DiRTy Gossip

dgeesi0 said:
didnt play dead space i still have the day 1 purchase of the retail copy on my desk :p

sorry but the menu system and immersion is just a waste to me. the immersion starts when im racing / rallying . not when im in a menu trying to find for ten minutes the buttons i want to use. the quicker it is to get in game the more fun you will have . unless they putting tetris in while you swap your options around.

to me some of the games you suggest that had bad UI are the better ones. dirt rally click click rallying.enough of what i need to see in. Dirt 4 was not great still stuff i think where is it after hundreds of hrs of playing it.
Question, do you play in cockpit view? Do you use the floating hud speedometer?

Dirt Rally has lots of unnecessary sub menus that I often forget where things are and yet again, the tile system pretty always proves to be a bad design choice. It just never works well. The hud in Dead Space IS the character which removes screen clutter.
Sorry that you think the Naughty Dog titles have super cluttered and confusing main menus and menu systems, even though it's the simplest easiest thing in the world.
Anything dudebro hoonigan gymkhana related is just cringeworthy in my book.
Agreed. Long Live DiRT 2.

This is a cool title screen too. Could just do silhouettes of cars in the background or something I don't know.
https://youtu.be/5JbvBB2Rjdg

It's a matter of presentation.

MrDeap said:
Crazy stuff in a small place. Worth to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9v3-DMFyIs
I did post this a couple of pages back, but I think everyone was too busy arguing about menus to notice! :smiley:
Anything dudebro hoonigan gymkhana related is just cringeworthy in my book.
I can't stand anything dudebro, but the Hoonigans channel is one of my favourite channels on You Tube at the moment. They have some great cars on there and do some pretty looks at the builds. 

The above video doesn't cover the Fiesta in as much detail as I would like but, even if you don't like the speaking segment, it's worth watching just to see the car in action. Rallycross Supercars are utterly savage, and that Fiesta is one of the quickest examples. 

Clearly you and I have very different ideas of "savage". :P Most modern stuff manages to look so bland regardless of how quick they're going.

Clearly you and I have very different ideas of "savage". :P Most modern stuff manages to look so bland regardless of how quick they're going.
600+ ft. lbs. of torque, ridiculous levels of boost and a launch that puts most cars to shame more than justifies the "savage" label in my eyes. The engineering - and capability - of a Supercar is, in my personal opinion, massively underrated. 

Oh I have huge respect for the engineering behind it all. I just wish it wouldn't look so boring.

Oh I have huge respect for the engineering behind it all. I just wish it wouldn't look so boring.
Out of interest, have you ever seen rallycross live? TV never seems to convey the speed of the cars well. The spectacle of a grid of rallycross Supercars leaving the grid is one of my all time favourite things in motorsport. (It's also one of the few things that I think the modern cars do better than the classics)

there is nothing wrong with Ken Block or his style IMHO.I met him few times at rallies and hes super approchable and cool,and displays no pompousness.

Great driver,sportsman and founder of a great shoe line.He just has fun, and some people resent that for some reason.They should worry about their own style............

there is probably nothing wrong with him at all most people just dont like how the whole hoonigan experience is presented to them. thats why he often gets flack. maybe they should change that image or representation of what Hoonigan is.then he maybe more acceptable. i guess thats more down to the number crunches. who look at growth.

There is a stream of one of the biggest Folkrace(poor mans rallycross) festivals in Sweden going on right now. Finals are about to begin!

You collect points by position in heats compared to time in RX. 
The main thing about Folkrace is that every car is for sale for the fixed price of 850 Euro after the finals ends. If several people are interested one envelope is simply picked among the lot to decide who gets to buy it.
The price is obviously to keep costs as low as possible, but people are absolutely mental when it comes to the biggest weekends like this. There are lots of Volvos with dogboxes and engines in the 200-300BHP range. You do your own math ;)

https://sbfplay.solidtango.com/live/semesterracet-vimmerby-dag-5-finaldag-junior-senior

bogani said:
There is a stream of one of the biggest Folkrace(poor mans rallycross) festivals in Sweden going on right now. Finals are about to begin!

The main thing about Folkrace is that every car is for sale for the fixed price of 850 Euro after the finals ends. If several people are interested one envelope is simply picked among the lot to decide who gets to buy it.
The price is obviously to keep costs as low as possible, but people are absolutely mental when it comes to the biggest weekends like this. There are lots of Volvos with dogboxes and engines in the 200-300BHP range. You do your own math ;)

https://sbfplay.solidtango.com/live/semesterracet-vimmerby-dag-5-finaldag-junior-senior
I think there was also a rule that if someone wanted to buy the car, you had to sell it and couldn't refuze

Didzis said:
bogani said:

I think there was also a rule that if someone wanted to buy the car, you had to sell it and couldn't refuze
Correct, that are the rules. You can't refuse. You can take part in the "lottery" yourself though if you want to try to keep your car.

dgeesi0 said:
there is probably nothing wrong with him at all most people just dont like how the whole hoonigan experience is presented to them. thats why he often gets flack. maybe they should change that image or representation of what Hoonigan is.then he maybe more acceptable. i guess thats more down to the number crunches. who look at growth.
He doesn't do what he does to be liked, he does what he does because he's made enough money and can afford to do whatever he likes.

bogani said:
Didzis said:
bogani said:

Correct, that are the rules. You can't refuse. You can take part in the "lottery" yourself though if you want to try to keep your car.
I remember seeing that on Top Gear, but how does it work? How do you keep someone from lowballing you?

JZStudios said:
bogani said:
Didzis said:
bogani said:

I remember seeing that on Top Gear, but how does it work? How do you keep someone from lowballing you?
That's where the fixed price of 850 Euro comes in.

JZStudios said:
bogani said:
Didzis said:
bogani said:

It's all handeled officially by the organisers post race. When I did compete you had to have the cash in the envelope, if you were 5 quid short your buy was nullified. I'm not sure if that changed though.

dgeesi0 said:
He doesn't do what he does to be liked, he does what he does because he's made enough money and can afford to do whatever he likes.
i was just trying to explain why many cant stand him. doesnt matter how much money he has he just comes across as a big of a nob.

I personally think it's better to not into hatred perspective on an individual, just because of religion or xenophobia, whatever... It's quite immature & amusing to read at the same time. 

bogani personally the menu is not important the gameplaywith the wheel, the effects of shadows (yes we do not see anything I do the bike in the woods and I can see the road but on dirt we see nothing), the dashboard of the Ford R5 is not good on the real Ford R5 it has the engine speed but not the number of the gearbox, I play without HUD if I take a pin I do not know if I'm in first gear or neutral, that's why I never ride with the Ford R5 (be careful, I'm talking about the Ford R5 because it's a sequential gearbox for cars with the standard gearbox i use the th8a so no problem for me )https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBXIiRNMtJQ

MrDeap said:
I personally think it's better to not into hatred perspective on an individual, just because of religion or xenophobia, whatever... It's quite immature & amusing to read at the same time. 
in this time in the world where nothing can be said but many think it its easy to just say everything is fine. still stands many cant stand him.

dgeesi0 said:
MrDeap said:
in this time in the world where nothing can be said but many think it its easy to just say everything is fine. still stands many cant stand him.
I don't hate the dude, but imagine how great Dirt 3 would have been without his involvement. ;)

gk9147 that onboard hurts my eyes. its like tyrian lanister is driving it :D

hate that cam position. dont get how people cant get this right. you want to see as much as possible in the clearest position. not a slit of the screen. looks a great run aswell.

Sooooo... *looks around*... any actual gossip anywhere lately? Seem to be rather quiet on the dirt front.

I personally don't think anybody who thinks the Persona 5 UI is bad should be allowed to talk about UIs.

Ken Block seems to be a cool dude that does what he loves.

He is average driver at best (that makes him quiet competitive on USA's rally scene, and low rank in the Europe and WRC scene).
Gymkhana is a typical american invention with all it's pros and cones. I personally am not impressed with tricks that take multiple attempts to perfect so it looks nice on camera, but I guess it might appeal to some people. 

Long story short- I don't care about him TBH, but I wish he stays away from any game I would be interested in.