DiRTy Gossip

Can’t wait to see a bunch of journalists roll on every single corner!
I consider this a good sign for the handling :D

Noticed Jon Armstrong being interviewed in one of those photos, hopefully we get to see that soon along with the rest of the presentation

urgaffel said:
So... is the rickroll forgiven? ;)

Can confirm the stages are hand crafted by the finest artisan environment artists and level designers.
The rickroll is forgiven but DiRT 4 is not.

JorritVD said:

Already 3 minutes in the stage, but not even on a third of the stage. Not look like there are staggered starts. 

Don't get too excited: it might just be that the player sucks!  :D

JorritVD said:
Found some more pictures from the Red Bull Gaming Sphere 

Motu recreation maybe?? 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcvPa3p-V6o

I know it's way too early, but I really really hope the rally DLC doesn't consist of just shoehorning the Dirt Rally content in... I hope they at least make new stages for those locations if they do use them, otherwise it's going to feel like a massive rip off. Not to mention we'd all know them by heart, kinda ruining the joy of experiencing an unknown rally stage.

bogani said:
Etirion said:
afahoy said:
Regarding the “no snow stages” comments, perhaps the USA stages will be in Alaska?
Quite sure we will get Sweden as DLC also Germany, Finland, Wales, Greece and Monte Carlo
Thats some confidence considering there was absolutely 0 actual info to go off :P
In addition there will also be a DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition which also includes the first two seasons of post-launch additional content, each with three locations.
Dirt Rally Locations are done and perfect, so why dont use them, it is Quite logical

Unless it is still problematic to include those stages as they are a carbon copy(oh well) of the real ones used in the WRC with possible legal trouble ahead.
No Ouninpohja this year

If we get all the r5 cars from dirt rally, plus the c3 and the polo then that will be one hell of an R5 class! Hopefully we get the Fabia too!

versedi said:
WOW.

I've had to go about 20 pages of Gossip :D

I hope they will at least consider adding more locations with DLC this time. As hard as I'm opposed to DLC model it just makes a complete sense in a rally game and hand-crafted stages are worth every buck.

I had to make a meme:

brought to you by Monster Energy. :lol:

Looking at these pictures from press event. Doesn't the UI look a bit overstyled? It looks like an arcade game IMO. I just love the minimal style of UI from DR and D4.

Looking at these pictures from press event. Doesn't the UI look a bit overstyled? It looks like an arcade game IMO. I just love the minimal style of UI from DR and D4.
Yeah I though that also the graphics look oversaturated, but maybe it's just first impression.

Flykas said:
Yeah I though that also the graphics look oversaturated, but maybe it's just first impression.
That's like the smallest problem ever.

Digital Vibrance is in Nvidia Control Panel for a reason. Reshade exists as well.

So a Service Park similar to D4 confirmed, that's good. It was an improvement over DR's UI only.

Some time ago, (i don't want to check the pages back) someone showed a picture of a sheep from Forza Horizon. But also in DiRT Rally 2.0 there will be sheeps. Just a detail no one mentioned yet (as far as I could follow). But it will be interesting how the sheep will react after you crashed to the fence and chase them, haha

JorritVD said:
Some time ago, (i don't want to check the pages back) someone showed a picture of a sheep from Forza Horizon. But also in DiRT Rally 2.0 there will be sheeps. Just a detail no one mentioned yet (as far as I could follow). But it will be interesting how the sheep will react after you crashed to the fence and chase them, haha

I'm kind of looking forward to trying to regroup sheeps in an Audi Sport quattro

versedi said:
That's like the smallest problem ever.

Digital Vibrance is in Nvidia Control Panel for a reason. Reshade exists as well.
Nah, it looks oversaturated due to weird white point and overexposure. It's the UI that grinds my gears.

Deformable surfaces? At last the take over of the Sega Racing Studio (who did Sega Rally Revo with deformable surfaces) makes sense! :smiley:

what are the possible system requirements to run DiRT Rally 2.0? Is it the same as DiRT 4 or just a little bit higher than DiRT Rally requirements? Any luck with hardware optimisation?

I've run DiRT 4 several times and I've got around 25 to 30 on 720p with the visual settings to the lowest, but I really hope to see this optimised at its best... 

I have no plans to upgrade my laptop due to other real life plans, but it would be great to see this running smooth for low-spec users.

So the stage generator is gone?

Nice. Can't wait for all the nolifers to learn all the stages and for the multiplayer events to suck dick.

Why on Earth would you put so much effort in such ambitious tech and throw it in the bin instead of refining it further.

carpa said:
JorritVD said:
I'm kind of looking forward to trying to regroup sheeps in an Audi Sport quattro
Maybe it is a trophy or mini-game?

So the stage generator is gone?

Nice. Can't wait for all the nolifers to learn all the stages and for the multiplayer events to suck ****.

Why on Earth would you put so much effort in such ambitious tech and throw it in the bin instead of refining it further.
Probably because it's an absolute bag of **** at the moment. I'm sure it's being worked on for future releases. And with the promise of additional stages and content that should keep things fresh. I'm sure there'll be enough stage miles to keep online interesting.