DiRTy Gossip Thread

i know it probably wont happen , but really its such a no brainer from a consumer standpoint.Release the sim in its infancy, slowly build it with customer feedback and everyone is happy as "we ' all created it .Tack on DLc on top of the "base" game and keep add ons coming to guarantee longevity.

They should stop making rally games. They failed on the last two rally games as is. Why support them making more. Empty promises that go no where. Better yet, shut down the forums. They don't use them anyway. No point in talking about things that wont be listened to by the people that matter.

i know it probably wont happen , but really its such a no brainer from a consumer standpoint.Release the sim in its infancy, slowly build it with customer feedback and everyone is happy as "we ' all created it .Tack on DLc on top of the "base" game and keep add ons coming to guarantee longevity.
Meh, then you run into the pricing schemes of things like Raceroom and iRacing.

RR is awesome and its great to pick up a new car at will off an on and for pennies many times .Keeps it fresh .Plus they keep releasing new stuff all the time .

I don’t like paying for a game as time goes on. I prefer to pay for the game all at once up front and then DLC should be free unless it’s a huge expansion.

I do think a closed beta or even open access again would be a good move for Codemasters. Does give the fans the opportunity to contribute to the final product, makes sense as they would be the ones buying the game too :)

I don’t like paying for a game as time goes on. I prefer to pay for the game all at once up front and then DLC should be free unless it’s a huge expansion.
I’d prefer paying the dev to add more content as time goes on, providing it is a game of the quality of DR. It’s worth it you like the look of what they’re offering and if not, you’re not obliged to buy it. I don’t see why it should be for free because they are afterall operating to make money and pay salaries etc. ‘For free’ would most likely mean hideously expensive purchase price anyway

the formula nowadays is the way RR and Iracing is doing it.Thats if you want the same game to last with support. Now if its a shit game ,forget it .
If its a good base sim ,then why not just build on that and realase content yearly or smaller pay  updates to it more frequently.
i think thats a great way to cater to anyone,especially if  youre picky about this car ,that car not to your liking ?
Buy only what you want and like .Juts my opinion on it , and i love how RR is still alive and kicking after all these years .
Base game was free .

The thing with DLCs and expansions is that you risk to split the userbase too much. I think they should keep at least one car per class for free alongside all the countries, to make sure everyone can take part in leagues/events/multiplayer...

On a side note, the first F1 2018 Trailer dropped today, so probably the attention of Codies will be on that for some time

Personally, I like Raceroom as a game and I don't have a massive issue with its business model, but charging for each livery is a step too far for me, especially as it incentivises them to prevent modding.

Personally, I like the way Project Cars 2 are doing it; base game with plenty of content and 4 packs over a year each with a predefined number of new cars and track(s).

Assetto Corsa's was varied, but their basic 'Dream Pack' approach was fine. IL2 Sturmovik I also like, where they have a base pack and then add different releases at full price that can each be used individually or together in one package (and updates cover the 'old' games too) with the occasional extra plane sold on its own when it complements an existing 'base' pack (this sentence is why I no longer work in marketing...).

at the end of the day , dlc and packs show commitment to user base and customers  and guarantees the games future for longer than a year :)
you dont " have " to buy anything , but if you have the money and committed than go for it.
"closed" up unsupported games are NOT the future i think.

at the end of the day , dlc and packs show commitment to user base and customers  and guarantees the games future for longer than a year :)
you dont " have " to buy anything , but if you have the money and committed than go for it.
"closed" up unsupported games are NOT the future i think.

Couldn't prove that to codemasters. They said before dirt 4 was launched then said fuck you guys. And decided this is the future. Behold the light that is ALL KNOWING code MASTERS! Masters of shit! That is.

Jack4688 said:
I’d prefer paying the dev to add more content as time goes on, providing it is a game of the quality of DR. It’s worth it you like the look of what they’re offering and if not, you’re not obliged to buy it. I don’t see why it should be for free because they are afterall operating to make money and pay salaries etc. ‘For free’ would most likely mean hideously expensive purchase price anyway
We already spend $60 for a new game. That is why DLC should be free. If it’s a huge expansion I would understand a $20 price tag. I really like it when games do this like NFS 2015. No micro transaction and no DLC, it was all free cars and updates.

New rallycross game confirmed!!!
 https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/999960650645426176

er185 said:
Well, this may, pretty much, sink the "WRC by Codemasters" theory. I highly doubt the WRC Promoter would want World RX mixed in with WRC.

Now, I hope it isn't a pure rallycross game. I hope it's a DiRT 5 or DiRT Rally 2 with RX as a discipline, but with a focus on rally, above all. Don't forget that rally is where most of your fans are, Codemasters. Try your best to secure a good selection of both modern and classic rally cars for your next endeavor.

That just looks like the scan of a car. Maybe for Rx in Dirt4.

Don't think there will be any announcement today from Codies - too late now.

Next thing to watch for - Monday 28th May.

dirt3joe said:

You guys still consider DLC for DiRT 4 a possibility? It isn't going to happen this late. I'd be incredibly surprised if it did, mostly because I don't think it would sit 100% with the community. At this point, people are expecting something new, entirely.

My 2 cents of how things might be going: DiRT with Codemasters and V-Rally with BigBen. One will try to win over folks with better RX content and the other with better Rally content. Since I'm not that into RX, personally, the choice for me would be easy. However, this is just a thought of mine.

I wouldn't worry about the codies doing a Rallycross only game. It would be foolish to drop stage rallying

yeah this may be just proof for more RX comtent fro next installments ,and hopefully a new sim with improved Your Stage etc

er185 said:
Well brilliant to see that the PSRXVW will be appearing in something in the future. 

dirt3joe said:

You guys still consider DLC for DiRT 4 a possibility? It isn't going to happen this late. I'd be incredibly surprised if it did, mostly because I don't think it would sit 100% with the community. At this point, people are expecting something new, entirely.

My 2 cents of how things might be going: DiRT with Codemasters and V-Rally with BigBen. One will try to win over folks with better RX content and the other with better Rally content. Since I'm not that into RX, personally, the choice for me would be easy. However, this is just a thought of mine.
No, I don't. DLC window for D4 ended a long time ago.

But....  I thought they were merely sitting on their arses doing nothing at all??

Does this mean they are working on stuff???  

#codemastersareworkingonstuffconfirmed

KevM said:
But....  I thought they were merely sitting on their arses doing nothing at all??

Does this mean they are working on stuff???  

#codemastersareworkingonstuffconfirmed
Paul is obviously doing this for his own personal enjoyment.

That is awesome I am super excited! I would love a full World RX calander and all the teams. I’m sure it will be a discipline along with Rally just this time they will make a full RX championship. Rallycross is awesome and growing in popularity everywhere.