DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

P308R said:
JorritVD said:
On the contact page there is a maps. A few hours ago when i clicked on it, it redirected to Google Maps to Codemasters in Southam. Now it redirects to Glasgow. Someone have any idea?
I only have gotten Glasgow since the beginning.
The map is still taking me to Southam?

tbtstt said:
P308R said:
JorritVD said:
On the contact page there is a maps. A few hours ago when i clicked on it, it redirected to Google Maps to Codemasters in Southam. Now it redirects to Glasgow. Someone have any idea?
Checked once more. Southam is it now. Strange...

tbtstt said:
P308R said:
JorritVD said:
*X-Files theme tune plays*

Ok. One unlikely but possible number combination.

7 - 101 - 7891 => 17/1/1987 => Date of Rally Monte Carlo 1987. Reeeeeeaally far fetched. But not far fetched enough not to be included in the gossip thread!

Dytut said:
I'm quite sure the phone number has something hidden. It doesn't look like a real swedish phone number. 
+46 (49)7 - 101 - 7891.
I can't see an obvious clue this time, @urgaffel has upped the difficulty. Maybe telephone keypad letters?

(Though that means the 1's and 0 would be irrelevant which I doubt is the case)

tbtstt said:
Dytut said:
I'm quite sure the phone number has something hidden. It doesn't look like a real swedish phone number. 
+46 (49)7 - 101 - 7891.
I can't see an obvious clue this time, @urgaffel has upped the difficulty. Maybe telephone keypad letters?

101 = 5

7891+ 2109 = 10000

The phone number could be a date. 7 is just 7 101 in binary is five and the numbers you need to add up to get 10000 is 2109. 
So 7/5 -2109 the only error here is the 8 and 9 being in the wrong spot to form 2019 but it’s too close to fully ignore either

EDIT or the (49)7 can be seen as 49 divided by 7 which is also 7

Just tried to reverse search the images on the website for any clues. The dining image is from a seafood place in Boston, "Colin Solberg" appears to be a generic chef image. Not very enlightening. 

My lunch break is over now, so hopefully someone will crack it before I get home this evening and waste my night trying to match letters and numbers!  :D

tbtstt said:
Dytut said:
+46 (49)7 - 101 - 7891.

Or a mathematical expression, with the multiplication signs implied? I can't find any result that seems to have any meaning though

tbtstt said:
Dytut said:
+46 (49)7 - 101 - 7891.

Don't know if it adds anything:

• 46 is Sweden
  • 49 is Germany
  • On the website it says +46 -(49) which leaves -3 for Sweden. 
  • 16 Aug 2006 Sweden lost with 3-0 against Germany
  • About the 2006 Rally Championship: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_World_Rally_Championship

tbtstt said:
Wasn’t 2006 also the last year Colin drove in the wrc?
No, that was 2005 (with Skoda). 
That WIKI link says Colin drove in a Xsara WRC in 2006 (Round 13).

Areyouben said:
Didn't he do Turkey in 06?              
Yep, you're absolutely right, that's when he replaced Loeb, wasn't it? I always forget there was another drive after Skoda!

The end of the email looks like a youtube video link to me.  Example youtu.be/HlxyYFgEvjo2.  There's an extra character though.  Maybe there's a cryptogram using that string.  I tried 2 less than each letter and got rid of the 2.  Didn't work.  Are there less than 174 videos viewable on the DiRT channel?  If so, if we figure the link out maybe we can see it earlier.  Otherwise, the link could become live on the 13th. Can't really look at the moment. 

If you mirror the end of the "swedish" telephone number you get the swedish date formation 19/8/7  and the time 10:17. 
7 August 2019
Relase date maybee?  

mirk1983 said:
If you mirror the end of the "swedish" telephone number you get the swedish date formation 19/8/7  and the time 10:17. 
7 August 2019
Relase date maybee?  
Seems unlikely as Mills said announcement would be soon and release beginning of next year.

mirk1983 said:
7 August 2019
Relase date maybee?  
They wouldn't announce the game so early.

Also, like i saw here (https://www.lemagsportauto.com/codemasters-tease-dirt-rally-2-pizzeria/34733/) Rally Turkey is the last McRae's WRC start and Rally Turkey'18 begins thursday! :p

Yea 13th being the start of rally turkey is a good tie. I'll be glued to this thread 24/7 I think.  :dizzy: