DiRTy Gossip Thread

I ordered it, but UK snow prevents it arriving I think. It's getting some pretty good reviews on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/558260/Gravel/
Just remember: it's an ARCADE game, so should be fun!

Done one race in the demo last night, was fun... just not my sort of game. Might pick it up in a few months when it's on sale.

Thats right Turbodevin!  handling is arcade even with all assists off.. reminds sega rally.. no bad but the price on steam (50 euros) is rediculously high , on cd key sites 22,90 euros already.. if goes about 10 euros and online is still active i might buy it..but i seriously doubt for the last as all milestone games are dead online since release.. in the other hand on steam forums there is much positive feeling for this game so lets see what is going on..

Played it a bit last night and seems pretty good. Don't be too put off by the first race because until you've been through the introductory levels you can't set FFB/rotation, assists etc.

At first I thought the handling was too arcade (yes, I know that's what it's marketed at) but once I'd turned off assists and tweaked the wheel I found it feeling surprisingly good. It's no Dirt Rally but you can steer RWD cars on the throttle and power slide 4WD, which is more than Dirt4. 

I think in a year or two this will join Driveclub as a strangely compelling game for when I don't feel like a serious sim.

Still wish they'd do SLRE 2 (or SORE?) though.

I guess it's due to the limitation of the driving physic model when they target sim model & feel off for some reason. I'm 100% confident that Codemasters had sim in mind went they made Dirt 4 as what I'm seeing in racing sim, seem to feature all the same flaw.

In my opinion
What I notice often is the car tend to yaw too quick early & lose all rotational inertia on exit. Basically you can't exit on throttle & you're stuck to be more on the brake while focusing carrying more speed. In a sim, If you're on tarmac, a 4WD car will simply trounce a RWD. That's also the reason why chicanes are also done faster on the virtual car.

I'm digging the curve ball effect add-on, but a lot of people will hate me since I've written this here.

Played it a bit , the demo that is.Cars have weight ,but they do some funky unnatural lateral moves .Its enjoyable as a "break" from the sims.
I do wish they would have just left the looks of the  cars alone ,and not try to make them up to be something else they werent .

In my opinion gravel is a sub par game, it feels like a game from last generation with average graphics, physics don't quite hit the arcade sweet spot, bugs, ai that all take the exact same line, and the whole gravel tv is half baked and annoying. 
But you should still buy it for the online, it has king of the hill and capture the flag which is great fun

In my opinion gravel is a sub par game, it feels like a game from last generation with average graphics, physics don't quite hit the arcade sweet spot, bugs, ai that all take the exact same line, and the whole gravel tv is half baked and annoying. 
But you should still buy it for the online, it has king of the hill and capture the flag which is great fun
The worse is that online is dead on release as any other Milestone game at least on PC..
Th game it self i like it enough , it reminds me of Sega Rally which i loved but i would not pay for nothing 50 euros on steam but i could get it some time from any cd key site for 10-15 euros (right now it costs there 23 euros) and if that time online is active (which i seriously doubt it..)

Still waiting for my copy to arrive. Cheaper physical but... Not here yet!
If you like old style pure arcade racing games like Sega Rally you will not get disappointed.. Its cool game..

I ordered it, but UK snow prevents it arriving I think. It's getting some pretty good reviews on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/558260/Gravel/
Just remember: it's an ARCADE game, so should be fun!
If it's half as fun as this magnificent classic, Im in! (click image)

Ray tracing demo using Unreal Engine 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4vTw0LxRAw

Weird business model to add in-game footage on the lower right of the screen.

project cars 1 120 screenshots were of cars without showing bonnet view :D

all render shots are a lie. show me ingame great footage not what your game can show the best.

Why do you say that?
Most companies do that now as there are so many pre rendered videos.
I've claimed in the forum that the effect are far too high to be even featured in a game with some pointer. They went ahead & quoted me it's 100% in-game footage. After I got caught in the fanboy bandwagon :s .

dgeesi0 said:
project cars 1 120 screenshots were of cars without showing bonnet view :D

all render shots are a lie. show me ingame great footage not what your game can show the best.

It's a another level of render quality that don't rely on artistic optimization. Not in the same level they used in Pcars trailer.

https://rycote.com/rycote-interviews-senior-sound-designer-at-codemasters-software/

Tin Foil hat: on

Gossip mode: on.

In which game Codemasters had Pagani Huayra? New Grid confirmed? 

versedi said:
https://rycote.com/rycote-interviews-senior-sound-designer-at-codemasters-software/

GRID Autosport

Oh ya!!! I am excited now. I would love a GRID game on next-gen. GRID captures perfectly that motorsport feel while giving you a very clean and enjoyable experience.

versedi said:

Well I think it's fair to say it won't be a DiRT game :D although it would be great to see what an hypercar is capable of on the loose stuff. If you aren't the owner of the car

What’s all this about?                                   

In FB today, they posted images of recording audio for an Aerial Atom, 2 drift cars and a single-seater...  Hmmm??

This might be some good news for the GRID series or else it might be named differently for the debut of a new racing franchise.

I think it’s probably just old pictures from work on the last GRID games. That had drifting and I’m pretty sure it had Atom’s too. Would be nice to see a new one though!