DiRTy Gossip

JorritVD said:

- Mills speaks about a new rally game with details being released in a couple of weeks. Some questions though. Why not mentioned DiRT or Codemasters in the post? Next to that he speaks about "new RALLY game". 

With my conspiracy hat on I'd say "because he was asked to 'leak' it this way.

Without that hat, I'd guess because he is aware those details are secretive, but wasn't expecting people to make a connection between a specific chair he was sitting in and a photo a few people on a forum saw two years ago.

Must admit, I'm running the risk of getting optimistic again...

bogani said:
dgeesi0 said:
wtc 7 was a great game enjoyed it. only problem was cheaters in it.never got dealt with lost all interest in it after realizing that.some even cheated in esports events . how this can happen with such stakes at hand and big prizes baffles me. beat many of those involved times wise.hopefully companies start taking cheating more seriously in the future. especially with so much esports future events and deals on the line.
Are there proof that cheating was a thing in the e-sports event? 
sadly yes they even removed time and person/s. i loved the game early on.set world records on numerous tracks seen people with trainers on it.just left it after no support from the makers.sad cause its a great rally game.also there was a steam thread from one of the devs on steam about cheating and removing from esports. the thing is its pretty obvious people would cheat £20,000 first prize. couple of the fast people are known for cheating and reported even video footage. i asked the devs about one guy all they said is he was fast at a previous lan LOL.even though people knew he cheats.think hes banned from here also. as said hopefully in the future with big stakes on the platter cheating is taken seriously. at the moment many companies do bare minimum. as it costs time and money.

JorritVD said:

- Mills speaks about a new rally game with details being released in a couple of weeks. Some questions though. Why not mentioned DiRT or Codemasters in the post? Next to that he speaks about "new RALLY game". 

Without that hat, I'd guess because he is aware those details are secretive, but wasn't expecting people to make a connection between a specific chair he was sitting in and a photo a few people on a forum saw two years ago.

All the Gossip thread regulars will have recognised that seat instantly, never mind the stuff on the window ledge, or the helmet. My guess is, he wasn't meant to leak anything. Hence the rapid removal of the post once it had appeared in this thread.

JorritVD said:

All the Gossip thread regulars will have recognised that seat instantly, never mind the stuff on the window ledge, or the helmet. My guess is, he wasn't meant to leak anything. Hence the rapid removal of the post once it had appeared in this thread.
Or it was all part of the hype. A "mistake".

I still think BigBen has the WRC license. However, I'm waiting to see the full list of rally cars for V-Rally 4. If WRC cars are featured and called "WRCs", then it's safe to say they still hold rights. If they are not named like that, or if they are entirely absent, then we can consider a change of hands. Codemasters games name the WRC cars as "Rally". The VW Polo R WRC was called the "Polo Rally" (this naming was applied to all the others), in DiRT Rally.

There's always the whole e-sports situation, but I don't think we know enough about what's going on in the background.

As for RallyX and WRC on the same game, both licensed, are you sure that can happen? Would be epic if it did, but I think the WRC is a loner when it comes to its games.

JorritVD said:

I agree with you on this second part.

Soeakinng from previous NDA experience, he would have been obviously told not to mention the name of the game or the company. But he did post slightly too much information with regards to release and announcement schedule. But we were specifically told not to mention anything to do with the dirt brand, or even that it was a rally game.

I don’t think there’s any more to this post or any conspiracy, I think Phil just posted a tiny bit too much information and was asked by codemasters if it could be removed.

JorritVD said:

Meh, I wouldn't get your hopes up. But if they weren't doing anything I'm sure they'd shut down just like the Evo guys... I still think it's D3 remastered.
Wonder what happened to them, I was really hoping they could at least make Ego engine 2 or something.

JZStudios said:
JorritVD said:

Meh, I wouldn't get your hopes up. But if they weren't doing anything I'm sure they'd shut down just like the Evo guys... I still think it's D3 remastered.
Wonder what happened to them, I was really hoping they could at least make Ego engine 2 or something.
I don't think they'd record new pacenotes in various languages for a remaster of DiRT 3...

carpa said:
JZStudios said:
JorritVD said:

I don't think they'd record new pacenotes in various languages for a remaster of DiRT 3...
I agree: that seems a very unnecessary expense for a remaster. 

It definitely seems like a new game to me. There were hints that something was going on a few months ago, but it's been very quiet since. 

Having both the WRX and WRC in one official game is an interesting thought. I wonder who the decision would go to? I assume it is the job of the respective series promoters to choose who develops their games? Might be a clash of interests for the two to have their "product" in the same game?...

...be amazing to see it happen though! 

tbtstt said:

It definitely seems like a new game to me. There were hints that something was going on a few months ago, but it's been very quiet since. 

*thinks about posting something cryptic.... nah, too busy*

Areyouben said:
That post is cryptic enough if you ask me!  :#
urgaffels work is excellent, if he’s busy, I’m excited regardless of title/theme etc etc

Im off to buy some Bose headphones lol

urgaffel said:
tbtstt said:

Or is he.... 2 busy.

Dytut said:
urgaffel said:
tbtstt said:

Or is he.... 2 busy.
Could be 5 busy?

Wait a moment.  2 is "To" in Norwegian. Too could be seen as to + o. In numbers it would be 2+0 replacing the + with a . would make 2.0...

Dirt Rally 2.0 confirmed!

But I'm Swedish, not Norwegian. Sorry but wrong language :(

We are working on stuff though, so we are busy indeed :)

haha We Ready Cant w8 :p                              

dgeesi0 said:
haha We Ready Cant w8 :p                              
WRC 8 confirmed - lol

urgaffel said:

He should def apologize as he offended you big time. 

Norwegian? Pffftt

:D 

urgaffel said:
tbtstt said:

OH COME ON! 

bogani said:
urgaffel said:

Norwegian? Pffftt

I know right?! :D

(it’s ok though, I forgive you @KingOfCoins )

urgaffel said:
bogani said:
urgaffel said:

Norwegian? Pffftt

I know right?! :D

(it’s ok though, I forgive you @KingOfCoins )
The only Norwegian I know is from Lilyhammer on Netflix.
Recommended.