DiRTy Gossip

JZStudios said:
urgaffel said:
bogani said:
urgaffel said:
But I'm Swedish, not Norwegian. Sorry but wrong language :(

We are working on stuff though, so we are busy indeed :)
He should def apologize as he offended you big time. 

Norwegian? Pffftt

:D 
I know right?! :D

(it’s ok though, I forgive you @KingOfCoins )
The only Norwegian I know is from Lilyhammer on Netflix.
Recommended.
Decent show, I really enjoyed the first season. I actually had to learn Norwegian when I was out there, although I struggle to remember much of it!  :D

Some more footage from Dakar 18, including the explanation about the navigation:

Screenshots

Gameplay

I still think BigBen has the WRC license. However, I'm waiting to see the full list of rally cars for V-Rally 4. If WRC cars are featured and called "WRCs", then it's safe to say they still hold rights. If they are not named like that, or if they are entirely absent, then we can consider a change of hands. Codemasters games name the WRC cars as "Rally". The VW Polo R WRC was called the "Polo Rally" (this naming was applied to all the others), in DiRT Rally.

There's always the whole e-sports situation, but I don't think we know enough about what's going on in the background.

As for RallyX and WRC on the same game, both licensed, are you sure that can happen? Would be epic if it did, but I think the WRC is a loner when it comes to its games.
Feels great to see hundreds of thousands of people having watched the F1 esports competition after calling for more support from motorsport series for the last 20 years. Rally series is always a back seat for me when it comes to watching because of the nature of the coverage. Dirt Rally got me interested again but only slightly.

Really video games were the platform that got me back into F1 and it was the original colin Mcrea games that got me into Rally. Dirt rally did get me back into rally style racing however the lack of rights meant i couldnt take knowledge i gained in game when i tried to get back into it.

Hopefully those people who make licensing decisions actually see the platform as a way to grow the sport. Not just treat it as a cash grab.

In a way, I'm hoping it won't be WRC, just because I'm worried it would mean doing away with all the great rally cars from the past. That was one of the best parts of Dirt Rally and Dirt 4.

They just said in the WRC Rally Germany All Live that WRC 8 will be released late next year and will include next season's content so Codemasters' next game definitely won't be a WRC game if it gets released early next year.

Jepsertti said:
They just said in the WRC Rally Germany All Live that WRC 8 will be released late next year and will include next season's content so Codemasters' next game definitely won't be a WRC game if it gets released early next year.
Ninja'd! Man, you are quick! I just saw the same thing!

Jepsertti said:
Ninja'd! Man, you are quick! I just saw the same thing!
Even Usain Bolt would've been amazed by how quickly I got up from the sofa and ran to get my phone so I could write that comment ?

Looks like I was right about BigBen still holding the license. Still, looking forward to learning more about Codemaster's offer.

Jepsertti said:
What if it only gets announced early next year?

KevM said:
Jepsertti said:
What if it only gets announced early next year?
If that's the case then Phil Mills was confused when he stated a September announcement in his co-driving voiceover "leak" on Facebook.

Yeah don't confuse an announcement with anything more than a "yeah we're making a new rally game, it'll have some stuff in it, here's a couple of screenshots and a seizure inducing, 15 second video"

To be honest, I don't think the WRC licence is with Codies. But with the 2018 season not portrayed in any official game, it's possible that this year's cars will be more accessible for licences... At least, if it works anything like F1, one single car per season

carpa said:
To be honest, I don't think the WRC licence is with Codies. But with the 2018 season not portrayed in any official game, it's possible that this year's cars will be more accessible for licences... At least, if it works anything like F1, one single car per season
This may also depend on how similar they are spec-wise. If they don't change much from 2018 to 2019, it may still be very difficult to attain them. I hope they manage at least 2. And then they could use their partnership with VW and introduce the Polo R WRC 2017, which was finished but never got to race.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj-YZifgeEl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=r02aakyjhymi

Jon armstrong is working for codemasters
Is that the dude that won the WRC Game E-Sports comp?

How’d he end up in Codemasters too?  They’re doing the next WRC then?

Yep, he also rallies in real life. It's a good combination to have at codemasters. A guy who know both sim rally and real rally

Would he be allowed to have anything to do with Codemasters then if the ARE doing the next WRC?  Or does winning the eSports get you an insta-place on the team?

No idea, I’m rarely on here these days.

The Gossip thread seem to be suggesting something rather than loads of nothing over the past few days.

I’ll keep an eye on here - just in case...

Armstrong's Instagram post is two months old. Is that the Codies office? Was he hired to replace Paul?