DiRTy Gossip

I think they were aiming for 2.0pm but they're still mashing the generate button on Your Announcement to get something that doesn't repeat the same paragraph 20 times.

I personally think it's unlikely at this point, but the idea of DiRT 4 v2.0 is pretty intriguing.

Starting to think that they are going to make us stew for a bit longer. The window suggested by Phil Mills still has time to run!  

Could be they’re waiting until 5 or 6 UK time so they hit the morning news traffic in America?

tbtstt said:
I personally think it's unlikely at this point, but the idea of DiRT 4 v2.0 is pretty intriguing.

Starting to think that they are going to make us stew for a bit longer. The window suggested by Phil Mills still has time to run!  
Not sure if they could make me return to Dirt 4 to be honest. It would have to be a massive overhaul. 
I think I have about one tenth of the playtime I have in DR. 

bogani said:
tbtstt said:

Not sure if they could make me return to Dirt 4 to be honest. It would have to be a massive overhaul. 
I think I have about one tenth of the playtime I have in DR. 
I agree. If I play rally stages it's in DR. D4 is bad

So 3pm been and gone... seems very strange, so much activity this morning and silence since. Today is looking less likely, but maybe 4pm?

Areyouben said:
Would be very strange if they tease now and then do nothing. They have the attention now, tomorrow that'll be less .
Both had a tweet at 12.50 saying come back in 10 minutes for some news, then the full announcement came at 13.00. No prior tease or announcements

https://www.gamereactor.se/nyheter/661143/Codemasters+verkar+redo+att+utannonsera+Dirt+Rally+20/

Gamereactor says they're invited for a "big launch" on wednesday, so I guess it's 2.0 days :-) 

Years ago (prior to the release of DiRT Rally if I remember rightly) Lee posted a "4" on the DiRT social media channels: it was months before we actually saw anything after that!

tbtstt said:
Years ago (prior to the release of DiRT Rally if I remember rightly) Lee posted a "4" on the DiRT social media channels: it was months before we actually saw anything after that!
That wasn’t a tease though, that was due to internal politics I believe! I think he was trying to prove to the bosses at cosied that people still cared about dirt, so went rogue, posted that and got in lots of trouble!

Dytut said:
https://www.gamereactor.se/nyheter/661143/Codemasters+verkar+redo+att+utannonsera+Dirt+Rally+20/

Gamereactor says they're invited for a "big launch" on wednesday, so I guess it's 2.0 days :-) 

False alarm! 

dotmartin said:
Dytut said:

False alarm! 

I’m a bit confused by this, does that mean an announcement or some kind of event is happening this Wednesday ?

dotmartin said:
Dytut said:

False alarm! 

I’m a bit confused by this, does that mean an announcement or some kind of event is happening this Wednesday ?

Thought they already had a press day? 

Well if only @RallyDriven can keep his mouth shut and not jinx wednesday aswell we might actually get some info ;-) 

Dytut said:
Well if only @RallyDriven can keep his mouth shut and not jinx wednesday aswell we might actually get some info ;-) 
Don’t worry, this suspense is killing me, im not going to mess this one up!

bogani said:

Thought they already had a press day? 
Did we though?

Speculation: Wednesday is also Oculus Connect 5.  Maybe there will be a VR announcement for it too.  Could Oculus have given Codies $$ to put in VR support?