DiRTy Gossip

Accro2008 said:
Anyone else having the impression there is some framerate issues on these videos ?

A few quick observations from the quattro video (not criticism, i know the game is still far from release) :

- Wow huge lens flares everywhere ! I have to preorder some sunglasses as well now. Lighting in general just seems to be a bit to much over the top for my taste.

- Looks almost exactly like the Condor stage.

- Is the codriver having a seizure in the quattro video, or does she have a neck made of a spring ? (at 1:16)

- Kinda scared of the way the quattro is "bogging down" at the exit of the first hairpin remind me of the one game that shall not be named. But could be the way the driver is driving, the setup or the surface of the road because it seems fine in other places.

- Some nice details, parts of the wall/rocks flying off when hit slighty by the back of the audi.
It’s a bit early to be talking about frame rate and graphics! Also, the Quattro bogging down is more likely turbo lag being simulated 

No it's not. I guess it's same old with Ego. Massive drops due to particle effects. They don't even look that good mind you.

Well, it's a b-roll alright. I guess it wasn't even intended to ever reach us.

Accro2008 said:
Anyone else having the impression there is some framerate issues on these videos ?
If you go frame by frame in youtube, you can see that it repeats every 2nd to 3rd frame, meaning the footage could be about ~40fps

Accro2008 said:

A few quick observations from the quattro video (not criticism, i know the game is still far from release) :

- Wow huge lens flares everywhere ! I have to preorder some sunglasses as well now. Lighting in general just seems to be a bit to much over the top for my taste.

- Looks almost exactly like the Condor stage.

- Is the codriver having a seizure in the quattro video, or does she have a neck made of a spring ? (at 1:16)

- Kinda scared of the way the quattro is "bogging down" at the exit of the first hairpin remind me of the one game that shall not be named. But could be the way the driver is driving, the setup or the surface of the road because it seems fine in other places.

- Some nice details, parts of the wall/rocks flying off when hit slighty by the back of the audi.

- Sounds are great, that quattro screams like the real deal.
Keyword: B-Roll

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-roll

Ok, i really need to stop once with searching and searching. haha

Jon doing some live Rally in front of the audience. 

Etirion said:
Damn you! @Rallycameraman
https://twitter.com/Rallycameraman/status/1045004124708884480
More real DiRT players should be able to give a feedback about handling model, since dirt 4 was a huge letdown in that department, imo.

Don't worry about bogging down, from my experience, that's one of the things they nailed and unless the car is under powered or you're in too high of a gear, it's great.

Etirion said:
Damn you! @Rallycameraman
https://twitter.com/Rallycameraman/status/1045004124708884480
More real DiRT players should be able to give a feedback about handling model, since dirt 4 was a huge letdown in that department, imo.
This won’t be a Let-Down  ;)

Ross Gowing, Chief Games Designer, Codemasters. “Rally is incredibly important to Codemasters and the entire team is absolutely dedicated to creating the most authentic experience possible in a game.

“Our passionate, knowledgeable community helped to make DiRT Rally a special title. We have been working with a selection of that community alongside a roster of real world rally drivers to ensure that we meet their high standards,” continued Ross. “We are not afraid to make a challenging game. Driving a rally car down a stage is not easy and we want players to experience that same adrenaline rush from driving on the edge.”

Of course, no one should be ignoring we get a phat Porsche and Camaro as well  B)

So, without having more details and without any mention of the team for months, becoming deaf for dirt 4 claims, now they pretend to pre-purchase your game? LOL, sure...take my money!!! LOL. People lose their memory very quickly. Here some questions, waiting at least a reply from someone from codemaster team. If you put a price you have to talk about what are you buying ;)
-We will have multiplayer rally mode with staggered starts like Dirt2/3?
-What about Hillclimbs?
-Split screen mode?
- Dlc tracks are new locations or only tracks?
-Dlc tracks/cars for rally or rallycross?
-What about your stage?
-VR?
-Track length?

-What about Hillclimbs?
Not mentioned in the blurb, so unlikely.
-Split screen mode?
Unknown, i would guess not.
Blurb says split between WRX and Rally.
Blurb says both.
-What about your stage?
Seems unlikely, blurb states real life locations hand crafted.
-VR?
Not yet mentioned
-Track length?
Not yet mentioned.

Don't forget that there isn't any other info being released until Monday now, so a lot of these are likely covered once the embargo is lifted in a few days time.

So, without having more details and without any mention of the team for months, becoming deaf for dirt 4 claims, now they pretend to pre-purchase your game? LOL, sure...take my money!!! LOL. People lose their memory very quickly. Here some questions, waiting at least a reply from someone from codemaster team. If you put a price you have to talk about what are you buying ;)
-What about Hillclimbs?
-Split screen mode?
-What about your stage?
-VR?
-Track length?

I think you want the dirt rally 2.0 complaining thread

Haters gonna hate. I thought that Argentina stage looked bloody incredible. Months from release and looking that good I'm pretty happy. Absolutely superb stuff. You have my pre order at a promise! 

Looking at these pictures from press event. Doesn't the UI look a bit overstyled? It looks like an arcade game IMO. I just love the minimal style of UI from DR and D4.
Because a well defined and stylized UI = arcade. PUT ON YOUR TIN FOIL HATS EVERYBODY! IT'S REALLY A RETURN TO THE DUDEBRO DiRT 2.0 SPONSORED BY MONSTER ENERGY IN AN EFFORT TO TURN THE WORLD INTO MONSTER DRINKING DUDEBROS FOR THEIR OWN PROFIT!
CONSPIRACY!

They are questions, im not complaining. Im glad that a lot of fanboys are happy in their hype train. The reality is that i travel in the midnight meat train. Sorry, the past speaks for itself.

They are questions, im not complaining. Im glad that a lot of fanboys are happy in their hype train. The reality is that i travel in the midnight meat train. Sorry, the past speaks for itself.

Well sorry, but this is the midnight vegetable train which departs straight from the gossip thread to hypeville. The midnight meat train departs from the complaining thread straight to loserville 

Ohhh, man there's a picture I wanna post but I don't think I can. XD
Long story short, I'm told we can turn lens flares and glare off individually now.

As in all the past titles, the amount of HUD displayed is fully customisable, so what you see is just out the box, with it all turned on.

JZStudios said:
Ohhh, man there's a picture I wanna post but I don't think I can. XD
Long story short, I'm told we can turn lens flares and glare off individually now.
Great news!!! That's a main concern in VR, since all those fresnel-lenses catch high contrast areas (glare) and you will see even some more glare.
Now only the VR has to be confirmed...

JZStudios said:
Because a well defined and stylized UI = arcade. PUT ON YOUR TIN FOIL HATS EVERYBODY! IT'S REALLY A RETURN TO THE DUDEBRO DiRT 2.0 SPONSORED BY MONSTER ENERGY IN AN EFFORT TO TURN THE WORLD INTO MONSTER DRINKING DUDEBROS FOR THEIR OWN PROFIT!
CONSPIRACY!
Man, I only said that UI looks like it's from arcade game, not that DiRT rally 2.0 IS arcade. Well, I will play withoud HUD nontheless.