Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

BrySkye said:
Getting car licenses should have more to do with the manufacturers than a governing body.
Ferrari F1 cars being in Gran Turismo for example.

I would imagine the bigger stumbling block might be any arrangements between Milestone/Citreon/Loeb, saying as Milestone no longer have the WRC license, but the DS3 is 100% in Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo.

As far as I recall, the only Codies games with the WRC license were the first three Colin McRae games.
As I understand it from following all the Project CARS licensing decisions through the years, the cars are up to the manufacturers (and tuners) to license to anyone, but restrictions can be put in place to prevent a series being potentially recreated.

For instance, they were able to license a DTM car, but not get the DTM license (which, thankfully, Sector3 have done an amazing job with), but this meant they were not allowed to create a 'racing series' using this car, which meant no racing liveries, no other manufacturer's car could be included, no fictional DTM-style cars could be created and the template was not able to be released for painting (unlike all other cars).

I really hope to see the modern cars in the game, either R5 or WRC-esque ones. The Citroen DS3 would be top of my list for either category though.

I did wonder if it would be allowed to license a Polo rally car from VW, but not call it WRC in the name in game? I also wouldn't say no to seeing fictional versions of real cars, created in a similar style or specification. For example, an Audi S1 'WRC' or Renault Clio 'WRC'.

Sorry, I got distracted with a wishlist. Good news to hear that some of those cars are in production; here's hoping it's the more modern ones ;)

If there gonna be i20's, Polo's and DS3's in the game they'll be in this pack I think:

MODERN MASTERS
Scheduled date October 2015
'A whole new class of car for you to master in career containing some firm fan favourites'

KickUp said:
Areyouben said:
Ok, so I have been having this Error 41 for two weeks now. So this morning in frustration I searched the web again and there was a comment on a steam discussion stating that you need 3 gb of minimum free space on the hard drive your windows is installed on in order to get rid of this error. I had about 2 gb free so I free'd up some more to get to the minimum of 3 gb and now the error 41 disappeared!

I don't know if this is a known fix and if it's permanent or not but I think it's worth a share in the most populated DiRT topic. Anyone else with the error who can try this out? Maybe some CM guys can fill up their Windows hard drive to the point where there is little to no space left on it and try to start the game, maybe that that replicates the error? @justbiglee ; @KickUp 
For now this is a workaround but it may not work for everyone. Basically the game is trying to allocate space for replays and if there isn't enough space it fails and it is one of the causes for error 41.

This is known and we are working on a way of handling this more gracefully. Reason being that for some people it may mean that they don't get replays and we need to find a nice way of dealing with that in game.

Hope that helps explain why we haven't been shouting about this as a full fix for the issue.
How about giving the people the choice of where they want to have the replay chache folder located?
This could be implented during the installation of the game for example.

I also have a few questions sorry if they asked before but not in the mood for searching this morning.  ;)

Also are there plans that championships will ever pay credits?
I mean championships should have credit payouts like in the real world and not only be there to determine if you can go to next championship.

Will you guys ever fix the site so firefox users can use it and not being forced to use a old version to be able to post and use racenet and such?

Areyouben said:
If there gonna be i20's, Polo's and DS3's in the game they'll be in this pack I think:

MODERN MASTERS
'A whole new class of car for you to master in career containing some firm fan favourites'
Yeah definitely, and I believe that's coming right after Finland, which would be a brilliant combination!

Areyouben said:

MODERN MASTERS
Here's hoping, although the 'new class' part makes me fear not, as surely they'd be in the same category as the Fiesta and Mini (1.6T era).

bogani said:
789ifyz said:
FloatingGrass said:
Is there any chance of a Xsara, a Focus, a 307/206, a Lancer EVO, an i20 or a Polo R? Kinda vague, but I'd love to see at least a Polo R, an i20 and a DS3!
Justbiglee Said: Few of them are on the production line already... I won't say which ones. 

This is pretty old but... Focus, 206, Polo R confirmed, Xsara, Focus possible, DS3 may not be so likely, but still a possibility (hopefully).
Hmm, where/when did they confirm these cars? 

I myself would love a 97-99 Impreza WRC, a Lancer EVO IV or VI and a Toyota Corolla WRC!
@bogani there hasn't been any official confirmation.

This was just me doing what we (mostly @GentleNameMVB who used to be known as @MastaVonBlasta until the forum decided it didn't like that name) used to do to pretty much EVERYTHING that @justbiglee and/or @dirtgame said ANYWHERE on the internet (in this case, on the AMA) up until the release of DiRT Rally EA, and that is to read between the lines and derive a meaning using circumstantial evidences, optimism and our own inner wishlist, and if that didn't work or if no meaning existed then we'd just make something up.

In this instance, I do have an explanation for the conclusion I reached which does make at least some sense. And I think @KickUp mentioned the 206 in the Pikes Peak Special, which further ups the chances of it being in the game.

789ifyz said:
This was just me doing what we (mostly @GentleNameMVB who used to be known as @MastaVonBlasta until the forum decided it didn't like that name) used to do to pretty much EVERYTHING that @justbiglee and/or @dirtgame said ANYWHERE on the internet (in this case, on the AMA) up until the release of DiRT Rally EA, and that is to read between the lines and derive a meaning using circumstantial evidences, optimism and our own inner wishlist, and if that didn't work or if no meaning existed then we'd just make something up.

Areyouben said:

MODERN MASTERS
Here's hoping, although the 'new class' part makes me fear not, as surely they'd be in the same category as the Fiesta and Mini (1.6T era).
Yeah I think it is more likely to be early/mid 2000s era, imprezas, xsaras, evos, focusi ...

Yeah sadly no patch out yet.
Atleast not thatI I have found yet.
Could be tarmac terror or the ffb update.  :)
Edit:
Germany is added.
SO must be tarmac terror.   :D

Niiiice! (in general to have the Tarmac Terrors out so soon, not the unfortunate save file issue...)

Here are the cars, which are now in the game:

1960Ss
Renault Alpine 1600S

1970s (RWD):
Opel Kadett GT/E 16v

1980s (RWD)
Renault 5 Turbo

New category:
Opel Manta 400
Lancia 037 Evo 2

New car category? 1990s FWD?
Seat Ibiza Kitcar
Peugeot 306 Maxi

http://imgur.com/a/9FgOC

Niiiice! (in general to have the Tarmac Terrors out so soon, not the unfortunate save file issue...)

Here are the cars, which are now in the game:

1960Ss
Renault Alpine 1600S

1970s (RWD):
Opel Kadett GT/E 16v

1980s (RWD)
Renault 5 Turbo

New category:
Opel Manta 400
Lancia 037 Evo 2

New car category? 1990s FWD?
Seat Ibiza Kitcar
Peugeot 306 Maxi

http://imgur.com/a/9FgOC
I'm not sure Tarmac Terrors was meant to come just yet. Seems strange just 1w after PP. They also stated the FFB patch was due somewhere between PP and TT.

I'm wondering if the cars are meant to be with the Tarmac Terrors pack, or whether they make up the Classic Icons pack, which is also due in June?

I'm wondering if the cars are meant to be with the Tarmac Terrors pack, or whether they make up the Classic Icons pack, which is also due in June?
The broken patch my have inadvertently added the information?

bogani said:
I'm not sure Tarmac Terrors was meant to come just yet. Seems strange just 1w after PP. They also stated the FFB patch was due somewhere between PP and TT.
You may be right. There's just too many cars added at one time with this rogue 4.0GB update - something went wrong and an update with Germany, Tarmac Terrors and other cars went out without control... ;]

I think together with new locations the team is planning on releasing 3-4 cars. I also like having a month in between as that gives enough time to digest new content and play it to death, listen to fresh feedback and introduce gradual fixes and patches. The packs/expansions should stay in a monthly release cycle.

DiRTy Show on Twitch is great and very informative and I hope the guys will put one together each time a big pack comes out :)

bogani said:
You may be right. There's just too many cars added at one time with this rogue 4.0GB update - something went wrong and an update with Germany, Tarmac Terrors and other cars went out without control... ;]

I think together with new locations the team is planning on releasing 3-4 cars. I also like having a month in between as that gives enough time to digest new content and play it to death, listen to fresh feedback and introduce gradual fixes and patches. The packs/expansions should stay in a monthly release cycle.

DiRTy Show on Twitch is great and very informative and I hope the guys will put one together each time a big pack comes out :)
I wouldn't mind if we actually got all this today though ;)

Wow this thread lit up quick!  Hope it's all sorted out by the time I'm done at work.

When I turned on Steam this morning, it was downloading a 1.6GB update. I didn't get the 4GB one.

Read the DON'T DOWNLOAD thing and stopped the download immediately.

Launched the game, everything worked fine, no Tarmac Terrors stuff, though.

Turns out that one was safe, so I had no need to worry or hesitate like I did.