DiRTy Gossip

JZStudios said:
Does that look familiar to you too @tbtstt

No, that's not based on one of my pictures @JZStudios! I have only seen the Focus RS RX in Europe, so I haven't got any shots of it in it's latest livery.

JZStudios said:
urgaffel said:
This message is 40 popcorns too short but still excited to see what's coming

You mean the FX guy isn't in the loop?
Wow, they doing some MI6 stuff over there.

I work blindfolded to keep the suspense going ;)

(The popcorns are excited to see the future reactions)

If I had to guess what kind of project we'll get next, everything points to an even bigger involvement of Solberg. Maybe some sort of Petter Solberg game? I mean we had him come in for the DiRT 4 Rallycross physics, we had Codemasters do fresh 3D scans of the current Polo RX a few weeks back and most noticeably the Phil Mills in the studio thing. Then there are the rumors that the WRC license is still with Bigben, which would make this plausible.

Maybe the Phil Mills thing is not just to have an experienced co-driver in, but it's all for something like Petter Solberg: The Game. He has been successful in both Rally and Rallycross, which ties in perfectly with the kind of content we've seen in DR & D4. Hopefully we'll get more of the early 2000 WRC cars. The 2003 season had Peugeot, Ford, Subaru, Hyundai, Skoda, Citroën and some none manufacturer Mitsubishi's. I got my popcorn pan heating up alright. :)

urgaffel said:
JZStudios said:
urgaffel said:

And how long does that popcorn need to last before you expect to see future reactions?...

urgaffel said:
JZStudios said:
urgaffel said:

So it's now confirmed that the new game will be designed for the infamous POPCORN PLAYERS!!!

Jepsertti said:
urgaffel said:
JZStudios said:
urgaffel said:

So it's now confirmed that the new game will be designed for the infamous POPCORN PLAYERS!!!
I love it when I don't check this thread for a few hours and it gets weird. :D 

Areyouben said:
If I had to guess what kind of project we'll get next, everything points to an even bigger involvement of Solberg. Maybe some sort of Petter Solberg game? I mean we had him come in for the DiRT 4 Rallycross physics, we had Codemasters do fresh 3D scans of the current Polo RX a few weeks back and most noticeably the Phil Mills in the studio thing. Then there are the rumors that the WRC license is still with Bigben, which would make this plausible.

Maybe the Phil Mills thing is not just to have an experienced co-driver in, but it's all for something like Petter Solberg: The Game. He has been successful in both Rally and Rallycross, which ties in perfectly with the kind of content we've seen in DR & D4. Hopefully we'll get more of the early 2000 WRC cars. The 2003 season had Peugeot, Ford, Subaru, Hyundai, Skoda, Citroën and some none manufacturer Mitsubishi's. I got my popcorn pan heating up alright. :)
If BigBen has the licence, why V-Rally 4 doesnt have any WRC Location (less resources to make a game, just use some old WRC 7 locations mixing them with the new ones) or any WRC Car ;) , they just dont want to win money? Lol

If BigBen has the licence, why V-Rally 4 doesnt have any WRC Location (less resources to make a game, just use some old WRC 7 locations mixing them with the new ones) or any WRC Car ;) , they just dont want to win money? Lol
I have never worked on any licensing stuff so can't talk from direct experience. But if Bigben had the license I could imagine that WRC content is only allowed to be used in official WRC products, which V-Rally 4 is not. Might be the same as F1 cars not being in Grid Autosport while Codemasters had the license for multiple years when Grid Autosport came out.

Areyouben said:
I have never worked on any licensing stuff so can't talk from direct experience. But if Bigben had the license I could imagine that WRC content is only allowed to be used in official WRC products, which V-Rally 4 is not. Might be the same as F1 cars not being in Grid Autosport while Codemasters had the license for multiple years when Grid Autosport came out.
That’s how I would see it. They are licensed to appear in an official game, that doesn’t give you free will to throw assets about and reuse them for other games.

I can see that Solberg theory. The only trouble I see is that the Dirt brand is possibly bigger than solberg (when it comes to video games anyway). I think if your average person saw a new game coming out, they would be more likely to recognise ‘Dirt...’ than ‘Petter Solberg Rally’. However it would be cool to see something like that happen. You could even one up milestone and call it ‘Petter Solberg Rally Evo Pro’

It is better to have multiple ambassadors in the game with which you target your buyers than target on one specific person like Petter. WIth VW being in the DiRT esports competition, Petter and Johan could be one of the new CM's rally game ambassadors. But Johan K has about 14k followers on facebook, or do you also let tiametmarduk on YouTube promote a game with early acces, who has 312k subcribers who had 600k views on a DiRT 4 RX video. So yes, I agree with @RallyDriven with DiRT being possible better recognizable, than go with PSREP. So rather spread it over multiple channels like VW Motorsport (6,7 million on facebook), Travis Pastrana (6 mil.), Sebastien Loeb (1 mil.), Petter Solberg (0,5 mil.).

Ken Block wasn't in DR or D4 due to Need for Speed licensing. If there will be WRX and ARX in the game, I will be interested if he will now be in the game. He is an Forza ambassador, but I think Microsoft won't be that strict in licensing compared to EA. Same will be with Tanner Foust, he is also an Forza ambassador. Maybe just need to give Microsoft something in return with showing gameplay mostly on Xbox.

Meanwhile, in V-Rally 4, the Mitsubishi Lancer was called this back in E3:

And now, it's called this:

Where have I seen that way of naming World Rally Cars before? Interesting.

I was about to bring that up Seems like the WRC license will be for WRC games only. Not Kylotonn games in general

“And how long does that popcorn need to last before you expect to see future reactions?...”

Well @tbtstt ...

egjw lzsf fgjesd hghugjf, dwkk lzsf s fqehz should give you a very rough idea!135

urgaffel said:
And how long does that popcorn need to last before you expect to see future reactions?...

Well @tbtstt ...

egjw lzsf fgjesd hghugjf, dwkk lzsf s fqehz
Now do I:

1) Assume that @urgaffel has just written a load of gibberish, chuckle at the above and continue with what I am doing. 
2) Assume that @urgaffel has written a legitimate coded message and waste a significant portion of my evening trying to crack it. 

urgaffel said:
“And how long does that popcorn need to last before you expect to see future reactions?...”

Well @tbtstt ...

egjw lzsf fgjesd hghugjf, dwkk lzsf s fqehz should give you a very rough idea!135
135 days from now. Got it. I'll check back on January 4th of next year.

tbtstt said:
urgaffel said:

Well @tbtstt ...

Now do I:

1) Assume that @urgaffel has just written a load of gibberish, chuckle at the above and continue with what I am doing. 
2) Assume that @urgaffel has written a legitimate coded message and waste a significant portion of my evening trying to crack it. 
I assume that's a rhetorical question.

Now let us know what you decipher....

tbtstt said:
urgaffel said:

Well @tbtstt ...

Now do I:

The word lzsf repeat twice, so it miiight not be just a punch to the keyboard

tbtstt said:
urgaffel said:

Well @tbtstt ...

egjw lzsf fgjesd hghugjf, dwkk lz
Now do I:

Me, post gibberish? Well! Well... *starts backing away slowly*

urgaffel said:

tbtstt said:
urgaffel said:

Well @tbtstt ...

egjw lzsf fgjesd hghugjf, dwkk lz
Now do I:

Me, post gibberish? Well! Well... *starts backing away slowly*
"More than normal popcorn, less than a nymph" 

Sounds like a classic Ceasar cipher to me
Yeah it is: except the last word doesn't correspond to a measurement of time? 

Goddamn that was fast :D

my amazement is 19 amazeballs too short

i clearly need to step up my encryption game!

urgaffel said:
Goddamn that was fast :D

my amazement is 19 amazeballs too short

i clearly need to step up my encryption game!
One part of your post made it easy to figure out... I'm not telling you which bit as I want the next riddle to be as quick to solve!

(though I can't figure out how the "nymph" fits in)