DiRTy Gossip

KickUp said:
tbtstt said:
(Few more photos here: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/sets/72157651217831133 

if anyone is interested!)
Great shots dude. Did you happen to get anything of the jump on the joker lap exit? Doesn't have to be specifically this event but that would be prefered.
The jump at the joker lap exit? I assume you mean at Lydden @KickUp ? I think I have a few shots with the joker jump in the background, but no direct shots of it: the only decent angle of it was far beyond the reach of my lens!

Will have a look later and see what I've got. 

tbtstt said:
KickUp said:
tbtstt said:
(Few more photos here: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/sets/72157651217831133 

if anyone is interested!)
Great shots dude. Did you happen to get anything of the jump on the joker lap exit? Doesn't have to be specifically this event but that would be prefered.
The jump at the joker lap exit? I assume you mean at Lydden @KickUp ? I think I have a few shots with the joker jump in the background, but no direct shots of it: the only decent angle of it was far beyond the reach of my lens!

Will have a look later and see what I've got. 
Yeah sorry my bad - I assumed those shots were from the weekend rather than actually reading the post and studying them in any detail. :#

I see that @Rallycameraman is fighting off RBR fanatics as usual ;D

Synck said:
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Doing my best. Really annoys me that it keeps getting brought up. DiRT Rally isn't RBR2.0 and neither is it trying to be. It's trying to be DiRT Rally!

Synck said:
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Doing my best. Really annoys me that it keeps getting brought up. DiRT Rally isn't RBR2.0 and neither is it trying to be. It's trying to be DiRT Rally!
I do agree with you! Tried to fend them off myself but was eaten alive :neutral:  

The most bewildering rally ever was Indonesia with that sandy concocted road in which is quite impossible to get away from intact smoothly and quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfOb4rZTgQ8

Synck said:
Synck said:
I do agree with you! Tried to fend them off myself but was eaten alive :neutral:  
A 2004 game with 60 GB of mods fed to it is not really something that should be put in comparison with a graphically and atmospherically beautiful game that demands the most sophisticated hardware to be run on. Anyways, Codemasters games whether arcadish or simulator feel genuine and incomparable with other concocted made games.

Areyouben said:
Any chance the main menu/replay music will be released seperatly? One of those tracks has a mean guitar solo in it, sounds good. :smile: 
OST, you mean? There are already diffused replay soundtracks on YT.

Areyouben said:
Any chance the main menu/replay music will be released seperatly? One of those tracks has a mean guitar solo in it, sounds good. :smile: 
We're looking into packaging the OST with the game so you can download it from Steam in a future update. No promises though.

RookieOne said:
Now, if only we could get the Celica ST185...
They did not talk about it I can take ?
Ideally both the ST185 and ST205. 
But if we only get one, I'm afraid I have to vote strongly for the 205. It might not have been as important on the real rally scene, but it's significance to gaming is difficult to understate, especially since we already have the Delta Integrale and Statos.
If there was never a Sega Rally, there might never have been a Colin McRae Rally either.
I still dearly hope for the hopelessly neglected Corolla WRC as well. Not just for being in CMR and CMR2 (or any late 90's Rally game), but as Toyota's last venture into the WRC. Only competed in 2 seasons and won one of them, very nearly both.

As for the other aspect that came up, I'm going to have to put in support for better replays and a free camera over a rally school.
I do appreciate the value of a rally school, but as a content creator who likes taking screenshots and videos, I'm biased towards tools that let me be more creative.
Oh how I wish I had access to the kind of dev builds that do include free cameras (albeit unpolished) to get screenshots and such which us mere gamers can't.
Sadly, I'm not deadendthrills.com , so I'm dependent on devs leaving such tools in the retail game, like Bethesda did with Skyrim via the system console.
One reason I've switched to PC gaming.

I meant to comment on Tuesday stating that the Pikes Peak Pack was either coming out that day or some time on Wednesday before the DiRT Rally Roadbook, which would focus mostly on PPP that week, and I turned out to be right about that.

Wasn't expecting the DiRT Show, though.

FloatingGrass said:
Is there any chance of a Xsara, a Focus, a 307/206, a Lancer EVO, an i20 or a Polo R? Kinda vague, but I'd love to see at least a Polo R, an i20 and a DS3!
Justbiglee Said: Few of them are on the production line already... I won't say which ones. 

This is pretty old but... Focus, 206, Polo R confirmed, Xsara, Focus possible, DS3 may not be so likely, but still a possibility (hopefully).

Well if there is a world RX license then we could possibly see the DS3 in there, but I don't really know much about how licensing works

Really hope they've got the DS3 in the pipeline as it would be a fantastic addition to both the rally and rallycross classes. 

tbtstt said:
Really hope they've got the DS3 in the pipeline as it would be a fantastic addition to both the rally and rallycross classes. 
IF there's genuine World RX content, then they can't not have the current world champions car in the game. 

tbtstt said:
IF there's genuine World RX content, then they can't not have the current world champions car in the game. 
RX DS3 is likely to be in the game with World RX licence, but that does not necessarily mean we'll see the DS3 WRC. I'd love to see in the game, as that was the car that slipped away from DiRT 3 line-up
If somehow the Codies get all current WRC cars in the game, without having the championship licence then they'd be rather good at securing licences :)

Getting car licenses should have more to do with the manufacturers than a governing body.
Ferrari F1 cars being in Gran Turismo for example.

I would imagine the bigger stumbling block might be any arrangements between Milestone/Citreon/Loeb, saying as Milestone no longer have the WRC license, but the DS3 is 100% in Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo.

As far as I recall, the only Codies games with the WRC license were the first three Colin McRae games.

Nope..Only on the first one there was some kind of deal (drivers names and events).Every game from CMR2.0 onwards is not associated with FIA.

789ifyz said:
FloatingGrass said:
Is there any chance of a Xsara, a Focus, a 307/206, a Lancer EVO, an i20 or a Polo R? Kinda vague, but I'd love to see at least a Polo R, an i20 and a DS3!
Justbiglee Said: Few of them are on the production line already... I won't say which ones. 

This is pretty old but... Focus, 206, Polo R confirmed, Xsara, Focus possible, DS3 may not be so likely, but still a possibility (hopefully).
Hmm, where/when did they confirm these cars? 

I myself would love a 97-99 Impreza WRC, a Lancer EVO IV or VI and a Toyota Corolla WRC!