DiRTy Gossip

I'm gonna get back to speculating on stuff we know, I can't wait to hear/see more on the surface degradation. I've mentioned it a few times as it would really take the game to the next level and make it varied and fresh to drive on the stage if its slightly different each time, I'd be interested to see how this is implemented online as well. The only game I know of that really did this was Sega Rally Revo a number of years back, it was pretty cool to see the tracks made from the wheels and just gave it an extra nice edge.
I just hope road deformation doesn't become a gimmicky feature that is overdone. I don't want broken, rutted roads in New Zealand, where in reality the problem lies in loose gravel for the first few cars on the road, not torn up roads. 

MTOJay said:
KevM said:
DiRT Rally 2.0 is coming and the entire forum turns to VR discussion.

I don’t have it, I won’t miss it.  I’m looking forward to the things to come!!  B)

well, just shows that there actually is demand for it right?
No, because it's the same very loud 5 people since DR.

bogani said:
I'm gonna get back to speculating on stuff we know, I can't wait to hear/see more on the surface degradation. I've mentioned it a few times as it would really take the game to the next level and make it varied and fresh to drive on the stage if its slightly different each time, I'd be interested to see how this is implemented online as well. The only game I know of that really did this was Sega Rally Revo a number of years back, it was pretty cool to see the tracks made from the wheels and just gave it an extra nice edge.
I just hope road deformation doesn't become a gimmicky feature that is overdone. I don't want broken, rutted roads in New Zealand, where in reality the problem lies in loose gravel for the first few cars on the road, not torn up roads. 
I'd like to think its done in a realistic way to the stage, we'll have to wait and see!

EDDSkitz said:
MTOJay said:
the start crowdfunding.

i am 100% positive that vr simracers would support that.

heck make a freaking vr dlc and make it 40$ i dont mind. i would be buying it in an instant if its properly supported.

there is no reason not to support it, all their games would benefit from them doing the work once for their "new" engine.

there has been demand since every codemasters release after dirt rally and yet they never did anything.

just do something and dont pretend that there wouldnt be demand. they playing the same record with the "we see if there is demand" they played with dirt4. there was demand, a lot of people wwant it, yet they never did anything.
I think the only thing you'll find that does is prove just how small of a market VR really is. 
i think the exact opposite would happen. in iracing about 10-20% are running vr exclusively. 

there are more vr headsets on the steam hardware survey then there are steering wheels. just to put it in perspective.

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steamcommunity/public/images/Steamworks/controller/ownership/German.jpg

i honestly have no idea why people who dont own vr are against it?! its not hurting you that other people has options. just as i want full vr support i think the same goes for full 3screen support. i want that everybody can enjoy it in the way he desires.

Does Dirt 2 not already had the call <<deformation field>>? Very happy with the cars of category R5, where we will see the Polo GTI. And by the way: it's amazing that finally we have the brand Porsche, and no one says anything. ¿What we will also see Skoda R5? With the geniuses that are CM with the sounds of cars, will have to see as it sounds like this Porsche. 

It would be great if it was weather dependent. For example dry loose gravel stages are more difficult for the front runners. But the same stages wet could be tougher for the cars running down the order because of ruts/polished surfaces etc

EDDSkitz said:
MTOJay said:
KevM said:

I don’t have it, I won’t miss it.  I’m looking forward to the things to come!!  B)

well thats just full denial...

look at facbeook, look at reddit, look at steam discussion, look here, look at youtube. look wherever you want. LITERALLY every other comment is about vr support and how the status is. i dont know how anyone can be that much in denial?!

Dytut said:
Just as a side note, but is Stuart Ross making the soundtrack for DR 2.0? I loved the music from DR and hope the sequel can get the same vibe.
I didn't see anyone answer this, but Mr Ross is indeed making some new music (also, it is really good so far).

MTOJay said:
EDDSkitz said:
MTOJay said:
the start crowdfunding.

heck make a freaking vr dlc and make it 40$ i dont mind. i would be buying it in an instant if its properly supported.

there is no reason not to support it, all their games would benefit from them doing the work once for their "new" engine.

there has been demand since every codemasters release after dirt rally and yet they never did anything.

just do something and dont pretend that there wouldnt be demand. they playing the same record with the "we see if there is demand" they played with dirt4. there was demand, a lot of people wwant it, yet they never did anything.
I think the only thing you'll find that does is prove just how small of a market VR really is. 
i think the exact opposite would happen. in iracing about 10-20% are running vr exclusively. 

there are more vr headsets on the steam hardware survey then there are steering wheels. just to put it in perspective.

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steamcommunity/public/images/Steamworks/controller/ownership/German.jpg

i honestly have no idea why people who dont own vr are against it?! its not hurting you that other people has options. just as i want full vr support i think the same goes for full 3screen support. i want that everybody can enjoy it in the way he desires.

Because it takes valuable time away from regular development, and regardless of what that "survey" says, I guarantee more people use wheels and even gamepads than VR for racing games. iRacing is an outlier because it's one of the few reputable sims that offers it. Even AC is JUST NOW implementing the feature. And next to iRacing, its arguably the most widely used sim. 

CMMcBabe said:
Dytut said:
Just as a side note, but is Stuart Ross making the soundtrack for DR 2.0? I loved the music from DR and hope the sequel can get the same vibe.
I didn't see anyone answer this, but Mr Ross is indeed making some new music (also, it is really good so far).
YES!!! 

MTOJay said:
EDDSkitz said:
MTOJay said:
KevM said:

look at facbeook, look at reddit, look at steam discussion, look here, look at youtube. look wherever you want. LITERALLY every other comment is about vr support and how the status is. i dont know how anyone can be that much in denial?!
Again, it's the same SMALL group of people complaining. Facts are facts, and VR just doesn't make or break any title. Perhaps you should re-evaluate who's really in denial. 

EDDSkitz said:
MTOJay said:
EDDSkitz said:
MTOJay said:
the start crowdfunding.

Because it takes valuable time away from regular development, and regardless of what that "survey" says, I guarantee more people use wheels and even gamepads than VR for racing games. iRacing is an outlier because it's one of the few reputable sims that offers it. Even AC is JUST NOW implementing the feature. And next to iRacing, its arguably the most widely used sim. 
well sry.
but that just shows that you are talking out of your ass. ac supports vr for what 2 ?! years? what do you mean now implementing the feature?  AC has support for vr for a very long time, next to iracing and life for speed ac has the best implementation with proper overlays and good performance.

iracing, pcars1, pcars2, rf2, r3e, dirt rally, lfs, ac, acc(this month) .... all of these have commited to vr support. just saying ...

Gentlemen, might I point you in the direction of the VR thread instead of here? This is the place for wild theories and occasional gossip :-P

EDDSkitz said:
MTOJay said:
EDDSkitz said:
MTOJay said:
KevM said:

Again, it's the same SMALL group of people complaining. Facts are facts, and VR just doesn't make or break any title. Perhaps you should re-evaluate who's really in denial. 
well. it breaks the title for some of us. that much is sure. there is no denying that it doesnt break the title for people that dont use vr. that is sure as well.

i am just for options to play the game in a way you like. so as long as a game doesnt support the way i enjoy it i am not going to spend a cent on it. thats my right as a customer. they said if there is demand they will consider it. so we will let them know that there is demand from now on until release. they asked for us to speak up so here we are doing it.

MTOJay said:
EDDSkitz said:
MTOJay said:
the start crowdfunding.

iracing is a much bigger crowd than simrally circle. We are not against VR, we are against  EVERYONE having to deal with shortcomings within core sim functionality that would appear if resources were forwarded to NICHE VR implementation.

MTOJay said:
EDDSkitz said:
MTOJay said:
the start crowdfunding.

I’m not against it, of course I’d want for you to be able to play it how you want. But we’ve been over why it won’t be implemented at launch about 10000 times

SamRWD said:
MTOJay said:
EDDSkitz said:
MTOJay said:
the start crowdfunding.

iracing is a much bigger crowd than simrally circle. We are not against VR, we are against  EVERYONE having to deal with shortcomings within core sim functionality that would appear if resources were forwarded to NICHE VR implementation.

thats why i said multiple times. make a crowdfunding, make a dlc. hire programmers to take the task off your shoulders. i never said i want the core functionality to suffer due to a vr implementation. not at all, the game should be 100% the same with the addition of a proper vr implementation...

but whatever. done arguing. enjoy your racing games, i will enjoy mine as long as they support vr. cant go back, wont go back. was just here to make it clear from one more voice that the community wants it.  and the community actually does want vr. we have seen it with dirt 4, with f1 and we see it yet again. you can claim its the same 5people over and over again, that doesnt change that there way way way more people actually enjoying simracing in vr.

have a nice day. i hope you all get what you want from dirt rally 2.0 (honestly)

zissakos1 said:
guys. you got me wrong. I didn't say implementing VR support is easy.
AGAIN:
The majority of the VR implementation is already there.
- Include VR library. Start/Load it up, free the resources on exit.
- Place two cameras (one for each eye) into the head of the driver. have them move as the HMD moves.
- Render the game through these 2 cameras (in addition to the screen).
- Provide some settings (like Allow external cameras in VR, shake cam in VR) and connect them to the engine.
- etc.

NOW: What is left being done for DR2.0? Can anyone answer that?

@urgaffel: Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it. And please don't feel offended, I truly apologize if this was the effect of my questions.
I am just lost when it comes to the questions WHAT needs to be done in addition to what has ALREADY been done for DR.

I would never underestimate the effort of programmers, especially game programmers, which are true heroes in my opinion. I am an amateur developer myself.
Please read closely what I write before taking a stance to know better.

Didn't work :(

zissakos1 said:
AGAIN:
- Place two cameras (one for each eye) into the head of the driver. have them move as the HMD moves.
- Provide some settings (like Allow external cameras in VR, shake cam in VR) and connect them to the engine.
- etc.

@urgaffel: Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it. And please don't feel offended, I truly apologize if this was the effect of my questions.
I am just lost when it comes to the questions WHAT needs to be done in addition to what has ALREADY been done for DR.

I would never underestimate the effort of programmers, especially game programmers, which are true heroes in my opinion. I am an amateur developer myself.

You gave it your best though *pats on back*. 

Dytut said:
zissakos1 said:
AGAIN:
- etc.

You gave it your best though *pats on back*. 

zissakos1 said:
AGAIN:
- etc.

Keep trying, you will have it in about a week or
two

Asking Codies for mod support is way more important than ask them for VR implementation. Modders can implement VR... and more stages, and more cars, and more of everything...

I want dab support. Forza Horizon 4 is one of the biggest racing games and that allows me to dab. I don’t understand why other games don’t have this important feature #NoDabNoBuy

With mod support, I don't understand why games like AC can allow mods but other games don't allow it, can someone explain it like I'm 5?
It depends on whether the publisher wants it or not, that's all.