DiRTy Gossip

First proper mention of what's coming for Rallycross:
- safe to assume Lydden Hill will be one of the tracks
- iconic European rallycross tracks (how many is not clear)
- art team were at Lydden Hill last weekend taking photos of car liveries - this must mean they will be licenced!  FIA World RX in DiRT Rally? Lee directed the viewers to check out rallycrossrx.com :)
- simulation in the game will be expanded for rallycross cars after speaking to the rallycross team technicians and drivers

Woooohooo! Can't wait! :D

RookieOne said:
austinb said:
Lancia 037 confirmed on Twitch stream in the next german tarmac terrors pack
i'm sorry about the profanity that will follow, but knowing how I love that car (only car I love more is the ST185 Celica)
I WANT A FUCKING LINK ABOUT THAT THAT ACTUALLY CONFIRM IT
@KickUp mentioned it during the livestream so I'd take that as a good confirmation :) During my visit the 037 was also mentioned so I'm sure it was in development.

The packs have mysterious names for now as with the licencing you don't have it 100% until the papers are signed :)

Also, Peugeot 306 Maxi was confirmed to be part of the Tarmac Terrors pack, which is expected to come out in about a month :D
Yeah the Seat Ibiza was also confirmed a while ago along side the Peugeot 306 :) 
so we know 3 of the cars for the next update

Whoa! DiRTy Leak!  Not sure if it was intentional, but in Leagues Germany locations can be selected when defining a season!

(If anyone had trouble recognising stages by names, think again...)

Baumholder, Germany route 1
Oberstein
Frauenberg
Waldaufstieg
Waldabstieg
Kreuzungsring
Kreuzungsring Reverse

Baumholder, Germany route 2
Hammerstein
Ruschberg
Verbundsring
Verbundsring Reverse
Flugzeugring
Flugzeugring Reverse

RookieOne said:
austinb said:
Lancia 037 confirmed on Twitch stream in the next german tarmac terrors pack
i'm sorry about the profanity that will follow, but knowing how I love that car (only car I love more is the ST185 Celica)
I WANT A FUCKING LINK ABOUT THAT THAT ACTUALLY CONFIRM IT
@RookieOne here ya go mate http://www.twitch.tv/dirtgame/b/662987375

Its not confirmed but extremely likely that they will add some more at some point, probably the more modern cars.

So with the 306 Maxi being added, will more F2 cars be on their way or is it just added to the 90s category?

Zchmekko said:
So with the 306 Maxi being added, will more F2 cars be on their way or is it just added to the 90s category?
Interesting question - I do wonder how big the car packs will be and whether new categories will be added. 

I seem to recall hearing about another screamer kit car during my visit months ago, but that car wasn't mentioned anywhere so I'll keep quiet... 

I've just caught on the bits of the DiRT Show I missed (had to look busy for a few minutes) and I loved hearing more about the upcoming Rallycross mode extension. It's clear the team wants to represent the format and level of organised motorsport such as the FIA World RX. 

It will be mega! I'm hugely enjoying the async challenges and leagues (although didn't have much time for that), but competing door to door will be great fun. Until you encounter the usual online racing clientele, who will punt you off within 3 seconds :) 

I seem to recall hearing about another screamer kit car during my visit months ago, but that car wasn't mentioned anywhere so I'll keep quiet... 
Any chance you could be talking about the Renault Megane?

Something that I have been attempting to share with you.  I don't know if it is ever possible to add this Impreza, but the 2005 one will be excellent as an addition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59dHABgEAIw

First proper mention of what's coming for Rallycross:
- safe to assume Lydden Hill will be one of the tracks
- iconic European rallycross tracks (how many is not clear)
- art team were at Lydden Hill last weekend taking photos of car liveries - this must mean they will be licenced!  FIA World RX in DiRT Rally? Lee directed the viewers to check out rallycrossrx.com :)
- simulation in the game will be expanded for rallycross cars after speaking to the rallycross team technicians and drivers

Woooohooo! Can't wait! :D
Yeah they where pretty casual about mentioning FIA.  BUT I sorta herd in the conversation that it's not all the tracks so it might be more associated with FIA tracks instead of a full track/season license.  That's fine with me, I think we had 4? In dirt3? Only needed a few to have fun, not sure if it's a career worth.  

Here is a question, it was asked about Steamworkshop and @KickUp mentioned it could be more than content created?  Content to me is Cars, Tracks, Liveries.  I don't think mods like physics/sound/hdr color or whatever..  Anyone have an idea what was ment there?  Paul, could you elaborate?  Maybe I'm listening too close :)

You tease. :dizzy: 

The Seat Ibiza has been specifically mentioned before too.
Cool, then i suppose a F2 category is coming then. :)

gfRally said:
Here is a question, it was asked about Steamworkshop and @KickUp mentioned it could be more than content created?  Content to me is Cars, Tracks, Liveries.  I don't think mods like physics/sound/hdr color or whatever..  Anyone have an idea what was ment there?  Paul, could you elaborate?  Maybe I'm listening too close :)
I was trying to get people to think beyond that kind of stuff but I don't want to tell people what they should be asking for. It's not meant to be cryptic. 

KickUp said:
gfRally said:
I was trying to get people to think beyond that kind of stuff but I don't want to tell people what they should be asking for. It's not meant to be cryptic. 
Glad to hear that you're so open to suggestions, thanks - I would love to be able to tinker with AI drivers' names and abilities, for example. Will put it in the suggestion box sometime.

Ok, so I have been having this Error 41 for two weeks now. So this morning in frustration I searched the web again and there was a comment on a steam discussion stating that you need 3 gb of minimum free space on the hard drive your windows is installed on in order to get rid of this error. I had about 2 gb free so I free'd up some more to get to the minimum of 3 gb and now the error 41 disappeared!

I don't know if this is a known fix and if it's permanent or not but I think it's worth a share in the most populated DiRT topic. Anyone else with the error who can try this out? Maybe some CM guys can fill up their Windows hard drive to the point where there is little to no space left on it and try to start the game, maybe that that replicates the error? @justbiglee ; @KickUp 

Areyouben said:
Ok, so I have been having this Error 41 for two weeks now. So this morning in frustration I searched the web again and there was a comment on a steam discussion stating that you need 3 gb of minimum free space on the hard drive your windows is installed on in order to get rid of this error. I had about 2 gb free so I free'd up some more to get to the minimum of 3 gb and now the error 41 disappeared!

I don't know if this is a known fix and if it's permanent or not but I think it's worth a share in the most populated DiRT topic. Anyone else with the error who can try this out? Maybe some CM guys can fill up their Windows hard drive to the point where there is little to no space left on it and try to start the game, maybe that that replicates the error? @justbiglee ; @KickUp 
For now this is a workaround but it may not work for everyone. Basically the game is trying to allocate space for replays and if there isn't enough space it fails and it is one of the causes for error 41.

This is known and we are working on a way of handling this more gracefully. Reason being that for some people it may mean that they don't get replays and we need to find a nice way of dealing with that in game.

Hope that helps explain why we haven't been shouting about this as a full fix for the issue.

Sure sure! I'm just happy to be able to drive again hehe.  :blush: 

Maybe an option to choose your own save destination for the replays? Or move it to the folder the game is installed in? A lot of people have Windows installed on a small SSD (or a small partition of a big SSD) and have games installed on a much larger disk,

Just a quick question about the Audi Quattro, it currently only has one livery, any more of them coming?

Just a quick question about the Audi Quattro, it currently only has one livery, any more of them coming?

Audi will only let us license their vehicles with their own approved livery. As a result no more are planned. Sorry :(

I sometimes make a very risky choice and decide to read comments on Eurogamer. More often that not the comments are vicious and people jump at each other's throats. But for DiRT Rally the comments have been overwhelmingly positive.

Here's a comment under a news article about release of PPP:
It's the first 'Early Access' game I've bought and, to be honest, it's a complete package. It is how the memory tells you Colin McRae Rally was; a brilliant rally experience and a full game. It's a great, finished game that will only get better for half the price of most new releases.

They've stripped away all that nauseating Dirt tat; it's back to clean, simple menus and a very British feel.

Darhour said:
Something that I have been attempting to share with you.  I don't know if it is ever possible to add this Impreza, but the 2005 one will be excellent as an addition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59dHABgEAIw
I have been hoping to see the S5 (1998) S5 Impreza WRC in a Codemasters game for years now: I still have my fingers crossed! 

Don't strictly DiRTy Gossip, so apologies for the thread deviation. Just uploaded some pictures from the third round of the World Rallycross Championship in Belgium...

...I wonder how many of these Codemasters have been eyeing up. Any hints on @justbiglee or @KickUp ?

(Few more photos here: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/sets/72157651217831133

if anyone is interested!)

tbtstt said:
(Few more photos here: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/sets/72157651217831133 

if anyone is interested!)
Great shots dude. Did you happen to get anything of the jump on the joker lap exit? Doesn't have to be specifically this event but that would be prefered.