DiRTy Gossip

1 million views is pretty amazing, good job everyone!

@Accro2008 other companies aren’t as good at teasing as we are ;D

Accro2008 said:
kheiro said:
No codies WRC 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2076255065968427&id=1415419208718686

No confirmation anywhere via that link on who has the licence. the pictures used are from the wrc website (taken during the autosport show)  and the WRC official game page are giving the same anwsers as before in the comments :

"Stay tuned for more information coming soon on that, Karl. We know you're eager to hear more and appreciate your patience."

Source of the pictures here : https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/about-wrc/rally-cars/citroen-ds3-wrc/page/795-18667-795--.html

It's just a random post, maybe I'm missing something ?

You're are missing that Kylotonn shared that post.

Areyouben said:
You're are missing that Kylotonn shared that post.
So does that actually confirm that they will do the next wrc title then ?
Or that they are just sharing a post by the facebook page that is still promoting wrc 7 (the game they produced) ?

My english is quite terrible so i'm sorry if i missed something via that link.

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1039104598496215040?s=21
(Sorry can’t work out how to embed on mobile)

I feel the ‘Now let’s go for 2’ comment could be a tease? Dirt Rally 2?

My predictions:
Announcement to be made 1pm GMT on Monday 24th September (possibly 17th, but I think 24th is more likely)

The game will be called DiRT: Legends (but that’s probably unlikely, most likely Dirt rally 2 or Dirt 5)

Also, if it is Dirt 5, I think it will be a yellow scheme (dirt 2 - green, 3 - blue, 4 - orange)

If I’m right everyone owes me a kebab pizza

Accro2008 said:
kheiro said:
No codies WRC 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2076255065968427&id=1415419208718686

No confirmation anywhere via that link on who has the licence. the pictures used are from the wrc website (taken during the autosport show)  and the WRC official game page are giving the same anwsers as before in the comments :

"Stay tuned for more information coming soon on that, Karl. We know you're eager to hear more and appreciate your patience."

Source of the pictures here : https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/about-wrc/rally-cars/citroen-ds3-wrc/page/795-18667-795--.html

It's just a random post, maybe I'm missing something ?

The official page of Kylotonn, the developer responsible for the WRC franchise in recent years (and V-Rally 4) published :
"Throughout September, we'll be showcasing the epic vehicles that (literally) drive the excitement of WRC. First up, we have the CITROËN C3 - Do you know what size engine powers this beast?"

- WRC still at Kylotonn.
  - New DiRT announced in September?
  - Two 2 big rally games in 2019?

bogani said:
JZStudios said:
ShodanCat said:
Just ordered a Fanatec handbrake.. please Codies, give us something worthy of it :)
Have fun with it. I don't know if they've updated it at all since I got mine, but I actually had to take mine to a belt sander and grind down the jack connector so the plug could sit in all the way. Helped with my weird janky connection, not perfect, but better. Using the USB addon might make it better.
Mine is **** up badly. If I have it connected it registers signals even if I don't touch it. 
Mine used to do that sometimes too. It would register ~30% input and only go to about 60. Haven't had as much issue after "fixing" it. Although on the other hand, everything about it is super basic so replacing the plug or pot shouldn't be too hard.

Now I have Steve Arpin's version ready. Hope you guys like it. Both Block and Arpin art/backgrounds/prints can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/9y4x5720hwggb/Loenbro_-_Hoonigan_-_Arpin_-_Block_(publish)

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1039104598496215040?s=21
(Sorry can’t work out how to embed on mobile)

I feel the ‘Now let’s go for 2’ comment could be a tease? Dirt Rally 2?

My predictions:
Announcement to be made 1pm GMT on Monday 24th September (possibly 17th, but I think 24th is more likely)

The game will be called DiRT: Legends (but that’s probably unlikely, most likely Dirt rally 2 or Dirt 5)

Also, if it is Dirt 5, I think it will be a yellow scheme (dirt 2 - green, 3 - blue, 4 - orange)

If I’m right everyone owes me a kebab pizza
Kebab pizza eh? I know just the place :D

zissakos1 said:
Hey @urgaffel, will the new rally game support RTX Raytracing in any form?

I honestly don’t know, but it would be sweet if we did. Driving games are the perfect showcase for that kind of thing, just imagine nigh time racing with wet roads... *drools*

zissakos1 said:

On the subject of graphics also, what about VR support? ::smile: I got Dirt Rally VR running quite nicely (considering) on an RX470 through a Dell Visor and it's a shame Dirt 4 didn't get the support, hope it appears in the next game!

urgaffel said:
zissakos1 said:

I honestly don’t know, but it would be sweet if we did. Driving games are the perfect showcase for that kind of thing, just imagine nigh time racing with wet roads... *drools*
Imagine not having those awful smoke/dust artifacts where black objects and opacities don't freak out when combining.
Now I'm curious if that would still be present or not...

JZStudios said:
urgaffel said:
zissakos1 said:

Imagine not having those awful smoke/dust artifacts where black objects and opacities don't freak out when combining.
What artifacts? 

urgaffel said:
JZStudios said:
urgaffel said:
zissakos1 said:

What artifacts? 
I think he is talking about depth cueing problems, i.e. a mudflap will be seen over the particle effects that are supposed to be behind it.  But I have seen this in quite a few games, it makes me wonder if its a graphics card or driver problem.  

gfRally said:
I think he is talking about depth cueing problems, i.e. a mudflap will be seen over the particle effects that are supposed to be behind it.  But I have seen this in quite a few games, it makes me wonder if its a graphics card or driver problem.  
Presumably this still comes down to available processing time competing between graphics and physics processing still, it's simply far more practical to do cloud effects like this rather than do a massively complex per particle simulation for every speck of dust when processor time is at a premium.

gfRally said:
urgaffel said:
JZStudios said:
urgaffel said:
zissakos1 said:

What artifacts? 
Indeed I was. It frankly ruins a lot of replays in DR, seeing the car in front of its own trail of dust.
nbates66 said:
gfRally said:
Presumably this still comes down to available processing time competing between graphics and physics processing still, it's simply far more practical to do cloud effects like this rather than do a massively complex per particle simulation for every speck of dust when processor time is at a premium.
Of course, but the ray tracing should provide depth. Don't know how it actually handles volumetrics or other likewise particle systems yet, but it would be cool if it solved the issue. Been plaguing games for decades.... or at least almost decades.

Ok peeps. Let's do this.

https://twitter.com/xtinamcf/status/1039165961528635393

I'm quite sure the phone number has something hidden. It doesn't look like a real swedish phone number. 
+46 (49)7 - 101 - 7891.

+46 is the country code. The (49) part isn't how we usually type Swedish numbers. Not sure how to handle that, but if it's old international standard the numbers in paranthesis aren't meant to be used. But any way I look at it it's not a real Swedish number, so I suspect a new @urgaffel code.

Definitely a new mystery to solve! Go to http://gossippizza.com, it says:

“We offer our clients no range of dining options, and with the ability to handle upto 2.0 customers at a time, we are perfectly capable of catering at your wedding ceremonies, birthday parties, and so much more!”

2.0? :D :D

Ooh god, look at the address details as well haha.

I tried to call (no one picked up) :tongue: but made a reservation at: http://gossippizza.com/index.html

This is way too good : 
http://gossippizza.com/about.html

Amazing job codemasters, i'm just tearing up laughing.

Definately a Solberg game as I thought. Mills is in the game as a codriver, Solberg his 2018 RX car got scanned, they describe both his rally and RX titles. Let’s get it!

Explore it yourself first, but this is what I was able to extract from plain text:

Home page:

- Possibly a focus on the 2002 rally era and up
- Presentation might go back to CMR2.0 style

About page:

- Possibly a focus on the 2002 rally era and up
- Focus on both “regular” and sim?
- An even bigger focus on car service
- Focus on Solberg’s career, both Rally and RX

Contact page:

- S1 E22B confirmed!

Haha, now that's the kind of easter egg I like!
There has to be some goofy string of events in game that brings you to this website.

Oh, sweet Jesus, could we make fake reviews to put on the site!?

Colin McRae Rally 3 was released in 2002.

"with the ability to handle upto 2.0 customers at a time, we are perfectly capable of catering at your wedding ceremonies, birthday parties, and so much more!"
Next to the title 2.0, I can also read this as possible splitscreen, co-op mode, navigator mode, fun modes?

"and will keep you smiling for months after your visit"
DLC and support confirmed after release?