DiRTy Gossip Thread

@LutzM I was referring to leaderboards similar to the DR ones, where event info is on a website. Because you wanted to check from the office.

@tbtstt awesome photo's again mate!

https://www.vrheads.com/five-must-have-games-your-oculus-rift
DiRT Rally is still being praised for it's VR implementating (and deservingly so!) I just keep hoping DiRT 4 will receive VR support at some point..
I very drunkenly ordered a Rift w/ Touch a couple weeks ago during the sale, I regretted it till I tried it.  It's pretty incredible.  I've tried it with iRacing, but since I can't play WRC7 due to no wheel support and I've given up on D4 months ago maybe I'll reinstall Rally and try it with the Rift.

griev0r said:

DiRT Rally is still being praised for it's VR implementating (and deservingly so!) I just keep hoping DiRT 4 will receive VR support at some point..
I very drunkenly ordered a Rift w/ Touch a couple weeks ago during the sale, I regretted it till I tried it.  It's pretty incredible.  I've tried it with iRacing, but since I can't play WRC7 due to no wheel support and I've given up on D4 months ago maybe I'll reinstall Rally and try it with the Rift.

Do it - it's great in VR but, you'll probably want to turn "ground Cover" off or very low to keep FPS up.  Assetto Corsa and PC1/2 also have very good VR implementation.

griev0r said:

there is a thread on steam about getting different items working.maybe take a look at them see if they help.

Like I have said before, the more rally games the better. It will give way to competition between developers and we will get more rally games

Operator1 said:

Around the 6:06:07 mark in this Project CARS 2 live-stream, SMS CEO Ian Bell says:

"...I think we're going to split the franchise and start making the world's best loose racing game, as in rally, as in rallycross, as in loose surface..."

Look out, DiRT.

Let's see how the RallyX turns out in PC2 first but, also keeping in mind IB was tipping back a few in the interview process.
In theory though, yeah - I think some competition in Rally would be a very good thing for Rally fans.

I'm getting DiRT Rally on the go again :) 

Hopefully DiRT 4 will get a good patch soon. In the meantime, I'm very much enjoying how well WRC 7 plays, and I'll no doubt enjoy adding to the monstrous amount of hours I've already spent on DR. Can't wait to get back into it!

Operator1 said:

Around the 6:06:07 mark in this Project CARS 2 live-stream, SMS CEO Ian Bell says:

"...I think we're going to split the franchise and start making the world's best loose racing game, as in rally, as in rallycross, as in loose surface..."

Look out, DiRT.

I would really like to see a good competitor for DiRT series, it would be a fierce competition, not like the ones it has now, a game that 2016 WRC are faster in some stages than 2017 WRC.
Really can't wait to see a new Rally Game, Milestone and Kylotton showed what they can, Codemasters also.

Slowish said:
Operator1 said:

Look out, DiRT.

Let's see how the RallyX turns out in PC2 first but, also keeping in mind IB was tipping back a few in the interview process.
In theory though, yeah - I think some competition in Rally would be a very good thing for Rally fans.

I pre-ordered PCars 2 since the reviews seem genuinely good so far, and Ian has taken a huge back seat from the way he used to behave. So I'm actually fairly looking forward to it.
All I know is I'm never giving another dime to those asshats at Kunos.

JZStudios said:

I pre-ordered PCars 2 since the reviews seem genuinely good so far, and Ian has taken a huge back seat from the way he used to behave. So I'm actually fairly looking forward to it.
Yeah, I have it pre-loading now too; really curious to see how it plays compared to PC1.  It should be great in VR and I look forward to testing the Rx stuff.

Slowish said:
JZStudios said:

Yeah, I have it pre-loading now too; really curious to see how it plays compared to PC1.  It should be great in VR and I look forward to testing the Rx stuff.
Honestly, I can tell PCars isn't the most realistic, but I find myself having the most fun in it. And it doesn't look terrible. There's something about the other sims I find so boring, and I get burnt out on DR's limited Greek stages.
The only reason I wasn't going to buy PCars 2 was Ian Bell, but he seems to have turned around/toned down a bit.

JZStudios said:
Slowish said:
Operator1 said:

Look out, DiRT.

how you feel about wrc makers is the exact same for me and pcars crew.if you only knew the **** they pulled you wouldn't buy their games.they may seem to have changed but thats the media for you.absolute *******

dgeesi0 said:
JZStudios said:
how you feel about wrc makers is the exact same for me and pcars crew.if you only knew the **** they pulled you wouldn't buy their games.they may seem to have changed but thats the media for you.absolute *******

Kunos are the makers of AC, not WRC, that would be Kyloton

I recall reading an article about the team behind Project Cars (in particular Ian Bell) a few years ago and they sounded like a bunch of crooks. I briefly played the first Project Cars (on PlayStation 4) and wasn't that impressed. I believe there have been a number of patches and tweaks since then, but with the stigma attached to the developers I have never looked at the game again. 

PC2 does look good - and the lure of rallycross content is strong - but I will be looking at GT Sport before I consider PC2.

JZStudios said:
Slowish said:
JZStudios said:

Honestly, I can tell PCars isn't the most realistic, but I find myself having the most fun in it. And it doesn't look terrible. There's something about the other sims I find so boring, and I get burnt out on DR's limited Greek stages.
The only reason I wasn't going to buy PCars 2 was Ian Bell, but he seems to have turned around/toned down a bit.

Its the opposite for me, PC1 lacks a certain visceral quality that I get with AC / AMS / rF2; it's a feeling of being very connected to the car, acutely attuned to the behavior, tires, grip levels, etc. With PC1, I just didn't get that same satisfaction of being able to balance the car on the edge, sensing the threshold of grip. With PC2, SMS claim to have addressed such issues but, we'll see.  I have no doubt it will look good and it seems the audio has improved but, the AI and overall handling and FFB are my bigger concerns going in.

Heres the good news about rally game by Ian Bell,hopfully will materialize:
from interview on their forums:
~6:04:40 "...We were going to introduce a proper livery painting system, but I think it's now Project CARS 3. That's going to be Project CARS 3. We are literally out of memory..."
~6:05:29 "...I think 3 years from now. I think Project CARS 3 will be 3 years... I think to do it properly, we need 3 years..."
~6:06:07 "...I think we're going to split the franchise and start making the world's best loose racing game, as in rally, as in rallycross, as in loose surface..."
~6:33:56 "...We are absolutely determined at least for the next year to constantly back up with upgrades, improvements, polishing, bug fixing, at least for the year, maybe for longer..."

SMS might be a ( serious ) competitor, if they start doing loose surface games. You can't underestimate them, Codies so, watch out.

Heres the good news about rally game by Ian Bell,hopfully will materialize:
from interview on their forums:
~6:04:40 "...We were going to introduce a proper livery painting system, but I think it's now Project CARS 3. That's going to be Project CARS 3. We are literally out of memory..."
~6:05:29 "...I think 3 years from now. I think Project CARS 3 will be 3 years... I think to do it properly, we need 3 years..."
~6:06:07 "...I think we're going to split the franchise and start making the world's best loose racing game, as in rally, as in rallycross, as in loose surface..."
~6:33:56 "...We are absolutely determined at least for the next year to constantly back up with upgrades, improvements, polishing, bug fixing, at least for the year, maybe for longer..."
I reckon a very drunk Ian Bell would start to sound like Donald Trump (who apparently is always sober!) :)

dgeesi0 said:
JZStudios said:
Slowish said:
Operator1 said:

Look out, DiRT.

I know a lot of shit they said, but again, Ian seems to have turned around (and he was the main issue) otherwise I would refuse to buy PCars 2. Ian at least seems like he's working on customer relations, whereas the guys at Kunos, all of them especially "Lord Kunos," constantly continue to barrage, insult, and ban people for criticizing obvious flaws in their substandard game. I got banned for saying that Forza looks better, and called a conspiracy theorist because I thought there was a smidge of understeer. I'm never giving them another dime, but plenty of people (I think even you) keep buying their product which I don't find all that compelling.
Slowish said:
JZStudios said:
Slowish said:
JZStudios said:

Its the opposite for me, PC1 lacks a certain visceral quality that I get with AC / AMS / rF2; it's a feeling of being very connected to the car, acutely attuned to the behavior, tires, grip levels, etc. With PC1, I just didn't get that same satisfaction of being able to balance the car on the edge, sensing the threshold of grip. With PC2, SMS claim to have addressed such issues but, we'll see.  I have no doubt it will look good and it seems the audio has improved but, the AI and overall handling and FFB are my bigger concerns going in.
You're concerned about AI in a PC racing sim? Here's a hint, it'll be terrible like every other game.
I just liked PCars because it didn't look like crap, it actually ran smoother (but at a lower framerate) than AC, and there's much more available options, as well as AI that actually was better than AC's but still not great. Once you get the FFB set up properly it's actually pretty good, but you can still feel the limits of the game engine.
I'm still not sure where the "connection" to the road in AC is, I've certainly never found it. I have found however that almost every car feels exactly the same in terms of FFB. And doing hot laps in a 2015 sim that looks like something from 2001 because the AI sucks isn't particularly thrilling. The best thing about AC is the proper triple screen support, but that only goes so far.

Operator1 said:

Look out, DiRT.

That's epic. Maybe if they supported mods it would be even better, but maybe they will allow mods in a new franchise, and even if they don't they never promised they will not do anything to prevent a game from being modded only to ban people with modded textures. I am looking forward to see what comes.

SamRWD said:
Operator1 said:

Look out, DiRT.

That's epic. Maybe if they supported mods it would be even better, but maybe they will allow mods in a new franchise, and even if they don't they never promised they will not do anything to prevent a game from being modded only to ban people with modded textures. I am looking forward to see what comes.
Some people managed to make some mods for PC1