DiRTy Gossip

Armstrong's Instagram post is two months old. Is that the Codies office? Was he hired to replace Paul? 
They probably called him in to help develop the physics engine of the game thanks to his experience both in real life and in sim racing, similarly to how the F1 games have David Greco as an handling consultant since late 2014 (and the results can be seen there) 

Most likely just doing a bit of consultancy work on the handling. They have done the same thing with other rally/racing drivers on DR and D4. Liam Doran has been in to videos in the past on their games

A bit off topic. Today I have been a bit creative. You can use it as a background for your phone. Hope you guys like it. Feedback is welcome, aswell as suggestions and request. If enough people like it than I might consider do this more often and possible start a facebookpage or something.

But I hope the ARX cars will also be part of the new DiRT.

HQ link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dk-JXTSXsAEPpuf.jpg:large

Hang on, so that's the same Jon Armstrong who won WRC3 a couple of years ago (or came 2nd to Price) who's won the WRC eSports thing?

Hang on, so that's the same Jon Armstrong who won WRC3 a couple of years ago (or came 2nd to Price) who's won the WRC eSports thing?
It is.                                                                                                 

BTW, here a details shot of Jon Armstrong instagram post. On the wheel saying it is property of Codemasters Software, an indication that he works or worked for CM.

JorritVD said:
BTW, here a details shot of Jon Armstrong instagram post. On the wheel saying it is property of Codemasters Software, an indication that he works or worked for CM.

Maybe he was just in testing? 

He's got both R2 and R5 Fiesta experience IRL. 

JorritVD said:

Thats why I posted it

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjzNl-3A7Fb/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1txgqt5pl8h2q
Also this post, same type of wood and says Southam, which is the place where dirt studios are based

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjzNl-3A7Fb/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1txgqt5pl8h2q
Also this post, same type of wood and says Southam, which is the place where dirt studios are based
I like how this chat has come down to comparing the type of wood the desk is made out of to try and figure this guy out lol.

You do know that like 95% of office desks look like that? Definitely wouldn't stand up in an investigation ;)

Wonder if there’s a clue in the Coffee cup &/or Screensaver?   :p

In all seriousness, if that was posted 2 months ago, the Gossip standards are slipping badly.  Anything on the guys twitter??

JorritVD said:

“Enhance”

dgeesi0 said:
all thats shows is he has a pass and the wheel is owned by codemasters.
Sound like you a bit sceptical. Which other real/sim driver has got this?
The only other reason it could be, is that Jon is a affiliated driver for Thrustmaster. 
Thats why I posted it
I know you posted. Just I highlighted the details of the picture for the rest to gossip about.

KevM said:
Or does winning the eSports get you an insta-place on the team?
Our hiring practises have certainly got weird.

urgaffel said:
JorritVD said:

“Enhance”

That image is from the “about us” Codemasters page. There is a date on the pc all the way on the right. Looks like “Sunday 4 .......”. Can’t really make out the month.

gfRally said:
JorritVD said:
It looks like yes:

when was that pic from?
Must be relatively recent, as that looks like DiRT 4 branding on the back wall. 

Areyouben said:
That image is from the “about us” Codemasters page. There is a date on the pc all the way on the right. Looks like “Sunday 4 .......”. Can’t really make out the month.
It was definitely not a Sunday.  Probably a Friday, looks like Darren's leaving speech.

JorritVD said:
dgeesi0 said:
all thats shows is he has a pass and the wheel is owned by codemasters.
Sound like you a bit sceptical. Which other real/sim driver has got this?
The only other reason it could be, is that Jon is a affiliated driver for Thrustmaster. 
Thats why I posted it
I know you posted. Just I highlighted the details of the picture for the rest to gossip about.
jon helped on or rallied with WRC 7. which is a sim rally racing game. loeb has with titles.many other real drivers have. dirt rally we had real rally drivers helping.colin mcrae rally infact most car games have someone behind the scenes.even the mighty Dirt 4 :) and the car wrecking machine of Kris Meeke (who i really admire as he drives as i would all or nothing ! )

dgeesi0 said:
jon helped on or rallied with WRC 7. which is a sim rally racing game. loeb has with titles.many other real drivers have. dirt rally we had real rally drivers helping.colin mcrae rally infact most car games have someone behind the scenes.even the mighty Dirt 4 :) and the car wrecking machine of Kris Meeke (who i really admire as he drives as i would all or nothing ! ) 
Jon helped with WRC 7? As far as I know he only competed in the eSports tournament.

You said he only had a pass and a wheel of CM. With saying that you implementing that it doesn't mean anything. For me it does mean he works for CM and does mean something because not other real/sim driver has a pass and wheel from Codemasters at the moment we know about. 

Though i agree there are/were many drivers helping develop games, but I think they (McRae, Meeke, Doran, etc) were more advisors and test sometimes the game. Jon it seems is more than an advisor and is an employee of CM and knows sim-racing (RBR / WRC 7 / DiRT Rally / DiRT 4) much better than the previous drivers that are mentioned before. So possible the translation from real driving to gaming will have a much better effect. I think this can be a positive sign for the physics area of CM's new rally game

what you say could be totally true ! or just gossip . ;) who knows ? also dont forget Ryan Champion from the list with the epic Dirt Rally input.

tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
JorritVD said:
It looks like yes:

when was that pic from?
Must be relatively recent, as that looks like DiRT 4 branding on the back wall. 

For those who know what the red arrow is pointing at, this is quite humbling that it is still there!