DiRTy Gossip Thread

there are many ways to sell games.just because one is popular doesnt mean its the only way to do it. just look at fps games for a minute.

fortnite is free smashing most games. then you have battlefield charging through the teeth to play.both work.you just have to suit what works for your client base.

KevM said:
But....  I thought they were merely sitting on their arses doing nothing at all??

Does this mean they are working on stuff???  

#codemastersareworkingonstuffconfirmed
Might as well be. There next game will be just like the last two. 6 months of some fun then they'll forget about it and have a cork in their ass mouth. 

#dontcareaboutnextgame
#dirt4emptypromises

dirt3joe said:
That just looks like the scan of a car. Maybe for Rx in Dirt4.

Don't think there will be any announcement today from Codies - too late now.

Next thing to watch for - Monday 28th May.
I would be very surprised if they did not present anything new on Saturday in the Dirt World Championship stream where a lot of dirt fans are gathered. 

mirk1983 said:
dirt3joe said:
That just looks like the scan of a car. Maybe for Rx in Dirt4.

Don't think there will be any announcement today from Codies - too late now.

Next thing to watch for - Monday 28th May.
I would be very surprised if they did not present anything new on Saturday in the Dirt World Championship stream where a lot of dirt fans are gathered. 
You are referring to the whopping 1,400 people that watched the semifinals? I do agree though that it's a great place and time for an announcement. 

huh would you look at that
https://twitter.com/Petter_Solberg/status/1000108364834144256

Oh wow! Looks like they have actually modelled the 2017 Polo GTI rallycross car and not just put a skin on the existing Polo. 

So wait a minute... that scanning was to put the car in DiRT 4 for the final? We really don't know anything...

Those screenshots would have been a good opportunity to tease a new Silverstone track too. Just sayin' ;)

So wait a minute... that scanning was to put the car in DiRT 4 for the final? We really don't know anything...
Not sure. @KickUp has previously stated that the process of developing new cars takes considerable time, I can't believe they have scanned and implemented that in an afternoon (unless the scan was purely for the livery) 

I am really curious as to whether this is a new car, or just a reskinned DiRT 4 Polo. The back end looks like the 2017 PSRXVW Polo, but the bonnet is wrong and I can't make out if you can still see a radiator in the back of the car. 

tbtstt said:

Not sure. @KickUp has previously stated that the process of developing new cars takes considerable time, I can't believe they have scanned and implemented that in an afternoon (unless the scan was purely for the livery) 

I am really curious as to whether this is a new car, or just a reskinned DiRT 4 Polo. The back end looks like the 2017 PSRXVW Polo, but the bonnet is wrong and I can't make out if you can still see a radiator in the back of the car. 
Well, the rear-wing is certainly not correct, no hood vents, bumpers wrong, exhaust wrong. If that's a 2018 (or even 17) Polo RX and not just a re-skin, they need an eye check. So yes, they were scanning the livery.

tbtstt said:

It's still just the old Marklund Motorsport body with a PSRXVW Polo skin.

tbtstt said:

Well, the rear-wing is certainly not correct, no hood vents, bumpers wrong, exhaust wrong. If that's a 2018 (or even 17) Polo RX and not just a re-skin, they need an eye check. So yes, they were scanning the livery.
The rear wing is pretty close to the 2017 PSRX Polo GTI and they have covered over the rear radiator exhausts on the boot (I wonder if they have done the same for the radiator intakes on the side of the car as well?)

As you say, the bonnet is as per the Marklund car, as is the exhaust, so it looks like it is just a reskin!

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:

The rear wing is pretty close to the 2017 PSRX Polo GTI and they have covered over the rear radiator exhausts on the boot (I wonder if they have done the same for the radiator intakes on the side of the car as well?)

As you say, the bonnet is as per the Marklund car, as is the exhaust, so it looks like it is just a reskin!
Yep, it’s a reskin of the DiRT4 model for the DiRT4 eSports Final. 

The scan was because Silverstone is 45minutes from our office so it made sense to do it yesterday than to travel to Germany to get it at VW

KickUp said:
tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:

The scan was because Silverstone is 45minutes from our office so it made sense to do it yesterday than to travel to Germany to get it at VW
Cheers for the confirmation @KickUp! 

KickUp said:
tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:

Cheers for the confirmation @KickUp!

Time to crown a new world champion but... wrong sport or subtle hint?

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1000288227603906560

To be honest I'd like to see a Dirt Rally 2. Codemasters has a strong relationship with Volkswagen and that could mean that they bring a Volkswagen Polo R WRC 2017 with its livery. Volkswagen is going to reveal its Polo R WRC 2017 this year. 

lskill said:
To be honest I'd like to see a Dirt Rally 2. Codemasters has a strong relationship with Volkswagen and that could mean that they bring a Volkswagen Polo R WRC 2017 with its livery. Volkswagen is going to reveal its Polo R WRC 2017 this year. 
I have no idea what you just said?

lskill said:
You do realize VW no longer competes in the top class, right? There's no such thing as a VW Polo R WRC 2017 or 2018. And why would they present a 2017 model in 2018, anyway? Are you referring to their new Polo R5? Because that's the only rally-related car coming out of VW now and that is not a WRC.

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/volkswagen-planning-reveal-for-2017-polo-1002016/ 

lskill said:
https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/volkswagen-planning-reveal-for-2017-polo-1002016/ 

This is their abandoned project. I admit I didn't know about this piece of news, but you made it sound like some kind of official return by VW. This is just a "what could have been" by VW.

EDIT: I'll tell you something though. If Codemasters don't make WRC, here's a way to get a recent WRC-spec car without the crazy licensing hoops. If they grab this and the C3, like Ubisoft did, we'd be good.

lskill said:

This is their abandoned project. I admit I didn't know about this piece of news, but you made it sound like some kind of official return by VW. This is just a "what could have been" by VW.

EDIT: I'll tell you something though. If Codemasters don't make WRC, here's a way to get a recent WRC-spec car without the crazy licensing hoops. If they grab this and the C3, like Ubisoft did, we'd be good.
Ubisoft got Meeke's C3, just as he's been fired from the WRC, awkward!