DiRTy Gossip

So we have a Quattro on what is definitely a rally stage. Looks like red dirt and mountains so a possibility of north America? Given the trees in the background don't look African and the mountains don't scream Australia . Could be a hill climb type thing but the car doesn't look like it's in hill climb configuration. Thoughts?

For sure it is the Audi Quattro. Not real sure which version.
HQ version here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dn3OWSJX0AA7489.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1044519378681647104

So we have a Quattro on what is definitely a rally stage. Looks like red dirt and mountains so a possibility of north America? Given the trees in the background don't look African and the mountains don't scream Australia . Could be a hill climb type thing but the car doesn't look like it's in hill climb configuration. Thoughts?
Mexico or Argentina?  That is if they are the 'traditional' locations.

Top of moantains can always have snow.

Interesting is that the sky is green. Maybe Northern Light?
On the right some trees have light. Maybe another car there racing and indication of staggered starts in Rally?

KevM said:
Nope, It was all part of the scenery. Nothing generated on the fly.
Nope, it had random rock placement.  100%
I definitely hit a random rock on Wales after a jump but I think I've only noticed it twice.

regarding the 2.0 hype, what if they meant 2.0 years until release...

OH MY GOD. I've never seen/noticed those random rocks and animals crossing the road. I just took a look at some videos. Do they appear on all detail settings or do I need to turn something up to ultra?

Now I wish codies would turn up animal appearances for the night stages in Rally 2.0. Could you imagine seeing a deer only a few meters in front of you whlist going 200 kph in a Group B car? I've had encounters with animals IRL and they really do pump up your adrenaline!

They toned the animal encounters down quite significantly at some point, not sure why. Don't even know if they are still there at all to be honest.

It's a cloudy sky and a solid colour across the lot indicating a filter over the image to create a mood. As for the light over the trees could just be moon light or something. But staggered starts would be interesting. Only when you or another car has an issue that adds 2 minutes or more to their run time which would be rare.

Are we really having a discussion about what car it is?! Ofcourse it's the bloody  Quattro S1E2 B)

The road is super smooth :( , I hope we get some rough rally stages like real ones
Physical mesh and visual mesh are often separated (in other sims, not sure if DR/D4 did that as well) so there might be bumps in the physical mesh where as the visual mesh is smooth in order to keep the geometry optimized so GPU demand is lower.

It's a cloudy sky and a solid colour across the lot indicating a filter over the image to create a mood. As for the light over the trees could just be moon light or something. But staggered starts would be interesting. Only when you or another car has an issue that adds 2 minutes or more to their run time which would be rare.
Trees with moonlight could also be, but it is just a part, and other trees not have this lightning. Could also be a lightpole or something ofcourse. 

Maybe it’s just a clever mash-up of the original DiRT Rally locations... Meaning we could be getting anywhere or anything??

What do you mean? Those little rocks that were only visible at the start of a stage? It was only a visual effect AND it always looks the same.

But are there any other random rocks? I'm 131 hours (I've been playing for the past two months) in and didn't notice anything like that
I think I have played about 300 hours and I remember seeking 1 or 2 random rocks in wales lol, but it is true. Pretty interesting 

bogani said:
 Are we really having a discussion about what car it is?! Ofcourse it's the bloody  Quattro S1E2 B)
This is an exciting time, so I'm going to let that S1E2 slide. 

This is getting real hype and teasing.

I don't know why, but I've felt New Zealand vibe from that picture. Sandish gravel, mountains. Hmm

versedi said:
This is getting real hype and teasing.

I don't know why, but I've felt New Zealand vibe from that picture. Sandish gravel, mountains. Hmm
I would expect the road to be a bit more... gray? I'm no expert though.