DiRTy Gossip

Dytut said:
Dytut said:
The fact that they're using the motion rig again will mean pacenotes mote like DR than D4, which is a very good thing. Not that the D4 codrivers were bad, but Paul bouncing around in DR was top notch.
Pretty sure they used the motion rig for Nicky and Jen on D4
I might be wrong here, but I think I remember them saying they couldn't use the motion as much due to your stage being more random. At least I got the feeling that the D4 notes aren't as immersive as the DR ones.

But the secrecy from codies... @ChristinaMc , I hope you're going to show us where you hid the secret gossip after the game gets released/announced :-) 

Pretty sure there was a blog post ages ago from Jen about recording it in the motion rig 

KevM said:
Oi oi, whats all this about?                   

Are we actually getting something?  Looks quite legit to be fair?  Or are we just craving news again??
No official word, but it looked quite legit to me. Let's hope the plan to release more info in about 6 weeks didn't change due to the slip up. New rally game early next year sounds good to me, and if Phil Mills says it's the most authentic outside of a real car... 

Oops, post was deleted, so yep it is confirmed a Codemasters game, 6 weeks also is close to WRC Rally Turkey, maybe it could be related or not.
But well I'm happy we have a new rally game at least

Dytut said:
Look for clues, look for clues. The helmet at the window has is 01, does that mean it's a new IP? ;-)
He's got a Welsh flag on his helmet. Wales confirmed. I'm not up enough on my European flags to know what the other one is.
BUT! There is also a few water bottles with green caps, and New Zealand is very green surrounded by water...
There's also a quick release F1 wheel... Oh my god... The F1 wheel, Dirt 3, Grid helmet...
Holy hell guys, I think it is GriDiRT1 2018! Featuring sound by Beyer Dynamic!

what going off with the font style ! it looks horrid ? whos changing the forums ? :s :'(

dgeesi0 said:
what going off with the font style ! it looks horrid ? whos changing the forums ? :s :'(
We have actual gossip, the forums are mutating by themselves.

just wondering if someones updating the forums style or something gone wrong. something changed style wise. horrid.

Dytut said:
KevM said:
Oi oi, whats all this about?                   

Are we actually getting something?  Looks quite legit to be fair?  Or are we just craving news again??
No official word, but it looked quite legit to me. Let's hope the plan to release more info in about 6 weeks didn't change due to the slip up. New rally game early next year sounds good to me, and if Phil Mills says it's the most authentic outside of a real car... 
I wouldn’t have thought anything will change, it wasn’t that big a slip up really. Not many people will have actually seen it, and even fewer would have actually put two and two together. Plus it didn’t really reveal much, other than Phil mills is working on a new, unnamed rally game due next year, to be announced soon. We only know it’s codemasters because of an old photo.

https://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Is-DiRT-Rally-2-coming-in-2019

Making the media now, no new information, just reporting on the leak. Also saw a French article on it
Well it is starting to look like we might have some news soon: about time! 

EDIT: Just thought, if the dates in that leak are right, then the timing could work out well for another community day in late October @ChristinaMc... :smiley:

er185 said:
DiRT Rally 2 domains registered at the end of June 2018 ...  :p

https://viewdns.info/reversewhois/?q=EBRAND+Services+AG
And so are domains for DiRT 5, DiRT 6 and even DiRT 7, all registered in 2016. Who is registering all these domains? Are Codies planning that ahead? I always see a German company EBRAND Services AG. Not related to Codemasters.
It’s probably more of a placeholder thing, making sure they’ve got the domains and no one else. Although I don’t know if copyright would come into it if someone else had bought the domain for dirt 5?