesi0 said:

thats like me saying, with a few more rallies under my belt, I could be better than Sebastien Loeb, which is absolute nonsense. 

Scyy said:
Fun thing is, Rally Masters from the giddy year of 2000 supports multiple device inputs when setting up controls. Kylotonn literally has zero excuses as to why they haven't implemented such a basic function. They're lazy and care very little about the end product. S'all about money.
Yeah, then it's a no go for me.  I can't believe they still haven't fixed the multiple controller support.  I'll wait to hear if there's a fix for it.

dgeesi0 said:
dgeesi0 said:

thats like me saying, with a few more rallies under my belt, I could be better than Sebastien Loeb, which is absolute nonsense. 
what are you on about ? i said you havent played the game enough or even got your wheel set right.i played 8 hrs yesterday it took most of yesterday to get the set up right.so that needs refining but with the effort made you would see its a great game.

the real funny thing is guess how much rallycameraman has played to know its a bad game ? 24 minutes !

so basically you havent tried to set up your wheel or try and adjust anything.just got a refund.

https://postimg.org/image/3zldgg3qd/

this is the thing with games you really need to do your research. anyone can say any nonsense and you can miss out on great games. the thing is with rally games there isnt that many.so because some either havent played wrc 7 yet or even tried to play it or blind loyality to codies they just blasting it as a bad game.shame as many people will miss out on a great title.i do get why some on here wont say its great. the thing is if honest its a really good game.that doesn't mean you don't like codie games does it ? just means people like other games.