DiRTy Gossip Thread

dgeesi0 said:
well Paul coleman has just anounced hes leaving :'(
http://blog.codemasters.com/community/06/here-for-a-good-time-not-a-long-time/

PAUL! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Who's gonna be codriver in the next game!?

gk9147 said:
fedemaisonnave   do not you like Unreal engine 4? really                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DqNEnf2TSE
I don't know what this is about, but it sure is impressive what a 1080ti or Titan can render in real time in an exceptionally small static environment.

It's a shame that he is leaving. Paul has been really good at updating us on things going on behind the scenes of the dirt games.

but he did leave this little thing though, seems he's leaving the future of DiRT in good hands

Paul Coleman said:
There is never a good time to move on but I want you all to know that the future of DiRT is in great hands. Not only is the studio still full of experienced talent who have been responsible for making DiRT the franchise it is today but we also have exciting new team members who are joining the studio and bringing their passion and enthusiasm to the franchise. On top of this Codies are continuing to work with Rally and Rallycross experts such as Ryan Champion and Oliver Solberg, as well as members of the DiRT community and racing fans around the world to ensure that wherever DiRT goes next, it is the best it possibly can be.

Well, this is sad news indeed. I wish him the best of luck in his new ventures. Here's hoping the future of DiRT still continues in good hands, like he said. Time will tell.

Well... Goodbye Paul. It's been a pleasure speculating over DiRT for this long with you. You'll be missed but the Gossip Thread will always keep you a place in case you want to pop up at anytime. Good luck for everything the future will bring and follow your own path, possibly sideways. And when we'll play DiRT Rally we'll rhink about you ;)

Really sad to see Paul leaving; his games were a big part of mine/my son's lives before we started karting - I hate to think how much seat time we put in between 2010-2013! His passion will surely be missed but at least, in DiRT Rally, he got to make the title you sensed that he was always desperate to make, despite some challenging times at Codies.

dgeesi0 said:

:o Thanks for everything @KickUp. Good luck with the new life.

Really Sad News for every Dirt Fan.. I Wish @kickup Only the best in Life and New Adventure :) 
P.S. Dont Be A Stranger in " Gossip Thread"

dgeesi0 said:

Sorry to see Paul is leaving! I remember the first time I met him when I sat down at random in a forest on Rally GB about 5 years ago, looked to my right and he was sat next to me! Thanks for letting me be part of the last two games, even if it was only a small part! Best of luck for the future 

JZStudios   it is a very powerful graphics engine created by epic games. it can be used by any developer (milestone use it for gravel and mxgp3)

I know DiRT will go on, it's just a game after all.  But man games like these are only made so often, where as a fan and a player the team makes us all count for something and feel included.  

Everyone has different personalities and ways of going about their job.  I think Paul took a lot of the community home with him and took to heart how we felt about the games.  He loved rally since he was a kid, grew up gaming and eventually landed his dream job of Desinging rally games, probably some of the best.  

He he will be sorely missed, I hope he continues persuing his dreams and passion.  

Thank you @KickUp for talking to us, listening to us, and for all your work on some outstanding rally games. You should be immensely proud of what you achieved at Codemasters with, in particular, Dirt Rally and Dirt 4. Best of luck to you in the future. 

Wow, what a shame. In Dirt Rally, you've brought about one of my all time favourite games @KickUp so I can say no more than that - I hope you choose to stay in the industry (and hopefully in simming!), because you're certainly a credit to it.

Thanks.

gfRally said:
I know DiRT will go on, it's just a game after all.  But man games like these are only made so often, where as a fan and a player the team makes us all count for something and feel included.  

Everyone has different personalities and ways of going about their job.  I think Paul took a lot of the community home with him and took to heart how we felt about the games.  He loved rally since he was a kid, grew up gaming and eventually landed his dream job of Desinging rally games, probably some of the best.  

He he will be sorely missed, I hope he continues persuing his dreams and passion.  
Agreed, I know he's been silent lately, but what about the forums?
Who's left now? 
 :s 

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/133203/the-real-co-drivers-coming-for-other-countries-announced-by-paul-coleman sounds like gossip. Would they be recording any old co-drivers, or perhaps real-life WRC ones?

V-Rally 4 rallycross & buggies trailer  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbTwL6u3V7c

sqdstr said:
V-Rally 4 rallycross & buggies trailer  
Damn that looked bad.
The blur effects, slow motion, camera movement, sepia filter, transitions are just jarring.
The tracks looks like they are straight out of an arcade game and an alpine a310 is racing against modern rx machines.
This doesn't look too promising ...

Ouch! Looks like an early PS3 remastered title. We are years into the next-gen consoles people. Use the tools provided.

I hope whomever replaces Paul, is not just a Designer or “Suit”.... but someone that actually lives and breaths rally.  Not ’oh he designed great games’, or likes rally (i.e. watched it occasionally on TV).   They need someone that is a driver or mechanic or from a rally school.  This understanding is what made DR great and the DiRT series so unique.  

I would rather have someone like that and stumble and learn from thier first game out then a person with a great pedigree of designing games and not really a rally person.

DR felt like an indy title where everyone involved had thier hearts an necks on the line to prove something to be successful.  It was that raw spirit and gameplay that filled our cups full of hope that a real rally (sim) could be made.

Ouch! Looks like an early PS3 remastered title. We are years into the next-gen consoles people. Use the tools provided.
Kylotonn  (V-Rally 4) is slowly taking crown of rally racing from Codemasters.
V-Rally 4 is a full-out rally simulator.

I doubt that will be the case, but I will hold my judgment for the actual game. I have a feeling they are spreading themselves too thin with the number of disciplines

kheiro said:I 
Kylotonn  (V-Rally 4) is slowly taking crown of rally racing from Codemasters.
V-Rally 4 is a full-out rally simulator.
I'm sorry good sir, do you receive salary from Kylotonn?